Beta 1.0.0v

cmcg

Most of my movies are remuxed BD rips (20 - 30 Mbps) and I stream over a wireless ac network. Haven't heard any issue with audio so far, but will keep an ear out

I'm using a wired 1gbps link (tv is 100mbits anyway). On the server side I have a team of two 1gbps nics. Bandwidth shouldn't be an issue either. And I don't recall having the same problem while streaming from my iOS devices (but that will transcode first). Anyway let me collect some facts before I come back on this subject but the distortion is there. :(

Is not something annoying to the point of preventing me to watch my content fine but still it's annoying.

Maybe is just something wrong with my setup.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

@@cmcg, I know that I'm asking too much, but I was wondering if it's possible to implement a black outline/border in the subtitle.

The subtitles will become more nitid! Especially when the background has a similar color. What do you think?

post-48944-0-60507800-1449022346_thumb.png

post-48944-0-06173700-1449022371_thumb.png

post-48944-0-84474300-1449022446_thumb.png

post-48944-0-45874300-1449022468_thumb.png

• Like 1

Make sure that all your subs are UTF-8 encoded. I've seen this problem many times and 99% of the times is caused by the wrong encoding of the subs files.

You can find more information in the Linux forums. Just do a search for "subtitle utf".

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thank you for the tip. I take a look in the Linux forum and now I'm using your script to convert to UTF-8 in MacOS, works perfect.

I hope that will be fixed in the future, because all movies and tv series that I download here in Brasil are Western coded.

Thank you again!

FrostByte

Hmm...I wonder if that script will fix mryup's subtitle issue also running from his NAS.  He's not getting the weird characters, but is seeing the subtitle line numbers.  Notepad++ said his were UTF-8 already though.  They work just fine when running server from his PC and not Unix.  It's worth a shot @myrup

Edited by FrostByte

Hmm...I wonder if that script will fix mryup's subtitle issue also running from his NAS.  He's not getting the weird characters, but is seeing the subtitle line numbers.  Notepad++ said his were UTF-8 already though.  They work just fine when running server from his PC and not Unix.  It's worth a shot @myrup

No, this problem still happens, I did a test.

5660990a380a1_IMG_20151203_172913.jpg

• Like 1

Seems like it didnt fix the problem with the scipt :( its strange with the subs, i happens with both embbeded and external subs

FrostByte

Ya, now that 2 of you are having the exact same issue it looks more and more like running server from Unix/Linux is causing the issue 

I also have a new problem with the newest beta version. I can load the front page, but i cant navigate around, it is like its frozen there.

Edited by myrup

Note: Previous post deleted.

After some further checking, the Latest Movies option on the Home Screen does not appear to display the correct titles immediately after logging in.  They appear as a random mix of watched and unwatched Movies and TV.

Selecting Home from the side Menu correctly refreshes the Latest Movies.

I'm not sure how long this has been an issue, but I've only noticed it since I have started using Latest Movies option now that the Continue Watching option has been added.

Next Up view appears to work correctly.

I haven't tried other Home View options yet.

Edited by SamES

I also have a new problem with the newest beta version. I can load the front page, but i cant navigate around, it is like its frozen there.

This also happened to me, remove your libraries, start again without nothing, close the program and the server, then try again, but add just one library, preferable the small one, if it works then you begin to add others.

Odd. Since the "delete setting and start again" flag was set on this release I would not expect such a problem. The suggested solution of resetting libraries implies that a server update might of changed how the queries behave. Again, I would not expect that as the updates were specifically intended to ensure the queries we're using are the same as those used by the web client.

Note: Previous post deleted.

After some further checking, the Latest Movies option on the Home Screen does not appear to display the correct titles immediately after logging in.  They appear as a random mix of watched and unwatched Movies and TV.

Selecting Home from the side Menu correctly refreshes the Latest Movies.

I'm not sure how long this has been an issue, but I've only noticed it since I have started using Latest Movies option now that the Continue Watching option has been added.

Next Up view appears to work correctly.

I haven't tried other Home View options yet.

Thanks @@SamES , excellent feedback as always.

The home screen queries used to be included in the "generateMainMenu" routine that is only run once at logon and again in the routine that refreshes the home screen. I moved them to the support file and now call the same code in both cases. 

That should have avoided a problem like. Maybe it's a timing issue. Does the first response seem like it's not user specific, as if it's called too early maybe?

• Like 1

Thanks @@SamES , excellent feedback as always.

The home screen queries used to be included in the "generateMainMenu" routine that is only run once at logon and again in the routine that refreshes the home screen. I moved them to the support file and now call the same code in both cases. 

That should have avoided a problem like. Maybe it's a timing issue. Does the first response seem like it's not user specific, as if it's called too early maybe?

I'll try and repeat this with different users with limited access to see whether I can get it to bring up titles the user doesn't have access to

• Like 1

I'll try and repeat this with different users with limited access to see whether I can get it to bring up titles the user doesn't have access to

@@cmcg, this only retrieves content for the logged in user, so that is confirmed.

I have also occasionally seen Next Up items being corrupted when they are the second line of the Home view (Continue watching on the first row), so this is not unique to Latest Movies.

It is definitely a timing issue.

In the function Server.getContent(), just before the send(null), I put  

FileLog.write(TimeStamp()+" Get: "+url);

and just before the json.parse()

FileLog.write(TimeStamp()+" Res: "+url);

You will have to make your own TimeStamp() function.

Even though the send() is supposed to be being processed synchronously, in the logfile when this occurs I can see multiple get calls occurring before the response is received.  

ie: instead of

Get: Res: Get: Res sequence (which I see when I select Home from the side menu),

I see

Get: Get: Res: Res:

I'm sure this is causing the problem.  I haven't yet got far enough to work out why multiple calls are occurring in parallel.

You mentioned that you changed the sequence of how the Home screen is built during login.  I wonder if there are some async calls during the login process that are calling this function while the Home screen is being built and is stomping over the top?

• Like 3

CBers

When you go into a TV show that has no episodes, you have to go back to the home screen, instead of pressing return to go back to where you were.

Can this be changed to work better please?

Also, if a show has no episodes, why can't the TV show's synopsis still be displayed?

• Like 2

@@cmcg, this only retrieves content for the logged in user, so that is confirmed.

I have also occasionally seen Next Up items being corrupted when they are the second line of the Home view (Continue watching on the first row), so this is not unique to Latest Movies.

It is definitely a timing issue.

In the function Server.getContent(), just before the send(null), I put  

FileLog.write(TimeStamp()+" Get: "+url);

and just before the json.parse()

FileLog.write(TimeStamp()+" Res: "+url);

You will have to make your own TimeStamp() function.

Even though the send() is supposed to be being processed synchronously, in the logfile when this occurs I can see multiple get calls occurring before the response is received.  

ie: instead of

Get: Res: Get: Res sequence (which I see when I select Home from the side menu),

I see

Get: Get: Res: Res:

I'm sure this is causing the problem.  I haven't yet got far enough to work out why multiple calls are occurring in parallel.

You mentioned that you changed the sequence of how the Home screen is built during login.  I wonder if there are some async calls during the login process that are calling this function while the Home screen is being built and is stomping over the top?

Ok, I was on the right track, it was definitely getting clobbered due to overlapping calls, but now I know why,and it's a simple fix.

Server.getContent = function(url) {

var xmlHttp = new XMLHttpRequest();
	if (xmlHttp) {

In the current release, xmlHttp isn't defined with var (local scope) so it is defaulting to global scope and so when a second call is made before the first call is complete, the response from the first call is lost.

I've tried this and don't seem to be able to fault it now.  I can still see out of sequence Get:, Res: messages in my logging, but it no longer causes a problem.

Edited by SamES
  • Like 3

And I'm having a guess here.  I think the whole log screen moves up when a log message spans multiple lines.  I haven't looked at how this is handles but it seems to confuse the screen height calculation and causes the whole screen to scroll instead of just the text.  I suspect the scrolling logic is based on the number of items, and not the individual line height of each item.

• Like 1

Ok, I was on the right track, it was definitely getting clobbered due to overlapping calls, but now I know why,and it's a simple fix.

Server.getContent = function(url) {

var xmlHttp = new XMLHttpRequest();
	if (xmlHttp) {

That's a nice catch @@SamES

I've not been able to replicate this issue at all. But making that a local variable is absolutely the right call so in it goes.

Edited by cmcg
  • Like 2

Not a real bug but I've notice that when going through the 'more episodes' option in season view it always defaults to the first episode, instead of the first unwatched episode as I would expect or even the next one in order from the one you just watched.

I'm using r, but it's been like that for a while.

Green.

1.0.0s will set the episode before this one at the top of the More Episodes list. So (when possible) the list always defaults to previous, current, next, subsequent.

• Like 3

Ultroman

1.0.0s will set the episode before this one at the top of the More Episodes list. So (when possible) the list always defaults to previous, current, next, subsequent.

Am I the only one who's thinking "What...?". Can you clarify, cmcg?

Still loving the progress! Seems like it's getting more and more stable :)

• Like 1

CBers

1.0.0s will set the episode before this one at the top of the More Episodes list. So (when possible) the list always defaults to previous, current, next, subsequent.

Can we have Next/Previous (left/right) episode functionality back as well/instead of please ?

Very short of time these days. Some modest updates.

1.0.0s
Added a slight edge shadow to subtitles.
Possible fix for subtitles incorrectly displayed with Unix server. Please feedback @@vultux and @@myrup
Fixed a problem with Latest Movies/TV on the home page. Thanks @@SamES
Set the previous episode at the top of the More Episodes list.

• Like 3