Beta 1.0.0v

cmcg

I forgot to mention that D-Series users will probably not see the subtitle text shadow. Perhaps a D-Series user can confirm please.

shorty1483

I forgot to mention that D-Series users will probably not see the subtitle text shadow. Perhaps a D-Series user can confirm please.

I will use your attention to say thanks and to inform you that the my problems with subtitles are gone ;) Since I exported all my internal subs to external srt, everything working flawlessly.

• Like 2

Very short of time these days. Some modest updates.

1.0.0s

Added a slight edge shadow to subtitles.

Possible fix for subtitles incorrectly displayed with Unix server. Please feedback @@vultux and @@myrup

Thank you for the update!

Still same problem (follow attached the subtitle).

5665f00c79cf8_IMG_20151207_184049.jpg

Family.Guy.S11.Special-200.Episodes.Later.720p.HDTV.X264-DIMENSION.srt.zip

CBers

Should have been fixed in that version...

I'm not seeing CA treatments in the web client or the Emby for Android TV app either.

Are you getting treatments displayed OK?

shorty1483

I'm not seeing CA treatments in the web client or the Emby for Android TV app either.

Are you getting treatments displayed OK?

Cannot check log as I'm not at home but the stock images with faulty magick version reprocessed when I updated server with bugfix yesterday and deleted enhanced images folder.

Gesendet von meinem HTC One M8 mit Tapatalk

CBers

Cannot check log as I'm not at home but the stock images with faulty magick version reprocessed when I updated server with bugfix yesterday and deleted enhanced images folder.

Looks like there's still a problem with ImageMagick.

shorty1483

Looks like there's still a problem with ImageMagick.

Yeah seems something with ImageMagickSharp.dll.

@@cmcg Now that I am able too use subs in the end :D one request if doable. When playing a movie and opening the subtitle menu could the subs displayed with e.g. a (D) and/or (F) for Default and Forced after the Language like in WebClient? And perhaps a Subtitle logo in the MediaInfo Logo section?

In general I thought if it would be possible to make the MediaInfo Icons selectable with showing the Mediainfo for the sections (Video, Audio, Subs) above the title and plot in a table.

• Like 2

Chaps did any of you have problems with direct stream playback?

From time to time while watching a movie or show with the samsung app,  the playback just stops with a  "network connection error" and it takes me back to the asset information. starting playback again, just works (but sometimes the progress is not saved for some reason).

I've been checking my emby-server logs (running latest stable version on CentOS 7) and I can see that some responses take a long long time, sometimes even 2-3 seconds or more. So I'm wondering if there is any default buffer size or timeout defined to get data from the server that can cause this behavior in the app.

I'm don't have any problems with the iOS app for example.

I will open a different thread for the slow response times on the server since checking the server usage CPU (4 vCPU Xeon) at the same time, it was just idle, same with disks (RAID 1+0 on an HP P222 RAID controller). I also have the NICs teamed and I couldn't find any network issue so far so all I'm left with is that I'm hitting a timeout or a buffer problem in the app that shows up as a network error.

Thanks.

PS: I'm running on 1.0.0R I think, I just can't confirm it right now because I'm on a business travel.

Edited by fc7

This beta is a 1.0.0 release candidate. Only crushingly important bugs will be addressed from here on out.

1.0.0t
Fixed: Subtitles incorrectly displayed with some Unix servers.
Added a closed caption icon to media details pages.

• Like 2

FrostByte

Not yet and I've played a lot of movies lately, I'll try again here in a second using a remuxed BD after loading 1.0.0t and see if I can duplicate.

Chaps did any of you have problems with direct stream playback?

Yes. The intension is that 2.x will be 720p and support F-Series and above. Beyond that, if you want to go to 1080p you'll have the same issue with me that you had with Chess. IE. There is little reason to program a release that cuts off support for my own TV!

If show stopping bugs are found in 1.x or a server change threatens to cut off support for D series users unless we make a client change then I can imagine doing some updates on 1.x. But I doubt there will be any feature releases on that branch.

For me, this client is attractive, reasonably feature complete and stable. So you should expect progress to remain at the current slow pace unless my circumstances change, but yes, I do fancy me a bit of HD goodness.

• Like 3

Yes. The intension is that 2.x will be 720p and support F-Series and above. Beyond that, if you want to go to 1080p you'll have the same issue with me that you had with Chess. IE. There is little reason to program a release that cuts off support for my own TV!

If show stopping bugs are found in 1.x or a server change threatens to cut off support for D series users unless we make a client change then I can imagine doing some updates on 1.x. But I doubt there will be any feature releases on that branch.

For me, this client is attractive, reasonably feature complete and stable. So you should expect progress to remain at the current slow pace unless my circumstances change, but yes, I do fancy me a bit of HD goodness.

Would love to see an HD version of the app. :) At least 720p.

You've been doing a fantastic work @@cmcg and the app it's really impressive. I already mentioned that I'm not using my RPi running Kodi anymore, with this app I just don't need it.

On the other hand one feature I would love to see in the app is to be able to add more than one user to the session so when we watch some show with the rest of the family the episode will be marked as viewed for all the users involved. Pretty much what the Emby for Kodi currently does. It's a great feature for a shared screen like the living room TV. :)

FrostByte

Or people with a D series tv could buy an evolution kit like I did, but that would require some code change to detect the evokit I think as mine is still seen as my original model.

Agree, the client is attractive.  Looking forward to 2.0.  Thanks again for all your effort even though I know you're really busy now with the new job and all.

CBers

Is your plan still to create a fork and make 2.0 a HD release after this then?

Do we really need a HD release ??

How many people have TV's below the F series ??

shorty1483

Do we really need a HD release ??

How many people have TV's below the F series ??

Answer to question one is definitely yes. from SD to HD look, there are worlds between. This functional app looks simply awesome in HD.

Edited by shorty1483
  • Like 1

FrostByte

I think it makes a great exit strategy also if cmcg decides to put the app in sustainment status again while concentrating on life ;)

shorty1483

I think it makes a great exit strategy also if cmcg decides to put the app in sustainment status again while concentrating on life ;)

It was never said the HD version needs to be done in the next days :P

• Like 1