Beta 1.0.0v

cmcg

Just added images for this new TV show and now I see the episodes in the season folder in the app.

I'll post a bug report when I get a chance, plus anything I find in the server log.

GuiDisplay_Episodes.js

Line No:  61

Error Detail: Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read property 'length' of undefined

Just for my own memory.

GuiDisplay_Episodes.js

Line No:  61

Error Detail: Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read property 'length' of undefined

Just for my own memory.

Ok, this is fixed in "p". Not that it does you much good. The new episodes are not actually playable until enough metadata has been collected. I note that transcoding would be possible but it's probably better to just wait a couple of minutes.

• Like 1

I keep having a problem when i play external subtitles. Subtitles are UTF-8 and it’s only in the EMBY app I have the display problem.
The problem is: it sometimes display more lines of text than it should, it also display the time the subtitle should be displayed and what line it is. It’s always the same lines that are shown together and then not played afterword’s when they should appear. 
See below for display of problem.
Sorry if this is not the propper place to post.5651dd76c7cb7_20151122_161516.jpg

FrostByte

I keep having a problem when i play external subtitles. Subtitles are UTF-8 and it’s only in the EMBY app I have the display problem.

The problem is: it sometimes display more lines of text than it should, it also display the time the subtitle should be displayed and what line it is. It’s always the same lines that are shown together and then not played afterword’s when they should appear. 

See below for display of problem.

Sorry if this is not the propper place to post.

Can you upload the subtitle which isn't working somewhere?  That may help to figure out why the app is incorrectly showing subtitles.

CBers

Ok, this is fixed in "p". Not that it does you much good. The new episodes are not actually playable until enough metadata has been collected. I note that transcoding would be possible but it's probably better to just wait a couple of minutes.

What do you mean by "enough metadata"?

I added the images and the episodes appeared.

I don't have any XML or NFO files for this particular series, although the synopsis are available, so just asking about the minimum metadata required.

It was more to do with scanning the file format and audio streams etc. than having any images. If the server can't tell us that stuff yet then we can't really expect it to play right? It was ready to play transcoded in the web client almost straight away but I had to wait a couple minutes until it played in the Samsung client. It's not a problem for me as long as it doesn't produce an ugly crash.

Can you upload the subtitle which isn't working somewhere?  That may help to figure out why the app is incorrectly showing subtitles.

http://www.filedropper.com/limitlesss01e08whenpiratespiratepirateswebdl-720peng

There is a link to srt file. But the problem is for all the stuff i play using emby on my samsung D7000. All srt do as shown in photo during the entire movie og tv show.

• Like 1

CBers

It was more to do with scanning the file format and audio streams etc. than having any images. If the server can't tell us that stuff yet then we can't really expect it to play right? It was ready to play transcoded in the web client almost straight away but I had to wait a couple minutes until it played in the Samsung client. It's not a problem for me as long as it doesn't produce an ugly crash.

Sorry, but are we talking about different issues here ??

FrostByte

http://www.filedropper.com/limitlesss01e08whenpiratespiratepirateswebdl-720peng

There is a link to srt file. But the problem is for all the stuff i play using emby on my samsung D7000. All srt do as shown in photo during the entire movie og tv show.

Your srt looks good to me.  I've been playing it in one of my movies with no issues.  Is the video transcoding?  Can you take a pic of the log from the tv?  Kind of odd, never seen that before

Your srt looks good to me.  I've been playing it in one of my movies with no issues.  Is the video transcoding?  Can you take a pic of the log from the tv?  Kind of odd, never seen that before

It says direct stream, so dont know if that means transcoding or just stream. How do i get to the log?

FrostByte

If it says Direct Stream then it probably isn't transcoding. 

Main menu

click Settings

arrow up to the top and over to Log

Enter

You should be able to see in the log where it started your video and the different checks it made before it decided to transcode or direct stream

If you haven't yet maybe take a look at the subtitle settings under users and the tv settings to make sure they are correct for your tv.  Though they probably have nothing to do with your problem since subtitles are playing (just messed up)

What type of video files are you using, mkv?  That's what I was using with your srt

Edited by FrostByte
  • Like 1

fluffykiwi

Currently having major problems with all images not appearing and nothing streaming, but I think it is server related.

Has made it very easy to spot that although there is definitely no room on the small icons 3x9 screen for any synopsis, if the large icons 2x7 grid was moved to the same top position as the 3x9 grid, then I think there would be room for a scrolling synopsis area below the grid.

The bottom space looks very similar to what was previously available on the old 2x9 screen, I.e. about four times the height of the title font.

Could have layout of

Title Year Rating

Synopsis scroll area

Synopsis scroll area

Synopsis scroll area

Synopsis scroll area

Personally very few of my synopsis entries scroll or are larger than four lines on the main screen. Even three lines of synopsis would probably do the trick.

I do think one of the options should show a synopsis.

*edit* problem was with my pc server and easily fixed.

Edited by fluffykiwi
  • Like 2

If it says Direct Stream then it probably isn't transcoding. 

Main menu

click Settings

arrow up to the top and over to Log

Enter

You should be able to see in the log where it started your video and the different checks it made before it decided to transcode or direct stream

If you haven't yet maybe take a look at the subtitle settings under users and the tv settings to make sure they are correct for your tv.  Though they probably have nothing to do with your problem since subtitles are playing (just messed up)

What type of video files are you using, mkv?  That's what I was using with your srt

Okay so i just took some pics of the log-file and here is the link: http://www.filedropper.com/log

Yes the file i play is MKV, subtitles work just fine when playing using PLEX and other programs.

Let me know if you need more to figure this out :)

I also have a problem related to subtitles, if I play an episode the subtitle shows fine, but if I skip any amount of time, the subtitle will go back to the beginning, also after skipping, when I press pause it will show the time as 00:00, even though it skipped properly.

Edit: tested a little more, and this happens when the video is trancoded, when it is directly streamed it skips fine.

Edited by draivin

Ultroman

I am having the same problems as Draivin when it is transcoding. Sometimes I cannot skip at all.

Transcoding aside...

When exiting some files, resume does not work properly. Sometimes I exit after 25 minutes, but the resume-time shows 5 minutes or something. On second exit from a title, the resume-time is sometimes set to the last resume-time.

Yesterday, I exited a Top Gear episode, and when I resumed, it started off 5 minutes ahead! It's completely bonkers.

Edited by Ultroman

That's fixed in the next beta @@Ultroman

Edit: No, wait. That was addressed in 1.0.0n. The resume status should be ok when you stop now. Is it not?

Edited by cmcg
  • Like 1

Ultroman

That's fixed in the next beta @@Ultroman

Edit: No, wait. That was addressed in 1.0.0n. The resume status should be ok when you stop now. Is it not?

Thanks! I'll test it out when I get home. I'm on o.

The Top Gear incident described happened yesterday on o, so that's something to look at. I'll make a bug report with playback information after work.

Edited by Ultroman
  • Like 1

Ultroman

Resume on direct streams is working perfectly.

There are still problems with resume, when watching transcoding titles.

Scenario:

I have previously watched 10 minutes of an episode, and exited.

It shows the correct time on the Resume-button.

I hit Resume.

The video starts at about the right time, but the timer in the player has started over at 0:00.

I watch a minute and exit.

The Resume-button now says 1:00 instead of 11:00.

I hit Resume, and it starts the title at 1:00, but the timer starts at 0:00 again.

Also, I cannot FF/RW most, if not all, transcoding titles, but I can pause them. A select few I cannot pause either.

Also, when I press down in the Log, the entire screen moves up, except the log-text.

Edited by Ultroman
  • Like 1

Some good reports their @@Ultroman , thanks. I'll try to reproduce all of them. On the whole screen moving, I've occasionally still seen this in the emulator only after I've played a video and used the controls as you've been doing, but I can't quite find a way to reliably reproduce it. Can you close and restart the app, go straight to the log without playing any content and see if it still does it? I predict it may not.

Ultroman

@cmcg: You are correct. The whole-screen-scrolling-in-the-log only happens after I have played a title. I can keep recreating it, by playing something, pausing it, starting it, exit it, go straight to the log. You may not need to pause. Sorry, I don't have mch time ATM. Should be sleeping!

One more thing: In the left-menu, holding down the Down-button to scroll down, seems to confuse the graphical selection-feedback. I can hold it down until it lands on Settings, release Down, and it shows me that I am on the top option, but pressing Enter correctly gives me the Settings-view. If I instead press Down once, it correctly moves to the option below Settings. If you're really observant, you can also see that while you're scrolling, it shifts back and forth between the item you were at when you started to hold down the button, and the item that is currently selected.

Edited by Ultroman

Something for the weekend sir...

1.0.0q
Fixed: No episode list shown while new TV items are being loaded.
Show "Continue Watching" on the home page moved to a separate user option.

Renamed "Resume All Items" to "Continue Watching".
Renamed "TV Next Up" to "Next Up".
Renamed "New TV" to "Latest TV".
Renamed "New Movies" to "Latest Movies".
Added the overview text to the movies/series page when using the larger view.
Some extra controls during playback for touch remotes:
    Press up for OSD.
    Press Down for player menu.
    Press right to skip forward (or next episode during play all).
    Press left to skip back (or previous episode during play all).

and yes, I do realise I skipped "p"! That was an internal stop back in case I made a mess with the changes to Resume.

• Like 4

FrostByte

Loaded fine on HTS and TV, testing now.  I think the overview on large icons (now the default on a new install) was a good comprimise with those who want to see more icons and no overview.

• Like 1

CBers

1.0.0q

Just updated, and had to re-enter server connections details and change all the settings I use - this wasn't mentioned above.

CBers

Something for the weekend sir...

1.0.0q

Some extra controls during playback for touch remotes:

Press up for OSD.

Press Down for player menu.

Press right to skip forward (or next episode during play all).

Press left to skip back (or previous episode during play all).

Not using a touch remote, but when you press down for the player menu, it doesn't have a time-out to close, so stays on-screen until your press return.

Still can't use left/right to move to next episode in a season :(

Q: When in the large 3 row display, would it be possible to add an option to press the INFO key to get the synopsis over-layed please ?

• Like 1

shorty1483

@@cmcg

Already being pleased with the latest versions of the app, one request now: Could a regular Artist/Album Artist view with pictures be implemented instead of this character view? Most of the times I scroll my collection without having in mind what a want to hear, so I have to go into every character.