Emby Theater

Luke

pclausen

Hi guys, is the E.T. allready working with the Media Center Remoto Control?

I use MB from version 2 as a a Windows Media Center Plugin and really want to help with testing and more.

Regards!

It does, but I still have to grab my keyboard to press '*' anytime I need to switch subs or do anything else from that submenu.

TrainAss

It does, but I still have to grab my keyboard to press '*' anytime I need to switch subs or do anything else from that submenu.

Do you use a Harmony remote?

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

• 2 months later...
colleycol

I would love to be part of the testing as well.  Was on the fence about installing Kodi so I decided to wait for Emby Theater since Server has been so awesome.  Great work to the whole team....

Windows 10 Home, hdmi, JVC Projector,

Edited by colleycol

• 3 weeks later...
TrainAss

Morning,

Does anybody know how to play .flv files through emby theater on Windows 7 and 10. Get a error when trying to play.

Would you like to provide some more details, such as the error message? Does it play fine in the Emby web client?

• Like 1

abuthemagician

I have a weird issue. When playing videos in emby theater they studder and do weird things. When I play them through windows media player or even kodi, I don't have that issue. Has anyone else seen this? Happens on 720p+ media.

• Like 1

I have a weird issue. When playing videos in emby theater they studder and do weird things. When I play them through windows media player or even kodi, I don't have that issue. Has anyone else seen this? Happens on 720p+ media.

got a similar issue with the studder in ET. We just have to wait for the new version coming out... any day now? Can't wait for it...

Mopar_Mudder

Same studder here. I found that if you go to the chapters menu and pick one other then the first you can get it to play. Also I think the problem goes away if you get rid of bitstream.

soundsnake8

got a similar issue with the studder in ET. We just have to wait for the new version coming out... any day now? Can't wait for it...

Any day now ? Really >

• 1 month later...
Mark Anderson

I want to be able to control Emby theater from my home automation system. I'm planning to use event ghost. is there a list of keyboard commands anywhere?

swhitmore

I want to be able to control Emby theater from my home automation system. I'm planning to use event ghost. is there a list of keyboard commands anywhere?

Best to wait until the new version is out. This should be fairly easy to do.

Aaarrgghhh... this feels like seeing the Force Awakenings trailer and wait until it is finally released! ;-)

(Looking forward to it!  :) )

ryzilla

Stab in the dark here before i upload logs etc but does anyone else get memory errors if ET is up say over night. I watch a movie etc at night works fine go to bed come back in the morning and ET has crashed due to memory issues.

Does anyone else see this? Im on windows 10 which could be the issue.

swhitmore

I have it running on Windows 7 and haven't seen a memory issue before. I don't think it's a known bug. To be honest, I'm not sure if it will get much of a look at now that the new version development is full steam ahead.

I know it's a hard wait, and you guys have heard it all before, but I can honestly say this new version will be great. It will be familiar and easy to use, but also feature packed. 

Edited by swhitmore
  • Like 3

Mark Anderson

I have it running on Windows 7 and haven't seen a memory issue before. I don't think it's a known bug. To be honest, I'm not sure if it will get much of a look at now that the new version development is full steam ahead.

I know it's a hard wait, and you guys have heard it all before, but I can honestly say this new version will be great. It will be familiar and easy to use, but also feature packed. 

Is there an ETA on new version? (Dying to get off Kodi)

• Like 1

swhitmore

Is there an ETA on new version? (Dying to get off Kodi)

Not yet, but if you haven't already, check out this blog post for details. I've been playing with an Alpha version, and it's going to be great.

ryzilla

Not yet, but if you haven't already, check out this blog post for details. I've been playing with an Alpha version, and it's going to be great.

i take it plebs like me can't try it?

Edited by ryzilla

swhitmore

i take it plebs like me can't try it?

I think there are plans for a beta soon, but no ETA sorry.

@@swhitmore in the emby theatre alpha can you keep aspect ratio on dvd and blu ray artwork? if not can you pass that on and ask if it can be added please??? absolutely does my nut in on the old emby theatre!!!!! ta muchly

• 2 weeks later...
jpimlott

I can not connect from the outside of my router with the Emby Theater on windows 7. I can connect and play through IE11 from the outside.  They both work from the inside the router. The new ios app works the same way inside fine but outside fails.

I have port forward setup.

The error is "unable to establish connection with the server   Please check your connection and try again."

john