Beta 1.0.0v

cmcg

CBers

Had time to upgrade to latest m version. Running it against latest Dev Server Version 3.0.5801.703.

Weird one, On home screen and Tools Menu lots of my libraries are doubled. Also they are not named in app (see second pic). For some reason (or change in server) the app just shows the library type instead of name.

At least you get a HOME SCREEN on "m" against Dev server !!

• Like 2

1.0.0n
Three rows of Movies/TV Shows per screen.
Updated queries for home page views TVNextUp, ResumeAllItems, SuggestedForYou,
FavouriteMovies, FavouriteSeries and FavouriteEpisodes.
Fixed: Menu items appear more than once.
Fixed: Resume still displayed after previously resumed item stops.
Fixed: Application freezes when home page view is set to New TV.

• Like 4

FrostByte

I think we've come full circle with the 3 rows of icons now :)

Anyhow: can the description for a Collection (not the description of the individual movies in the collection, but he Collection description itself) be added in once you click on a Collection?  Then when you click on a movie you get the normal movie description.  Most Collections only have a few movies and right now I get a big screen for LOTR and just 3 icons and a bunch of wasted space at the bottom

1.0.0n
Three rows of Movies/TV Shows per screen.

Edited by FrostByte

Ultroman

I'm on N with the newest beta server. Loving most of it. Great job!

On the 3-row views I'm seeing a lot of the posters having less height than some of the other posters. When I highlight the less high ones, there's a gap between the tops and bottoms of them and the white border.

Also, why can we not have nice things, and move the posters up, and have the title and maybe 1-2 lines of the description at the bottom? Or maybe move the posters down, and make room for a title and some description at the top? Especially with the low resolution, I'm having a hard time making out several of my titles from their posters.

EDIT: Oh, I see. On the TV and Movie views there are All, Genres etc. at the top. Only in the media folder views we have lots of space at the top.

Or will the 3-row views become optional?

It looks beautiful, but I'm really missing a bit of basic metadata about the titles.

One more thing. A good deal of my titles cannot be paused. Especially titles in my Home Videos view. Also, despite being MKV, MPEG-4, DD5.1, which my TV can play natively, it transcodes the titles in my Home Video folder.

Edited by Ultroman

FrostByte

On the 3-row views I'm seeing a lot of the posters having less height than some of the other posters. When I highlight the less high ones, there's a gap between the tops and bottoms of them and the white border.

Have you checked the source poster to see if it maybe isn't the max size?  The ones I have that don't fill the square are not quite 1000x1500

Or will the 3-row views become optional?

That's already in the options (minus the details) put there by chessdragon136.  Change the user settings to large icons for movies/episodes and you should get a 2x7 of very large icons instead of a 3x9 configuration

Edited by FrostByte

FrostByte

The screen saver turns black (with date at bottom) and stops rotating after awile when showing photos.  Doesn't lock up though, and can hit 'Return' to exit screen saver back to main.  This just started with the 'n' release.  I am not seeing this with my HTS which is still on 'm'.  I'll do up a bug report later tonight after playing with it some more, but it's done this several times now.

• Like 1

CBers

Change the user settings to large icons for movies/episodes and you should get a 2x7 of very large icons instead of a 3x9 configuration

I haven't updated to "n" as yet, still running v0.593!!

Do we still have the movie synopsis displayed with the new 3 row display?

If not, I'd like to have 2x9 with synopsis.

Is that still possible?

Edited by CBers

FrostByte

I haven't updated to "n" as yet, still running v0.593!!

No, I don't think there is enough room when viewing in 3 rows.  However, there may be a little room to add something when viewing with the large icons option set.  They aren't added in either view right now though.

• Like 2

Ultroman

If not, I'd like to have 2x9 with synopsis.

Is that still possible?

There is now no synopsis on either view :(
  • Like 1

CBers

No synopsis seems a backwards step to me.

Would like to see a synopsis displayed as you highlight movies etc.

Do people really prefer 3x9 without synopsis more than 2x9 with the synopsis being displayed?

• Like 2

CBers

Just updated to "n".

I'll raise a bug report for this if new, but I have a new TV show which doesn't currently have any images, but does have a season folder and 4 episodes.

The problem is, when I enter the season folder, none of the episodes are listed.

If I goto TV, latest, then the TV show, I just get a blank page.

Is this a known bug?

Definitely don't like the lack of a synopsis in the 3 row view.

Would like to see an option of 2x9 with synopsis, or 3x9 without synopsis in the settings please.

• Like 2

Ultroman

Just updated to "n".

I'll raise a bug report for this if new, but I have a new TV show which doesn't currently have any images, but does have a season folder and 4 episodes.

The problem is, when I enter the season folder, none of the episodes are listed.

Is this a known bug?

Definitely don't like the lack of a synopsis in the 3 row view.

Would like to see an option of 2x9 with synopsis, or 3x9 without synopsis in the settings please.

I completely agree with you.

Also, I am having the same problem with two new series. No episodes show up on the season-view, but the number of episodes is shown in the series-view where you pick the seasons.

The episodes show up fine in other clients.

• Like 1

CBers

Also, I am having the same problem with two new series. No episodes show up on the season-view, but the number of episodes is shown in the series-view where you pick the seasons.

The episodes show up fine in other clients.

Do your TV shows have images, or are all episodes unwatched?

Ok, I hear you. This is still a community app and I did post a screen shot and invite comment before this change went forward. I've equalised the horizontal and vertical spacing in 9x3 view to create just enough vertical space to slip the series/movie title and basic info line back in.

564ef3a728bcc_Movies.png

• Like 1

CBers

Not sure if it's possible, but could you do a pop-up like in the Roku app?

I'll try and find a screenshot if I can.

I think the film is quite a lot less fun than it looks. The whole thing's Dutch and their kid gets cancer. Bummer.

CBers

Just updated to "n".

Is this a known bug?

Just added images for this new TV show and now I see the episodes in the season folder in the app.

I'll post a bug report when I get a chance, plus anything I find in the server log.

• Like 1

Ultroman

Do your TV shows have images, or are all episodes unwatched?

Some episodes are watched, using Play All from the season view :P

The series are both identified and have images.

Just added images for this new TV show and now I see the episodes in the season folder in the app.

I'll post a bug report when I get a chance, plus anything I find in the server log.

Yes, do. That sounds fixable.