Emby Theater

Luke

How do I remove the folders view?  It's just I don't have a use for this.  BTW:- MB Theatre has become wife friendly, so that is a plus in my book now :)

How do I remove the folders view?  It's just I don't have a use for this.  BTW:- MB Theatre has become wife friendly, so that is a plus in my book now :)

web client -> user preferences

After the dev server update today mbt is not remembering me anymore, the startup screen always appears and makes me login.

Put it back to beta and it seems to remember me fine on the mbt startup page. 

AdrianW

With server 3.0.5360.41076, MBT will no longer let me connect - I just keep getting: 

Login Failure

The remote server returned an error: (401)

Unauthorized.

Yea was getting that to, i had to switch back to beta server, restart mbt to get the update button, download the update, then switch to the new server. 

I am getting the login screen though all the time though now. 

Edited by Ghostm

Redshirt

You can also just download the MBT installer again and leave the server as is. The installer will pull the latest version from the site.

• Like 2

Hmmm did you get a mbt update? I see some additions to github but i have not received the update.

Its still promoting me to log in not remembering me,  even stranger another pc on the same network is prompting me to enter a password now for mbt.

Edited by Ghostm

AdrianW

Hmmm did you get a mbt update? I see some additions to github but i have not received the update.

Its still promoting me to log in not remembering me,  even stranger another pc on the same network is prompting me to enter a password now for mbt.

Some change to the server caused the login issues I think.

I ended up downloading the MBT setup.exe again from the main MB download page.

IS the main page the latest dev versions? I am currently on 3.0.5361.21758

I downloaded mine from the 1st page of this thread, its so strange now my htpc a few meters away just doesnt remember me anymore, i have to click on my icon to get the main page, my desktop also a few feet away from me also wont remember me and wants me login now, but is also asking for a password.

The desktop one looks like its about to auto login like it used to do but then stops with "an error processing that request" and wants me to log in + enter a password each time, not sure why. I assume in both cases though its just an instance of "remember me" not working.

Edited by Ghostm

elshagon

With server 3.0.5360.41076, MBT will no longer let me connect - I just keep getting: 

Login Failure

The remote server returned an error: (401)

Unauthorized.

I'm getting the same error and can't log in

shaefurr

I'm getting the same error and can't log in

If you get that error just download the MBT setup and run it to get the latest update, no need to uninstall first

To be sure it is fixed, make sure you close MBT and then reopen after the reinstall. You may need to uninstall first if you still get the error.

@@Luke

I recently had a play with xbmb3c will mbt support epg ?

I posted a video here of how it works on there and it's pretty good...

Although I've since abandoned it for other reasons "cough" "wife" "cough"....

the video is here

https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resid=2D08765572644A05!9189&authkey=!ACQ0troEv4RPWvg&ithint=video%2Cmp4

swhitmore

Well done @@Aphid It's great to see some MBT development. I know many of us here are dying to get our hands on it. If you don't mind, I just wanted to make a few comments and suggestions.

1. The new continuous scroll looks like a great idea. My only concern would be how it performs on lower powered devices. Currently my Celeron powered NUC is just able to handle MBT. Have you tested the new animations of a low powered device? It also seems like it isn't very fluid in the video, but I'm guessing that's just the way it was recorded.
  2. I might be the only one, but I'm definetly not a fan of the new details page. I actually thought the existing one was quite well layed out. If you're looking for places to add some new features such as playlists and similar items, I can do a mockup for you this weekend after I fly home.
  3. Multiple menus aren't necessarily a bad thing. It helps you orientate where you're currently browsing, and gives you much more screen real estate to play with.
  4. I know you wanted to try and compact the UI so to you don't have to navigate as much to get where you're going, but I think this might be a bit of a mistake. Again, I might be the only one, but I actually enjoy browsing through my collection. The whole idea of a 10 foot user interface is to show off as much eye candy as possible, while still being functional.
  5. For skipping sections, are you able to use the skip buttons on the remote to do this? I think it would be a great idea, as most people will be using a remote to navigate.
  6. I noticed people are asking for touch support. While this would be a good feature, we do have clients already designed for touch devices, so I wouldn't prioritise this at all.
  7. The 'Play All' and 'Browse' buttons on the new details page and very out of place. I've seen a lot of great designs recently that use text rather than icons. This might be a great example where text can just be used (if placed appropriately).

Please don't take anything I've said in a negative way. I think you're doing a great job taking on this big task. I'm happy to help with any designs or mockups you need, so please feel free to hit me up. It's one thing I'm really passionate about, and I think it will make or break the project.

Edited by swhitmore
  • Like 1

Let's just let the MBT group do their thing. We love feedback, it shows you like the software, but this particular app is the hardest of any of ours to build. Just look at how long it's taken. An Htpc front-end is a monumental effort. So just keep that in mind, if your list of demands is too long, you may find you never get anything at all :) So right now, let's talk about the big things, the things that actually matter. Nobody's ever going to agree on all of the little things, but that doesn't mean you won't enjoy the app.

• Like 1

saitoh183

Just saw the new preview and i cant wait to give this a go! I just have one question, Did you guys finally incorporate favorites for TV Show section? It was the only thing holding me back from using the current MBT.

• Like 1

shaefurr

I'd love to see DVD seek capability. the only thing I cant stand in MBT at the moment is that. I dont have a ton of DVDs anymore, but I hate trying to watch them in MBT when you cant skip, resume or choose chapters. And it ruins the experience for me needing to use an external player just for certain movies.

New layout looks nice though.

Edited by shaefurr

AdrianW

So right now, let's talk about the big things, the things that actually matter. 

One really important feature is automatically selecting the first season with an unplayed episode, and then the first unplayed episode within a season - when browsing show > season > episode listing.

• Like 3