Emby Theater

Luke

vick1982

because the app knows it's target audience which is largely people that just want to sit down and press play. it will have sorting and filtering and all of that, but that's why it didn't make the first cut.

i understand that people just want to sit down and press play... but i dont agree that the target audience doesn't want sorting and a limit on the app to tell them whats the most they can see of the latest category... it might be close to enough for tv episodes but when all the people that i know are browsing especially movies  they need to see more than what the latest tab is limited to..  sorting that has been the normal on kodi since a long time should be an example of how to do it right.. and as mentioned in another post i believe the way sorting for last added is should be changed to show tv shows in the order of when the tv episodes come in and not when the whole show was actually added. Sorting should be a standard feature surely.

I dont mean to be rude either.. and i am a premier supporter and encourage everyone i know to use emby over plex... but i just dont understand how anyone can come to a conclusion that most people dont want sorting from the beginning.

Either way im happy to hear it will have sorting soon.. as the current paid app for windows just doesn't work properly with https and i would like to use and recommend this one when sorting is there ..

Deathsquirrel

Its almost as if it's not the finished product!

But it's a Beta.  That's the second letter.  That makes this at least a 2.0 so it should obviously be feature-complete.

chef

Is it just me or does the theatre do a really quick fade-out of music when I am switching to new tracks wilst in the middle of a song?

If it is doing that on purpose then that is some excellent attention to detail, and completely impressive.

Is it just me or does the theatre do a really quick fade-out of music when I am switching to new tracks wilst in the middle of a song?

If it is doing that on purpose then that is some excellent attention to detail, and completely impressive.

The web version has a nice fadeout when you click stop, something I've been meaning to add to the built-in web client as well.

It does not do this when starting a new track while one is currently playing, so if you're seeing this on xbox one it's probably a built-in enhancement either on the xbox or the edge browser.

• Like 2

vick1982

Its almost as if it's not the finished product!

was this supposed to be sarcasm ?  either way sorting options isn't something that needs to be in progress.. it should be a pretty standard feature by now for any app.

Edited by vick1982

shaefurr

was this supposed to be sarcasm ?  either way sorting options isn't something that needs to be in progress.. it should be a pretty standard feature by now for any app.

Are you serious? A standard feature for the finished client sure, but ET released as an alpha to the public without Live TV even finished. Sorting is not a necessity to watch anything.

• Like 1

It is certainly a necessity to some and I understand that. What we've started with are what we think are the most important things to the largest number of people.

i'd like to see the log out upon exit implemented soon.. even my 5 yr old daughter keeps saying "daddy why is it always on your login?"....

vick1982

Are you serious? A standard feature for the finished client sure, but ET released as an alpha to the public without Live TV even finished. Sorting is not a necessity to watch anything.

sorting has always been a standard feature regardless of finished or not ... to compare that to live tv is just plain dumb.

Edited by vick1982

shaefurr

sorting has always been a standard feature regardless of finished or not ... to compare that to live tv is just plain dumb.

Mk, well not gonna argue about it.

Sent from my LG G3 using Tapatalk

vick1982

Mk, well not gonna argue about it.

Sent from my LG G3 using Tapatalk

nothing to argue. sorting is standard feature and shouldn't be compared to something more complicated to implement like live tv .

shaefurr

nothing to argue. sorting is standard feature and shouldn't be compared to something more complicated to implement like live tv .

So ET should be feature rich even though its not finished? that doesn't even make sense. My point was, you could say live TV is a standard feature and that wasn't in the initial release either.

• Like 1

yardameus

Core features (playback etc... are more important than views etc...)  Yes, sorting and various views should be available for the final release, but not before basic playback and navigation are set.

vick1982

So ET should be feature rich even though its not finished? that doesn't even make sense. My point was, you could say live TV is a standard feature and that wasn't in the initial release either.

sorting is not a feature rich function.   live tv isnt always a standard function the way sorting has been for some time on most if not all media players. kodi,plex,emby (before this version) mymovies etc. sorry but it is still a stupid argument.

Edited by vick1982

vick1982

Core features (playback etc... are more important than views etc...)  Yes, sorting and various views should be available for the final release, but not before basic playback and navigation are set.

obviously being able to play videos is more important thank you for that... but sorting has always been something standard on most if not all media software as mentioned above.   Just because being able to play a video is more important but it doesn't mean sorting cant be there from the beginning either.  Many things made it to the release not just playback.. i believe sorting should be one of these. I have given my examples and reasons why.

Edited by vick1982

shaefurr

sorting is not a feature rich function.   live tv isnt always a standard function the way sorting has been for some time on most if not all media players. kodi,plex,emby (before this version) mymovies etc. sorry but it is still a stupid argument.

So you used kodi/plex etc. apps in alpha stages and they had sorting then? Because that is the only equivalent that would matter. And yes the previous version of this app (MBT) has sorting, but guess what, when I used it during development it didn't have sorting/search etc. at one point either.

I think we all get that you would like sorting added. Can we just leave it at that?

• Like 2

Latchmor

Ok, see 1st post http://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/29774-new-version-testing/page-1

A page and a half here could mostly have been avoided if people searched. Below is taken from that post. It's coming, we just don't know when.

Short term roadmap (not ordered):

• Live TV Recording management
  • In-video chapter menu
  • Photo screensaver
  • Run at startup option
  • Multi-part video support
  • External players
  • Filtering, sorting, view changing

I'm not having a go at anyone, it's just we've enough threads where stuff gets repeated over and over and it goes nowhere.  ;)

• Like 3

vick1982

So you used kodi/plex etc. apps in alpha stages and they had sorting then? Because that is the only equivalent that would matter. And yes the previous version of this app (MBT) has sorting, but guess what, when I used it during development it didn't have sorting/search etc. at one point either.

I think we all get that you would like sorting added. Can we just leave it at that?

Sorry but at this stage sorting is standard thing. Im not going to keep explaining why. If you want to leave it at that stop replying

Vidman

Why can't you leave it at that?

As latchmor said the first post explicitly states that it is planned but not yet implemented

Edited by Vidman

vick1982

Why can't you leave it at that?

As latchmor said the first post explicitly states that it is planned but not yet implemented

Whether it is planned or not wasnt what this is all about. I have already stopped replying to Luke's last message.

Why do you need to put your 2 cents in. You people keep replying. Stop talking and there will be no more replies

vick1982

Does anyone know if the touch support is still being refined ... seems pretty jerky on my surface compared to other apps with touch support. Even the web access by the browser seems more fluid and smooth. Or is it possibly probelm with my pc if no one else is noticing this?

the side scrolling on touch devices should be nice and smooth. while vertical on the detail screens needs some work. Also please note, this is a pretty high powered app using lots of modern features. I think there is more work that will need to be done to tone it down for certain devices, similar to what we're doing in order to port the app to smart tv's. The windows app is currently not making any effort to tone down animations for certain devices, while the browser version does, which could possibly explain the difference.