Emby for Samsung now available for Orsay 2015 devices

Luke

Great news everyone. If you are in the USA and you are running a 2015 entry level model, Emby is now available in the Samsung Smart Hub App Store !

If you are not in the USA, you may be able to install via this region hack here:

https://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/45404-how-to-install-the-official-emby-app-on-a-samsung-smart-tv-outside-the-us/

Stay tuned for availability outside of the USA as well as even older models. Enjoy !

• Like 4

FrostByte

Stay tuned for availability outside of the USA as well as even older models. Enjoy !

Region switching instructions were updated yesterday to include 2013 F-series and 2014 H-series TVs, will update more if needed

• Like 1

SilentAssassin

The Orsay version available in the app store, is that a new one developed by the Emby team, or is it the one that @@cmcg updates?

You said its available for entry level 2015 Orsay TV's but what model letter is that?

FrostByte

The Orsay version available in the app store, is that a new one developed by the Emby team, or is it the one that @@cmcg updates?

You said its available for entry level 2015 Orsay TV's but what model letter is that?

No, it's the same as the Tizen app.  Luke can explain more.

2015 = J-series.  There were some entry level J-series TVs and all BD players that still run Orsay

Followed the instructions and changed my TV's internet region to the USA from UK but can't find any mention of Emby anywhere on the Samsung store after doing this.

The region change deleted a lot of my installed apps which is fine but Emby can't be found anywhere, even the search function doesn't list it.

My TV is a 60" 2014 Samsung PS60F5500 if anyone can please help!

Thanks in advance.

FrostByte

Followed the instructions and changed my TV's internet region to the USA from UK but can't find any mention of Emby anywhere on the Samsung store after doing this.

The region change deleted a lot of my installed apps which is fine but Emby can't be found anywhere, even the search function doesn't list it.

My TV is a 60" 2014 Samsung PS60F5500 if anyone can please help!

Thanks in advance.

According to Luke's post it's only available now for those 2015 J-series entry level TVs which were still running Orsay.  Older models coming soon

There was a warning in those instructions about the apps :)

I have one older model TV and I'm in the US and I can't see it either.  Personally, I would wait until someone in the US confirms it's out there before switching my region.  Would be nice if it comes available worldwide soon though

Edited by FrostByte

FrostByte

I've removed the instructions for changing regions for older models until Luke says it's actually in the store as that may have been causing some confusion with what he posted