New Chocolate Detail Screen

ebr

The next in the round of freshen-ups in Chocolate will be the detail screen.  Here's what I've got so far:

52a392d6e9d79_chocdetail1.png

52a3935ddf696_chocdetail2.png

I'm not totally happy with the look of the tabs at the bottom yet so they probably will change.  The idea is as they got focus a panel would slide up with that content.

• Like 6

Looks nice, clean and neat, good background display.

Any chance of including a tab for Specials when they're present?

Edited by pagali

Redshirt

Interesting. 

I agree with you on the tabs. They make me think of Diamond more than anything.

I like the upper left area and really like the entire right-hand-side. Backdrop, Logo, MI...  I'm not sure what to make of the buttons in the movie view. The vertical alignment.

Redshirt

To complement the above statement. I'm not saying I don't like the concept of the tabs. Just the fact they look like Diamond controls when inactive.

Any chance of including a tab for Specials when they're present?

Not until specials are supported in MBC...

Soultaker

The reason why your tabs dont look like tabs is because there is nothing giving the impression that there is a tab area available. Imagine you had a 5 pixel line at the bottom of those tabs extending from left edge to right edge that would give the illusion of a tab area. Currently from only seeing that one screenshot it's hard to tell where your tab area is.

WARNING: Bad Ascii art follows...

Imagine something like this:
|____| Cast |_________|
|_____________________|

Edited by Soultaker
  • Like 3

shaefurr

I would try and match the rest of the chocolate theme with the transparent text over the gradient, personally id try something like this.

52a3af2eb903b_detail2.jpg

Edited by shaefurr
  • Like 1

Thanks for the input guys.  While making it look like proper tabs does help, I still don't like the balance of the whole page with those tabs there.  So I'm open for other suggestions for how to provide that information.

Redshirt

You could do what chocolate currently does and add them beside the already present nav items.

EDIT: If you did that they could pop as overlays on the right-hand side.

Edited by Redshirt

Thought about that but there are a couple of issues.

1) There won't be enough room for them

2) It wouldn't be obvious what they do.  All the other buttons there initiate an action of some sort.

shaefurr

Ya you could go with what Red said and just make them horizontal, how are they in chocolate right now?

52a3b5c361cc2_test1.jpg

52a3b6034d13f_test2.jpg

• Like 1

Thanks for the effort but that also looks unbalanced and is getting cluttered with a lot of little icons.

I almost feel like I want to just add another line under genres with text links for Cast and Scenes and Specials or whatever when available.

Maybe I'll give that a shot.

Cheesegeezer

Just athought @@ebr do you have a very alpha'd background for your overview? Have you tried it with quite a light backbrop and seen the effects? If there is no background there is a good chance the text will be lost ;)

Edit: forgot to say i love the look!! See what you mean about those pesky icons lol

Edited by Cheesegeezer

yardameus

You could try something between the overview and the poster.  When selecting the "tabs" the overview changes or has a pop-up cover the overview.

52a3c6afee1d0_52a3af2eb903b_detail21.jpg

Or...

52a3c6caefc68_52a3af2eb903b_detail22.jpg

WWWestern

I like the new concept! Only... I wouldn't logo jumps when navigate from coverflow to details. Let logo remains in place as in coverlow view. The current position of the logo in details view may take studio icons (it would be much better).

BTW New reborn so changes the whole vision. But exists certain numer of a users who like the old design (I'm not among them). May be IMO better fork under new brand name, and leave the classic Chocolate, adding purely technical changes for compatibility with MBC and MBS.

Edited by WWWestern

I understand what you are saying WWW but I can't sign up to maintain two different versions of this theme.  Since I inherited it, I'm going to move it forward :).