Emby for Samsung Smart TV 2017 Now in App Store

Luke

The app is now available in the Samsung app store in the USA for 2017 models.

Stay tuned for availability worldwide.

Enjoy.

• Like 1

I am afraid I have found a few issues when installing on my MU model. There are some strange banners when first installing. I will try to put these in my next post. These are not serious as I could understand what I needed to do.

The next problem is that fast forward and fast rewind do not seem to work.

However, the big problem is that while playing a TV show episode, if I press Stop or the Return button on the remote and then press play again, it starts the episode from the beginning again.

• Like 1

FrostByte

Will something akin to these instructions enable use outside the usa? 

Thanks

If you find something different with your 2017 model and those 2016 instructions let us know and I'll update the page.  I'll try and find something online myself too.  Thanks.

• Like 1

reuveng

I am afraid I have found a few issues when installing on my MU model. There are some strange banners when first installing. I will try to put these in my next post. These are not serious as I could understand what I needed to do.

The next problem is that fast forward and fast rewind do not seem to work.

However, the big problem is that while playing a TV show episode, if I press Stop or the Return button on the remote and then press play again, it starts the episode from the beginning again.

Second to this. Using Synology DS412+ and Samsung 65MU8000. Also no subtitles when playing a movie DTS-HD sound.

• 1 month later...
  • 11 months later...
regivaldocosta

We are working on general worldwide access. Thanks.

I'm from Brazil and waiting anxiously to use in my Samsung MU7000.

Many thanks.

Edited by regivaldocosta
  • Like 1

trusselo

Luckily changing my country from Canada, to USA, (so far) has not yielded any drawbacks... Except "Sponsored" app/ads in the Samsung Home bar, no ads when Canadian country selected.

Netflix and Amazon apps still have played the 2 test shows I tried.

On my model UN55MU6490

Edited by trusselo
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I believe we have it hidden from the tizen app due to Samsung reviewers reporting some issues, so we took it out to get through the review process. We can look at enabling it in a future update. Thanks.

• Like 2