New Chocolate Detail Screen

ebr

Ebr,

Thanks for the new fresh look, It is very nice. Love that you fixed the way backgrounds work, So now if we have a TV theme, we see the background pictures. If we have a trailer and it doesn't use the full screen, the unused screen for video has a background image.

The only thing that I saw, was that if I go to a movie that starts playing a trailer and on the remote I do a channel up to go to the next movie before the trailer stops playing, the next movie will show the backdrop, and I would only get the audio of the trailer.

yardameus

I cannot find them in that forum. What do I search for? And how do I implement them into my own MediaBrowser?

@@buddyweiser You can check these out from the old forum http://community.mediabrowser.tv/permalinks/8660/new-mediainfo-icon-sets-for-hydra  Or you can check here for some variations of that. http://mediabrowser.tv/community/index.php?/topic/2292-looking-for-dark-background-media-info-icons/

Check out here to see how to implement them.  http://mediabrowser.tv/community/index.php?/topic/695-imagesbyname-folder/

WWWestern

@@ebr,strange behevior with eposode controls

1. When navigate to episode directly from EHS (when exists single unwatched episode):

52aad0682339f_ehs.png

2. When navigate by sequences Series -> Season -> Episode:

52aad0f87ec71_season.png

BTW Control on the right side I like more than the top, where the buttons begin leapfrog when hover.

Edited by WWWestern

buddyweiser

I found the icons I want, however after reading the ImagesByName-Folder forum, I still can't figure out how to implement the icons in MBC...

CBers

I found the icons I want, however after reading the ImagesByName-Folder forum, I still can't figure out how to implement the icons in MBC...

@@buddyweiser - Is it the media info icons you're after ??

If so, select the ones you want, and then create a folder called the same as the theme in MBC that you use, under the \ImagesByName\MediaInfo, such as \ImagesByName\MediaInfo\Chocolate, then move/copy the images into that folder.

If the MediaInfo folder doesn't exist, create it.

NB. This is done on the PC running MBS not the one where MBC runs.

Edited by CBers
  • Like 3

buddyweiser

@@buddyweiser - Is it the media info icons you're after ??

If so, select the ones you want, and then create a folder called the same as the theme in MBC that you use, under the \ImagesByName\MediaInfo, such as \ImagesByName\MediaInfo\Chocolate, then move/copy the images into that folder.

If the MediaInfo folder doesn't exist, create it.

NB. This is done on the PC running MBS not the one where MBC runs.

THANKS CBers!!!! That did the trick! :D

@@ebr,strange behevior with eposode controls

1. When navigate to episode directly from EHS (when exists single unwatched episode):

52aad0682339f_ehs.png

2. When navigate by sequences Series -> Season -> Episode:

52aad0f87ec71_season.png

BTW Control on the right side I like more than the top, where the buttons begin leapfrog when hover.

Yeah, it is trying to determine if the image is landscape or portrait and it appears to get tripped up sometimes.

With landscape images, there simply isn't enough room on the side for all the potential buttons.

Is there a way to do a refresh, like we had before? Sometimes I just added a movie and it shows the movie, but without all of the metadata. Before I could just refresh the item. Now the only option is to rescan the library. Exit out of MBC to delete the cache and then go in again.

I really don't like the scrolling text on titles so I'm going to allow it to flow onto the backdrop.  It may make it hard to see the whole thing on some light backdrops but that will be better than the annoying scrolling that is going on now.

52af1d9c1df83_choctitle.png

• Like 2

WWWestern

That is why interchange the logo/title would be better. Another thing I hate the picture over the picture (logo overlay on backdrop).

I think it looks good as-is. too many icons in the bottom right would be my only feedback.

I actually agree and would have eliminated them entirely but I know the public outcry would be huge :).

I have made it possible to turn off both the MI icons and the logo by respecting these two already existing options:

52af2c0de4070_choclogoicons.png

• Like 1

WWWestern

This is nothing to do with what I wrote. Yes, it is possible to disable the icons and logos. But sorry, this is not what I and many others, who are not able to communicate in the English-speaking forum, we want to. We want the technical data and mediainfo icons were hidden in a tab and colorful image that do not cover the same-colored logo.

Quite so, You, as the author, have every right to ignore and will do you liking, but still a lot of flexibility does not hurt.

Please do not forget that the world is not limited by anglosakson (sorry this is not an attack but the fact) and please think about those who do not have the happiness (or opposite happy with their writing) to use the English alphabet. A lot of world population enjoys the Arabic, Hebrew, Armenian, Georgian, Thai, (I'm not even talking about the Chinese, Korean and Japanese) etc. writing systems. These people use rounded and finely detailed letters. Under these conditions, to distinguish (not reading) the items by logo, significantly facilitates perception. A colorful logo placed over picture, complicates perception.

Now imagine, that the road signs removed and replaced with a long inscriptions, what will be the speed of your drive?

WWW - so far you are the only one that has expressed this opinion in here which is what I have to go on.

These changes are intended to freshen the look of this theme to be more modern.  And modern design is going away from all of these icons and logos and towards clear, easy-to-read typography.  I am still trying to leave a balance of eye candy but I am favoring text in more places.

I know the options I pointed to don't give you everything you want but it does directly address this:

Another thing I hate the picture over the picture (logo overlay on backdrop).

By disabling the logo option you can remove the logo over the backdrop.

That is why interchange the logo/title would be better. Another thing I hate the picture over the picture (logo overlay on backdrop).

I think it looks good as-is. too many icons in the bottom right would be my only feedback.

Hi ebr,

Just playing around with Chocolate and noticed this. When in the Movies Details screen and I select either the Cast or Scenes button, the Movie title text  appears behind the cover and scrolls if it is longer than the cover is wide (you can just see the beginning of the title on the LHS of the cover), move forward or back to a different movie and the text changes to the current title. Back out to the collections view, go back into detail view and the title text is not there until I select either Cast or Scenes again. Not sure if it is meant to be there or if it can be disabled.

cheers

Edited by jordy

WWW - so far you are the only one that has expressed this opinion in here which is what I have to go on.

These changes are intended to freshen the look of this theme to be more modern.  And modern design is going away from all of these icons and logos and towards clear, easy-to-read typography.  I am still trying to leave a balance of eye candy but I am favoring text in more places.

I know the options I pointed to don't give you everything you want but it does directly address this:

By disabling the logo option you can remove the logo over the backdrop.

It is funny how something that someone doesn't like, someone else can love. I actually love the overlay of the logo, I think it make the view look very professional.