Beta 1.0.0v

cmcg

CBers

"Suggested for you" causes issues - I set it but can't display the Home Screen - just sits in wherever you are.

If I go to TV and then Tools/Home, it just sits.

Same for "New Movies", "New TV", 

Obviously "TV Next Up" doesn't work either.

Seems any query used to display on the Home Screen causes the app to hang.

"Resume All Items" works OK, as does "Media Folders"

I don't use Favourites, so didn't try them.

Currently have HV1 set to "Resume All Items" and HV2 set to "Media Folders".

Do you have the Trailers channel or other streaming channels? Just wondering if there are remote items in your suggestions.

Do you get these issues with the stable client against the dev server?

CBers

I have the Trailers plugin installed, but always have done.

I have just re-installed the Stable version of the app it seems to work OK - where HV1 is Resume All Items and HV2 is New TV.

EDIT: With HV2 set to either Suggested for you or TV Next Up, I just get a blank HV2, but the app seems to work OK.

Edited by CBers

I don't think we can keep "Suggested for You" as a home screen item. Certainly not as it is. There's nothing in other apps that behave like that. It should be more like "Because you watched Terminator" or something.

A recent suggestion from @@SilentAssassin was for three rows of Movies/TV Series on the top page and details only when you click through. A good idea I thought. What do you think?

564b770d322ab_TV.png

• Like 5

shorty1483

It's just showing the regular DTS icon and the 6.1 icon next to it. I'm sure you created a DTS-ES icon because I downloaded it awhile back

The new ES logo looks like the regular DTS logo, but with a small ES behind the word Digital.

96519e6a425a3bb0f42a3254e91805c2.jpg

@@cmcg

In three row mode perhaps just the title between page indicator and button explanation would be cool.

Gesendet von meinem HTC One M8 mit Tapatalk

Edited by shorty1483
  • Like 1

That ES will show up better in 720p. It's not legible for now unfortunately.

I'm not keep on squeezing the title into that gap. It's not like any of those posters don't have the title on them.

• Like 1

FrostByte

The new ES logo looks like the regular DTS logo, but with a small ES behind the word Digital.

96519e6a425a3bb0f42a3254e91805c2.jpg

That's not the icon I'm seeing, similar but no ES at the end

FrostByte

I like the idea of 3 rows of posters and a 1 liner with the title, etc if it fits.  If it's too crowded though I agree most posters have the title in them.  I assume you would do the same with collections

It was actually like this many releases ago.

• Like 1

Ultroman

Isn't there enough space above the index and buttons for a title? I'd be sad to see the title go completely, especially with movies, as some posters are without the title, or have a very small font, or have done some clever thing that's not too obvious with a small poster. Also, a packed view like that doesn't leave room for titles where Emby has failed to identify it, which leaves a landscape screenshot...unless you scale it to miniscule size.

Maybe this could be an alternative, like the 5/7 items per row thing. I know my GF likes to scan through the titles, reading about each movie, trying to decide. She only does that with movies, though, not series. Maybe we could have the option for both TV and Movie views?

Just throwing thoughts.

CBers

A recent suggestion from @@SilentAssassin was for three rows of Movies/TV Series on the top page and details only when you click through. A good idea I thought. What do you think?

564b770d322ab_TV.png

A good idea, but I'd like to be able to read the movie's synopsis as I navigate the screen.

Three rows of smaller posters, but still with synopsis??

• Like 1

SilentAssassin

I think it looks as though the best route to go would be to make the 3 rows an option.

on another note, my server has been updated to beta version 5781.2 and I updated the app to 'm' and when setting HV1 to new movies it locks the app up like @@CBers reported with him using the rev server. Whatever changed in dev server to cause this has made its way to beta.

• Like 2

FrostByte

I'm on the latest .2 beta server and have HV1 set as New Movies and HV2 set at None and I can't get it to lock up.  What steps are you doing to make it lock up?

Hi @@cmcg, I can confirm that trailer/screensaver issue is fixed in 1.0.0m.

The issue with missing TV menu item when using mixed folders also appears to be fixed in this release.

I have noticed with one user login that there is now a duplicate Movie menu, but I don't see this in all users.

I will look at the code tonight and see if I can see why, (unless you you think you know the reason for this already), then I will raise a bug report.  

Thanks.  Congrats on the new job!

• Like 2

SilentAssassin

I'm on the latest .2 beta server and have HV1 set as New Movies and HV2 set at None and I can't get it to lock up.  What steps are you doing to make it lock up?

Well that's weird, I have hv1 as new movies and hv2 as TV next up. Upon first installing version m I set it up that way ( h series so I have to re-setup everything each time I upgrade) and when backing out of the setting menu the home screen was all badly formatted and the app was locked up. I reinstalled the app so it had the default settings and weirdly I've just set it up the same way again and this time it is working.

SilentAssassin

Well that's weird, I have hv1 as new movies and hv2 as TV next up. Upon first installing version m I set it up that way ( h series so I have to re-setup everything each time I upgrade) and when backing out of the setting menu the home screen was all badly formatted and the app was locked up. I reinstalled the app so it had the default settings and weirdly I've just set it up the same way again and this time it is working.

Upon further investigation in turns out the app didn't lock up. However the home screen was messed up and I know why. I had also added a stand up comedy DVD to my collection which hadn't been identified, and as such had no images or meta data. It is this that caused the home screen layout to be messed up. 

Edit: It turns out it is if the item doesn't have a thumb image or a backdrop image it causes the home view to be messed up, guessing because it needs one of these to display on the home screen.

Edited by SilentAssassin
  • Like 2

gogreenpower

I think it looks as though the best route to go would be to make the 3 rows an option.

I agree, I like large posters with a bit of info

Green.

Hi,

@@Luke has confirmed that some of our current home page views may not be supported in the next server release or may need to be changed. This seems to be why people using the beta or dev server are experiencing problems with the home page.

As always, I continue to develop against the stable server and will probably wait for the release before making changes. If you are using the beta or dev server please set HV1 to "Resume All Items" and HV2 to "Media Folders" which are confirmed working.

Once the new server feature set is fixed I'll have to see what we can do as I expect we can still have similar views. But please note that we may end up with fewer options.

• Like 2

CBers

I'm on m on my H-series. HV1 set to Resume all, HV2 set to Next up. No problems. I am on server version 3.0.5781.2.

Yes, that's BETA server.

CBers

Hi,

@@Luke has confirmed that some of our current home page views may not be supported in the next server release or may need to be changed. This seems to be why people using the beta or dev server are experiencing problems with the home page.

As always, I continue to develop against the stable server and will probably wait for the release before making changes. If you are using the beta or dev server please set HV1 to "Resume All Items" and HV2 to "Media Folders" which are confirmed working.

Once the new server feature set is fixed I'll have to see what we can do as I expect we can still have similar views. But please note that we may end up with fewer options.

The problem with that, is that the Stable version could have a long lead time between releases.

If you could also have a BETA server to run against, it would probably highlight issues quicker.

I would imagine many people are happy to run beta server, as they get quicker updates than Stable, but don't get all of the issues of Dev.

I have always run Dev server since MB3/Emby was first released, and have only had a few issues whereby my setup was affected, this being one of them.

At least this has highlighted an issue with some of the views within the app.

I'm OK running the Stable version of the app for the time being, but will update to Beta once things are fixed :)

The problem with that, is that the Stable version could have a long lead time between releases.

If you could also have a BETA server to run against, it would probably highlight issues quicker.

I would imagine many people are happy to run beta server, as they get quicker updates than Stable, but don't get all of the issues of Dev.

I have always run Dev server since MB3/Emby was first released, and have only had a few issues whereby my setup was affected, this being one of them.

At least this has highlighted an issue with some of the views within the app.

I'm OK running the Stable version of the app for the time being, but will update to Beta once things are fixedp :)

I take your point. I may need a beta server instance.

As long as the stable app works with the stable server then we are doing a good job. The betas may be out of step for a short while.

• Like 1