live tv

dylanrellis

krustyreturns

never mind.  My kid still had the stock sample folder on his computer, I can reproduce the problem.  Thanks!

52e332d78837b_recordingserror2.jpg

as you can see, the  samples folder is occupied by the windows factory loaded "landscapes" file for showcasing i'm guessing.

upon deletion of this "samples" folder in it's entirety, the error is effectively corrected.

I tried renaming the "landscapes.wtv" to another time-stamped name (Landscapes_KCTVDT_2013_12_09_19_28_00 2.wtv) another recording had. Still got an error.

I tried moving the "landscapes.wtv" up one layer to the "\recorded tv" folder. Still got an error.

I tried deleting the "samples" folder, but leaving the "lanscapes.wtv" file in the "\recorded tv" folder. Still got an error.

I tried deleting the "samples" folder, but leaving the "Landscapes_KCTVDT_2013_12_09_19_28_00 2.wtv" file in the "\recorded tv" folder. Still got an error.

I deleted the "landscapes.wtv" file from the "\recorded tv" folder. Error resolved

I then re-added the "samples" folder (no file within) to the "\recorded tv" folder. Error still resolved.

The end result, it is 100% the "Landscapes.wtv" file that is creating the error. Simply deleting it resolves the error.

Hope this helps.

krustyreturns

It does.  Thanks.  I found the problem.  Lol, the bug was triggered by a stock sample file - I guess that's why more than one of you found it!  I deleted these files long ago.

krustyreturns

Nice of you to say after such an embarrassing bug.  Unless you were being sarcastic...  what the hell, I'll take it anyway.

• Like 3

For those of you interested in more tv plugins, can someone go over to Argus.tv and post in their forums? I have spoken to their developer and I think he can be easily convinced. 

Even if Argus is not the one you want, getting a commitment from a competitor is a great way to attract others.

I'll try give it a shot today or tomorrow, been busy at work...

Sent by my HTC8X using Tapatalk

@@Luke found Argos on tapatalk so while i was waiting for my daughter at gymnastics I've put a post up!

BUT its gone straight to moderation ?? Guess I'll av to wait and see if it's accepted..

Sent by my HTC8X using Tapatalk

TheShanMan

That was it. Quick test shows live tv working for me. So cool. Looking forward to support being added to the android app. :)

candybar213

What is EPG the reason I am asking is because when I try to launch Serverwmc I get this box and I don't know what it needs?

52e6cf791bd5b_Epg.png

Edit: nevermind I have to configure WMC first sorry I am kinda retarded sometimes I guess I am to excited about working in MB3

Edited by candybar213

krustyreturns

If they are on the same machine, try setting the IP address in the mb3 plugin settings for serverwmc to 127.0.0.1 instead of 'localhost'

TheShanMan

I just tried to set up live tv and I get "connection failed" from the plugin page. I've verified that telnetting to the serverwmc port defined in the plugin settings works. There is nothing in my server log relating to the failure. Is there a different log file for the plugin? How can I troubleshoot this? FWIW I set up serverwmc as a service, and mediabrowser is also configured as a service. They don't use the same user account, but I'm guessing that wouldn't matter.

scarecrow420

I wonder why "localhost" name resolution isnt working, there are multiple people that seem to get this.  If you are at a command prompt can you "ping -4 localhost" succesfully and it resolves to 127.0.0.1?

krustyreturns

I am wondering that myself, it works on one of my machines but not the other.  But I have a fix in for the next rev that takes care of it.

scarecrow420

possibly.  if you disable ipv6 on the network interface properties, then see if MB3 connects using localhost, i guess that is the answer.  

krustyreturns

That's the answer all right.  That explains the difference between the two machines I was testing with.  Thanks for solving that mystery.

gutterpunk13

Just thought I would give an update. Before When I was streaming live TV to my work the video stream would freeze after a few minutes. That problem seems to have been resolved. I let the TV stream play for half the day yesterday without a problem.

When I left I forgot to stop the stream  When I came in the next day Firefox had crashed.

My dashboard also still showed that the connection was still open.

I restarted the browser and was able to start another stream and I have yet to check and see if the server has let go of the tuner that was in use yesterday.

I doubt many people will want to play a stream for such a long time but I just thought I would let you guys know what happened.

krustyreturns

Any chance your recorded tv folder ran out of disk space?  swmc does not use a ring buffer like wmc uses for live tv, it just creates one (actually two) files that grow for as long as you watch the stream.

On a coincidentally note, xbmc users have requested that streams get auto-stopped if they run over a setable number of hours (for falling asleep in front of the tv).  If time allows I want to get it into the next release.

• Like 1

krustyreturns

To test an installer build I always run it on my main mediaserver and I never kill the old instance before I run it.  Waiting until the next update though is fine with me.

techywarrior

Krusty,

Some general serverwmc suggestions.

• Ideally it would be great to have auto updates of the actual serverwmc server file (I know we talked about that before)
  • Installing/updating serverwmc should kill current serverwmc processes (or at minimum throw an error that it is running with a prompt to close it)
  • If it's doing an update (and/or if it knows it killed the current process) it should relaunch serverwmc on completion.

I accidentally updated without killing serverwmc first and it allowed me to continue and proceeded as if everything was ok. When I realized I killed serverwmc and restarted but that doesn't actually start the new version. It's too late now for me to check but I don't think the update ended up doing anything and yet it said it completed successfully. I needed to reinstall the update to get it to work properly.

gutterpunk13

Any chance your recorded tv folder ran out of disk space?  swmc does not use a ring buffer like wmc uses for live tv, it just creates one (actually two) files that grow for as long as you watch the stream.

On a coincidentally note, xbmc users have requested that streams get auto-stopped if they run over a setable number of hours (for falling asleep in front of the tv).  If time allows I want to get it into the next release.

That very well could be the case. The drive I have for recorded TV is a 1TB with 300 gigs being used and is also my boot drive.