live tv

dylanrellis

grousie26

Hi grousie26, sorry I missed your error posted earlier.  This is a strange error, it seems that a windows DLL or service that ServerWMC needs to access is not present, possibly one of the Microsoft WMC ones (which live in c:\windows\ehome directory) or otherwise some more critical core part of windows.  The error is being thrown inside ehiProxy.dll (one of the WMC dll in this windwos\ehome directory) when it is trying to access tuners.

Can you confirm that you have everything setup correctly - ie you have Microsoft WMC installed on the same machine as ServerWMC, and that WMC is setup and working OK (drivers installed for your TV tuners, WMC is aware of the tuners, has scanned in channels. you are able to view live TV in WMC etc)?  You havent used any 3rd party hacks to modify WMC in any way (changed menus/EPG grid, disabled services etc)?  You could also check that you have the Recording and EPG services present in your Services on the machine (I cant recall their exact names at this stage).

Based on your answers to those questions, I would envisage you either just need to fixup the drivers/tuner hardware, setup WMC and/or reinstall WMC.  If that isnt the problem, Im afraid I would next suggest going down the course of windows repair or reinstallation as it seems something in the OS is not present, that should be...

System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException (0x80070490): Element not found. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80070490)

Edit: from some googling I did, another thing to try could be to run things as Administrator (ServerWMC I guess)... though we have never encountered anyone who needed to do this before, it would be interesting to know if this changes anything for you

@@scarecrow420 thanks for your reply.

I do have WMC installed on the same machine as ServerWMC, and WMC is setup and working OK.  I have been using it as my only TV in the house.  I do have 2 3rd party hacks - 'Media Center Themer' and 'My Channel Logos'.  I am also using IceTV to populate my TV Guide and recordings.

There are 2 WMC services, WMC Receiver Service and WMC Scheduler Service.  Only the former is running.

Would you suggest i uninstall Media Center Themer and My Channel Logos?

i just figured this out. rliepins, do you have gmail chat or something we can chat on? this would take a while in here

jbcaindo@gmail.com

It's a serverWMC conflict with existing WMC settings.

for people, like me, that use a recording folder OTHER than the default c:\user\public\recorded tv ( I use V:\fexraid\recorded tv)

you have to do the following:

go into WMC\tasks\settings\tv\recorder\media libraries

Click REMOVE folders from library and click "NEXT"

Then navigate to the c:\user\pubic\recorded tv and DELETE it.

restart serverWMC and voila.

scarecrow420

@@scarecrow420 thanks for your reply.

I do have WMC installed on the same machine as ServerWMC, and WMC is setup and working OK.  I have been using it as my only TV in the house.  I do have 2 3rd party hacks - 'Media Center Themer' and 'My Channel Logos'.  I am also using IceTV to populate my TV Guide and recordings.

There are 2 WMC services, WMC Receiver Service and WMC Scheduler Service.  Only the former is running.

Would you suggest i uninstall Media Center Themer and My Channel Logos?

My Channel Logos works OK for other users (including myself) although note that I am only using it for the icons, not any of the EPG grid or other modifications (if you have them set, disable those... only use it for icons).  I dont know what the other hack is but we have seen some people have problems due to hacks which modified WMC so it's certainly worth a try removing it and seeing if you have any better luck.  The services sound OK, the scheduler service is in a stopped state on my machine as well, without any apparent issue.  Not sure about IceTV or how it works.  If it's possible to remove it temporarily i suppose its also worth a shot.

Did you try running ServerWMC as administrator? We havent come across anyone needing to do that as yet but there's always a first...

Also, previously you had only posted a log segment.  Restart ServerWMC and reproduce the problem then upload the full log to pastebin and post the link here.  Being able to see the full log including startup etc, perhaps something else stands out

Edited by scarecrow420

krustyreturns

grousie26,

This is a weird error, I have seen something similar (but not this same error unfortunately) and it was because the registry for wmc had been modified.  MyChannelLogos does not cause this problem, in fact swmc imports these logos.  But I am thinking that your Media Center Themer or IceTV might be the problem, I have no experience with either.  It might be more trouble then you want to take on, but my only idea at this point is to put wmc back to its original state and get swmc working.  Then add the above one at a time.

I've got mediacenter themer on and it gives me no issues if that helps...

Sent by my HTC8X using Tapatalk

Spaceboy

Also using mce reset toolbox here, which is the successor to themer I believe

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Also using mce reset toolbox here, which is the successor to themer I believe Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Themer is a completely different program. Unlike MCE Toolbox, it doesn't mess with the WMC file and risk corruption. It just changes things on the fly at launch.

krustyreturns

jcain,

There shouldn't be a problem with having that folder (c:\users\public\recorded tv) as a watched folder, so deleting it shouldn't be necessary - there must be a bug.  Are you running mb3 on a different machine to swmc?  

krustyreturns

Ok.  Just to test my understanding then, if you add the folder 'c:\users\public\recorded tv' as a watched folder to wmc, then when you run swmc & mb3, you can't see the recordings list in mb3, is that right?  What is the error it displays?

Re-adding the public\recorded tv folder to WMC reverts to the original error message with no access to recordings via mbs web service.

52e32f490f0d4_recordingserror.jpg

Edited by jcain

krustyreturns

Can your drag them out and see if you get the error.  If you don't, find out which is causing the error.