Emby Theater

Luke

Ghostm

I have an ati 5770 in my desktop its working fairly well on as well. But my htpc im adding a R9 270 shortly. Currently I have an  A10 integrated gpu and it cannot handle it in my htpc. Another thing people might want to try is disabling hardware acceleration, i actually get smooth playback on my 5770 with it disabled for some reason.

I think some people need to keep in mind its easy to use madvr with mpc-hc because of full screen exclusive and the lightweight gui, but mbt has a very nice gui/osd and i love the fact you can bring up actors/scene selection/movie synopsis, i dont think that would be possible in fullscreen exclusive, some wont care about that but i do, but as of right now to do all that stuff you need a decent gpu with madvr being used inside the mbt gui.

Edited by Ghostm

Just put a dev build that adds a new config setting under Video. You can control max streaming bitrate if you're away from home or if the content has to be streamed for whatever reason.

Ghostm

This will be useful for some users for sure i seen a few requests on here for it. 

Out of curiosity could we also have an option to turn it off completely, my mbt does duties playing full bluray copies and i want to avoid transcoding, 40mbps is pretty high but i know some blu rays can have short bursts where they go beyond 40mbps. I seen at least two high bitrate bluray force trancoding even at 40mbps trying this out which i want to avoid especially on a slower pc (one was the watchmen director cut from the UK), i want to direct play everything to mbt. I know bluray standard has a maximum bitrate of 40mpbs but i think their is some caveats where it can exceed 40mbps for a short time frame.

Otherwise i tried setting the bitrate to 8 and it definitely works fine.

Edited by Ghostm
  • Like 1

yeah whats up with that ...40mbs

network streaming over my "1000mbs" network is still choppy

Edited by bulls

shaefurr

What happened to the movie resume section? now we just have 3 random movie titles in its place, isnt that what the spotlight is for...?

blublub

Hi

I currently use Mediaportal as my main software and I switch randomly to MBT to play a little.

I have noticed that video quality with MBT set to LAV is a lot different than with Mediaportal which also uses LAV.

It looks actually pretty ugly in MBT.

when I switch do MadVR it does look good - maybe a little better than MePo but thats hard to tell without side by side comparison.

Does any one have an idea what could be the problem?

psykix

Hi

I currently use Mediaportal as my main software and I switch randomly to MBT to play a little.

I have noticed that video quality with MBT set to LAV is a lot different than with Mediaportal which also uses LAV.

It looks actually pretty ugly in MBT.

when I switch do MadVR it does look good - maybe a little better than MePo but thats hard to tell without side by side comparison.

Does any one have an idea what could be the problem?

I never had much success with the internal MBT player to be honest - panning scenes were juddering slightly and I seemed to have lip sync issues. It could have been configuration issues at my end. Using MadVR however is worlds apart. Picture is superb.

If MadVR works well for you then stick with that maybe? My whole reason for using MBT (and its USP as far as I am concerned) is the fact that it CAN use MadVR.

psykix

Once you are using MadVR, CTRL+J toggles the stats. Then do a CTRL-R to reset them as you will get some initial dropped frames. Then you can monitor the queues and dropped frames to make sure your performance is ok :-)

• Like 1

Koleckai Silvestri

You have to go into the XML configuration for MBT and turn off the custom video renderer to get any kind of decent playback without using an external player. I am guessing it was designed to help and provide better playback but it destroys the quality of anything less than 1080p. Just search the XML for custom and change true to false on that line. Restart the client and you should get better quality.

shaefurr

I keep meaning to try MadVR. Is there much to setting it up?

You should definitely give it a try, the difference is amazing on SD content. Using a guide it only takes a few minutes to setup.

• Like 1

madvr seems like a throwback nowadays to the era of the big honkin, complicated htpc. sure it might look a little better, but give me an android tv that just works and i'm much happier.

• Like 2

You have to go into the XML configuration for MBT and turn off the custom video renderer to get any kind of decent playback without using an external player. I am guessing it was designed to help and provide better playback but it destroys the quality of anything less than 1080p. Just search the XML for custom and change true to false on that line. Restart the client and you should get better quality.

ist that related to Madvr only or in general ??

Koleckai Silvestri

ist that related to Madvr only or in general ??

General. I don't use an external player. Mostly because it is too much work to setup and maintain.

swhitmore

Thanks guys. Gave it a go last night. I haven't played with the settings too much yet, but I can see a slight difference. Most of my content is 1080p though, so its not that noticeable on that stuff. It was easy to setup.

(sorry for derailing the thread, back to MBT now)

I noticed last night that I can no longer press 'play' on items from the menu screen. I'll post some logs tonight, but if anyone else getting this issue?

im putting the computer to sleep now, but the issue is -when it wakes up- the MBT crashes , it says something like no connection to server, click ok, then crash, so it diesnt seem to have a tolerance/retry for network interruptions (im on win 7)

Koleckai Silvestri

im putting the computer to sleep now, but the issue is -when it wakes up- the MBT crashes , it says something like no connection to server, click ok, then crash, so it diesnt seem to have a tolerance/retry for network interruptions (im on win 7)

This has been an issue for a long time. Hoping the refactoring handles it and it is available soon.

• Like 1

Ghostm

Are you on the latest dev? I used to have this issue, but have not had it for awhile. I have my pc set to sleep after 25 minutes. 

Danee

If I remember correctly this had to do with the MBT screensaver, if the system went to sleep after the screensaver had started it would have a problem when woken up.

• Like 1

Ghostm

If I remember correctly this had to do with the MBT screensaver, if the system went to sleep after the screensaver had started it would have a problem when woken up.

Ah yes, forgot why i no longer have this issue, i turned off the screen saver.