Emby Theater

Luke

jasonmcroy

Yes. It is like a micro stutter, mainly during action shots or when the camera pans around. That being said, I am currently watching a show on Amazon Prime and am seeing the same thing so maybe it's not a problem with the App. I can do some more testing tomorrow with different settings.

Sent from my SM-G386T1 using Tapatalk

onemoredave

I've separated the skip settings, so now you can do separate values for forward and back. If you already customized you'll need to reconfigure.

Awesome, I hadn't found this feature...it was one of the main reasons I haven't been able to get my partner away from using media center :-) 

Text-based subtitles are now fixed in Microsoft Edge, both on the PC and Xbox One. Please try it out, thanks.

Yes, just use the Edge browser on Xbox One, you can even add it to your homescreen which basically turns it into an app. And you can control it with the basic directionals on your gamepad.

danswan

I'm confused - why is the edge/browser stuff in the Emby Theater section? Is there a relationship?

shaefurr

So I read through that blog post again, noticed this typo.

Wait, if This is HTML...

Does that mean the built-in web app could be made to animate as smoothly as Emby Theater?

Yes! It can, and it will. But the built-in web app has to support older browsers such as Internet Explorer, so it will take a little longer to get there.

So Which Version Should I Use?

It really depends. For most users, we suggest that if you need HD Audio Bistreaming, External Players, or MadVR, you'll want to use the native windows app. For everyone else, the web app with Chrome running in full-screen is a great option.

Yes! It can, and it will. But the built-in web app has to support older browsers such as Internet Explorer, so it will take a little longer to get there.

LiquidFX

A few thing that stop me from using Emby Theater as my daily driver:

• It doesn't seem to stay on top of other apps, often times another background app will pop up and take focus
  • Unlike WMC it doesn't timeout and revert to the login screen for users, good feature for kids
  • like mentioned above I do notice a micro stutter on some of the animations every few movements

Cant wait on the future though, been a fan since MB2.

Version 2.0.4 is up and bumps the embedded Chromium from version 47 to 49. It improves animation performance a little bit more, not that the app was struggling in that regard.

techywarrior

Is there anything that can be done in regards to giving user feedback while the app is updating? On my tablet, which has limited WiFi speed can take a couple of minutes to update. During this time the screen just stays transparent (you can see the desktop or other windows that were open). Without knowing that it is updating you may assume that something has gone wrong.

It would be really nice if there was some sort of indicaton that it was updating. At minimum even a spinning icon would be good but ideally I think a progress indicator with the percent of the total that has been downloaded would be great.

• Like 1

Spaceboy

Is there anything that can be done in regards to giving user feedback while the app is updating? On my tablet, which has limited WiFi speed can take a couple of minutes to update. During this time the screen just stays transparent (you can see the desktop or other windows that were open). Without knowing that it is updating you may assume that something has gone wrong.

It would be really nice if there was some sort of indicaton that it was updating. At minimum even a spinning icon would be good but ideally I think a progress indicator with the percent of the total that has been downloaded would be great.

Yeah that would be useful. I've been closing it assuming it's crashed, when it's probably been trying to update

nicko84

Hi 

When i try to install Emby Theater 2.0.4 on Windows 7 i've this message (in french sorry !) :

"electron.exe Point d'entrée introuvable

Le point d'entrée de procédure PowerPlatformRolEx est introuvable dans la bibliothèque des liens dynamiques 
POWRPROF.dll"

And no way to install Emby Theater when i answer OK

I've no problem on Windows 10 to install it.

Thanks

Hi 

When i try to install Emby Theater 2.0.4 on Windows 7 i've this message (in french sorry !) :

"electron.exe Point d'entrée introuvable

Le point d'entrée de procédure PowerPlatformRolEx est introuvable dans la bibliothèque des liens dynamiques 

POWRPROF.dll"

And no way to install Emby Theater when i answer OK

I've no problem on Windows 10 to install it.

Thanks

http://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/32556-powrprofdll-error/?p=311324

vick1982

is there no sorting onthe new emby theater for windows?... it would be good to be able to see all tv shows and movies in order of latest to oldest .. not just the preset amount on the homepage

Koleckai Silvestri

is there no sorting onthe new emby theater for windows?... it would be good to be able to see all tv shows and movies in order of latest to oldest .. not just the preset amount on the homepage

There is no filtering or sorting currently. At least none that I can find.

Fratopolis

Not sure if this has been mentioned but when Emby theater is open from a remote location it sucks down all my upload bandwidth while just sitting at the menus. Is this due to it rotating the previews that flip through? Meaning if someone leaves this open it causes buffering for others watching. Is there a way to make Emby theatre act more like the Android TV version. More static from menu to menu.

Also would it not make more sense to standardize the layouts more. The layout for Emby for android TV is awesome and just wondering if there will or is a client just like that for windows. 

Just wondering on the layouts is all. Mostly I only care about the product for myself. And for myself the product is awesome.

Edited by Fratopolis

Not sure if this has been mentioned but when Emby theater is open from a remote location it sucks down all my upload bandwidth while just sitting at the menus. Is this due to it rotating the previews that flip through? Meaning if someone leaves this open it causes buffering for others watching. Is there a way to make Emby theatre act more like the Android TV version. More static from menu to menu.

Also would it not make more sense to standardize the layouts more. The layout for Emby for android TV is awesome and just wondering if there will or is a client just like that for windows. 

Just wondering on the layouts is all. Mostly I only care about the product for myself. And for myself the product is awesome.

Each app generally tries to do what is accepted and established on its' respective platform. Android TV is dominated by the vertical card layouts. On windows, the xbox-inspired layout has been very popular for us, but users are beginning to come around to more vertical designs as the new detail screen has been well received. Perhaps someone will do a skin for android tv. Flexage actually already whipped up an android tv sound effects plugin, although I haven't created a plugin catalog yet.

Fratopolis

Each app generally tries to do what is accepted and established on its' respective platform. Android TV is dominated by the vertical card layouts. On windows, the xbox-inspired layout has been very popular for us, but users are beginning to come around to more vertical designs as the new detail screen has been well received. Perhaps someone will do a skin for android tv. Flexage actually already whipped up an android tv sound effects plugin, although I haven't created a plugin catalog yet.

Gotcha! 

vick1982

There is no filtering or sorting currently. At least none that I can find.

yeah... i dont understand why this isn't normal feature hat should be there..

because the app knows it's target audience which is largely people that just want to sit down and press play. it will have sorting and filtering and all of that, but that's why it didn't make the first cut.