Emby Theater

Luke

The dev group has access to the new version. We're not quite ready to make it publicly available and take on all the things that come along with that. But soon :)

Bated breath...

• Like 1

Good to know. Maybe a blog post to show more of the changes would fill the gap until release.

• Like 3

TolkienBard

MBT is what I am anxiously awaiting. I would love to put my entire media streaming system completely within the MB ecosystem, even leaving Kodi out of the mix. I love some of the features that using MBT brings, and I look forward to getting it on multiple televisions.

MBT is what I am anxiously awaiting. I would love to put my entire media streaming system completely within the MB ecosystem, even leaving Kodi out of the mix. I love some of the features that using MBT brings, and I look forward to getting it on multiple televisions.

What is stopping you from using it now?

I'm personally waiting for an actual TV guide. LiveTV is the still the primary use for my HTPC and so far WMC is still the king there :(

I'm personally waiting for an actual TV guide. LiveTV is the still the primary use for my HTPC and so far WMC is still the king there :(

Gotcha. I haven't watched live tv in a few years now. :) Save the odd PPV event.

Koleckai Silvestri

Aside from the 3 pixel by 3 pixel grid it overlays on all content that isn't 1080p? Or the audio volume reduction? These only happens in Theater as well.

Edited by Koleckai Silvestri

• 2 weeks later...

I'd just like to say I've been using MBT as my primary clinet for some time now and at his been pretty stable.  I've rarely had any issues.  Most of my problems have actually been as a result of human error or playing with things until I break it.  So I'd just like to say thanks and it will be great to see what you've done with the rewrite.

• Like 3

Glad to hear about the overhaul. 

I recently have been having the "there was an error playing the content" errors which has rendered it unusable for me. In the past I could resolve it by restarting the server. But that does not work anymore. I now have to use MBC whose interface I hate and MPC-HC as the media player.

yardameus

I have to put my piece in here as well.  Really looking forward to the rebuild, but the original MBT has been more than usable.  Other than the occasional subtitle issue, (which I don't mind) it has played everything for me and given me less issues since I rebuilt my server than any other app (MBC, Kodi).  I love it and I can't wait for the rebuild.

• Like 1

Maleficarum

Glad to hear about the overhaul. 

I recently have been having the "there was an error playing the content" errors which has rendered it unusable for me. In the past I could resolve it by restarting the server. But that does not work anymore. I now have to use MBC whose interface I hate and MPC-HC as the media player.

I had this error the other day, try reinstalling MBT, that fixed it for me.

e123enitan

Certainly not. We're working hard on an overhaul of it.

Nice, I hope it turns out to outshone anything out there :)

lorac

Is there a way to prevent MBT from becoming windowed?  Most times after the TV / receiver is turned off I have to use the KB to 'restore' and then 'maximize'.

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...
Lawrage

Hey lorac

I believe that is to do with the PC changing resolution when the TV is powered off - have not found a proper fix for it yet however if you are using a keyboard you can press / or \ (cant remember which) which toggles full screen and windowed mode.

While not a fix makes things a bit more bearable.

• 2 weeks later...
pmac

Any chance we could get a little update on the progress of the rewrite? :)

Another teaser would be nice! I haven't heard anything in a while

• Like 2

mangis

Hey lorac

I believe that is to do with the PC changing resolution when the TV is powered off - have not found a proper fix for it yet however if you are using a keyboard you can press / or \ (cant remember which) which toggles full screen and windowed mode.

While not a fix makes things a bit more bearable.

Yep, that's what I found with my setup.

In most cases I think you can fix the problem by using remote desktop to go in while the TV is off and change the resolution to 1920x1080 (or whatever resolution your TV is using)

pmac

I remember looking into something like this a while back for a similar problem I was having (Mine was too so with losing audio when my TV was shut off), but I think the audio problem and resolution problem are both related issues.

This was on an old pc of mine, and I can't remember exactly what I did to fix it, other than that I used some sort of small program to fix it, but this looks like it could be something interesting to try:

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?p=17448181#post17448181

Edited by pmac

Aeolius

@@Luke I'd like to report an issue I'm having with a remote implementation of Emby Theater, could be user error, where can I find Emby Theater logs as it isn't even communicating with the server yet to see logs server side? I'm trying to use https and it is working from Android Mobile and from Web Client but as of yet I'm not getting Theater to connect it tries then it times out and asks me to select a New Server and manually input settings which doesn't connect either. Maybe you can guide me to do this the correct way or point me to the logs in case it is an error?

trusselo

So.... is it that themes arent supported by emby theater, or just none have been created?

Deathsquirrel

So.... is it that themes arent supported by emby theater, or just none have been created?

Don't recall if it even has theme support yet.  The rewritten version will but still no  release date on that.  In either case, there are no themes for current emby theater.

pclausen

Is Emby Theater still my best playback option on a Windows 8.1/10 pre-release computer?

I'm currently running Windows 10 on a Haswell based computer with a GTX 970 card connected to a 4k display running MadVR.

While this works great for actually watching movies and TV shows, the inteface GUI is getting a bit long in the tooth.  I just got the email about the FireTV version, and the GUI looks much nicher.

It is kind of ironic having hardware that can run circles around all those other devices, yet be stuck with a rather old Alpha release front end.

I have Roku3's on my other TVs which work well given the hardware/firmware limitations of those devices.  I also run the iPad and Android versions on my tablets, which are very slick.  But on my crown jewel 84" 4K TV I have to run Emby Theater.

Any insight on when the rewritten version will be released will come out would be much appreciated!

• Like 3