New Chocolate Detail Screen

ebr

WWWestern

Also me understand You, ebr. No so no. It was merely my wish :rolleyes:  

And what is your opinion about the logo? BTW do not see on screen any place for the label if it is enabled.

WWW - I'm not going to put the Logo in place of the text on the detail screen.  I think it looks much better with the logo over the backdrop.  Also not going to add studio icons to the screen.  I'm trying to keep this clean and modern.

Now I'm leaning towards cleaning the whole thing up and going with something along these lines...

52a4d6734e3d1_chocdetail5.png

• Like 2

yardameus

I was just about to ask where the play button was...  :)  I think I like it.  I definitely like the layout and arrows and tab.  Maybe lighter arrows and light highlight around the tab?  Or a little darker with the shading behind the tab/arrows.  I'd say you nailed it with the clean and simple approach though.

Okay, I think I've come all the way back around to this being the best use of screen real estate and balance with the proper "look".  Moving the next and prev buttons to the corners frees up enough space for the cast and scenes buttons.  Those will just open up a slide out panel or something with that information on it.

52a62c83360f3_chocdetail6.png

• Like 4

yardameus

I like it.  I'm assuming you move down to get to the navigation arrows?  Making sure users know they are there would be the only reason I mentioned earlier making them lighter, although did you make the fade behind it darker?  Nice and clean, I'd say ship it.

I like it.  I'm assuming you move down to get to the navigation arrows?  Making sure users know they are there would be the only reason I mentioned earlier making them lighter, although did you make the fade behind it darker?  Nice and clean, I'd say ship it.

Well, they are a lot more noticeable than they are in the current detail screen ;) (next and prev work in the detail screen now but you have to know to hit channel up or dn).

Not ready to ship quite yet, but thanks.

• Like 1

CBers

Not sure I like where the next/previous buttons are.

They seem distant from the other controls.

SubDued has them at the top of the screen which I didn't like, which was why I've been using Chocolate recently.

Other than that, it looks good :)

Not sure I like where the next/previous buttons are.

They seem distant from the other controls.

SubDued has them at the top of the screen which I didn't like, which was why I've been using Chocolate recently.

Other than that, it looks good :)

They are distant on purpose.  They are very different from the other buttons in what they do and, now, their position is an immediate clue as to what that is.  Mixed in with the other buttons it isn't necessarily obvious what those arrows are for.  Plus, the shortcuts still work so next and previous are never more than a single click away.

• Like 1

That last screenshot EBR looks great. Surprised Chocolate isn't the default theme.

Once I get all my mods finished, it will be.

• Like 1

WWWestern

The "Play" button over poster I liked more. It's just ergonomics. Easier to find, in a perfunctory manner, the Big Red Button (I'm not talking about the color, of course), than swearing when looking for button/line wich differs little in appearance from others at quick glance.

BTW Why "1080" icons are duplicate?

Actually, I moved the play button for a few reasons:

1) I wanted consistency with the action buttons

2) Depending on the poster content, the play button could sometimes actually be very hard to see - especially when you need to give it a different color when it has focus

3) Due to point 2, when you first opened the screen it wasn't completely obvious where your focus was

With it the way it is now, the first thing highlighted when you enter the screen is the play (or resume) button so it is pretty hard to miss - plus all you do is hit select to play.

BTW Why "1080" icons are duplicate?

Because this screen is a bit transitional in style.  I actually considered not having the old media info icons on here at all but I knew that would be met with a huge outcry from current users so I left them.  The other information is a standard I'm starting to set on this type of display.

Thx but anything looks good with Jennifer Connelly on it... ;)

LOL. Just got the update. Everything looks good. and now it match perfectly with the CoverFlow change.

WWWestern

I think mediainfo icons don't need on this screen. Only clutter up the space and distract the user. For geeks (like me) better dig deeper on any tab.

WWWestern

The "Next" button too far from seat of war. When use pointer like on LuxeMate 810 Media Cruiser, then pointer is forced far right and and it accelerates and slips. IMHO better place the button imediatelly under bottom right corner of the poster.

Edited by WWWestern
  • Like 1

I discovered in more testing that the NPV didn't really fit all that well with the new layouts of coverflow and the detail view so, I've changed it to fit the area of the backdrop in those views.

52a7c151bdce6_chocnpv.png

This will probably also make these views work much better with video backdrops.

WWWestern

When hover mouse over "Next" button, it dives like Πρωτεύς, and can't hit it. After all, this is an area to control the internal player of MCE.

52a828731021f_nextissue.png

buddyweiser

My info icons in the bottom right corner are different than yours :( Can I make them look like yours? If so, how?

post-963-0-65989700-1386752382_thumb.png