Emby Theater

Luke

Aphid

Sorry, I have been very inactive for a while. I have started getting back into things recently (work hasn't been pushed into the main repo yet), and I'm hoping to get the new home screen complete fairly soon. There is quite a lot that needs to be done to bring the new branch up to date with changes that have gone on with the server first, and I am also planning on working through a few major bugs and getting that out in the current release before anything else.

• Like 11

jordy

I think MBT is only updating at the moment to keep up with the server updates. No new stuff pending the rewrite.

swhitmore

Looking forward to it Aphid. Let us know if there is anything we can do to help. I know a lot of people are keen to see MBT get out of alpha (no pressure ;) )

I'm looking forward to getting back into MBT development when Aphid's changes are made public.

It would be nice to get a ETA.

Edited by Shaun
  • Like 5

There's a dev build up that adds support for the configurable views from the server. Well I should say, the configurable views that are supported. The ones that are not yet implemented are filtered out and need to be accessed via Folders.

Obviously some of the views are very rudimentary and will need a real design, but in the meantime, it is at least consistent with the server now.

Speaking of Folders - that option is no longer built directly into MBT but now it's a server option. Go to user preferences -> Show folders view. This is also only available on the server dev build, so if you don't normally run dev, then just wait for it to come to you.

you are going to need to be on the latest LAV to be able to play live tv or channel content, so update if you haven't done so in a while.

• Like 3

jordy

Hey Luke, Just noticed that the TV link on the MBT home page no longer works. The only way I can get into my TV Series listing is via the tile at bottom left or via the Folders view.  BTW all the other links work fine.

53eca3ded6f38_TVLink.png

Thanks Luke...really great step forward...I assume a GRID style EPG is on the cards?

RockStar over at the Plex forums has pulled out on supporting the Plex Live TV version of PHT...might be a good time to drop the hints that Media Browser is an all rounder....I've dropped a few hints for people.

On another note, is it possible for Media Browser Server to pick up my watched status from my Plex Server? I tend to swap back and forth at the moment so this would be a nice feature...also when I jump ship it would be an awful lot of work to manually changed status's....

Hell Knight

Great to see the 'Next up' TV in front of the "Latest episodes' - thanks very much for implementing that.

I'm having an issue at the moment. If I leave the MBT startup screen on without moving my mouse or using my remote for a short period of time, it locks the screen up - I can move the mouse but can't even Ctrl-Alt-Del to get to task manager and shut it down. I'm running a high power gaming rig with Windows 8.1 if that helps.

I was running dev builds of both MBT & server, but changed them both back to release build updates after that bug that was constantly saying there was an update and to restart the other week - any ideas?

Ghostm

So im probably going to be told to be patient, but im concerned with one of my mbt clients, it hasnt been updating lately, i accidentally set it to official a few weeks ago, and it was like that for a few days, i set it back to dev but since then i dont get updates.

My other install on the same network got the latest one two days ago. To get the an update 2 weeks ago i caved and did a manual download install from the first page.

Is their a folder or something i should check to make sure the update procedure is not ruined. I was doing testing for babgvant as well and he would often get me to delete lastchecked file to get his latest updates for testing but i dont think that was an issue. I had gotten updates since then, it really started recently when i accidentally left it on official version a few weeks ago.

Hopefully it comes down soon. My other client just got a 2nd update already.

Edited by Ghostm

Ghostm

Great to see the 'Next up' TV in front of the "Latest episodes' - thanks very much for implementing that.

I'm having an issue at the moment. If I leave the MBT startup screen on without moving my mouse or using my remote for a short period of time, it locks the screen up - I can move the mouse but can't even Ctrl-Alt-Del to get to task manager and shut it down. I'm running a high power gaming rig with Windows 8.1 if that helps.

I was running dev builds of both MBT & server, but changed them both back to release build updates after that bug that was constantly saying there was an update and to restart the other week - any ideas?

Could be the screen saver? Have you tried turning it off or do you like it and prefer to leave it on?

blade005

There's a dev build up that adds support for the configurable views from the server. Well I should say, the configurable views that are supported. The ones that are not yet implemented are filtered out and need to be accessed via Folders.

Obviously some of the views are very rudimentary and will need a real design, but in the meantime, it is at least consistent with the server now.

Speaking of Folders - that option is no longer built directly into MBT but now it's a server option. Go to user preferences -> Show folders view. This is also only available on the server dev build, so if you don't normally run dev, then just wait for it to come to you.

you are going to need to be on the latest LAV to be able to play live tv or channel content, so update if you haven't done so in a while.

Luke,

Like the ability to see all Folder Views at the TOP of MBT homepage that closely map to the WebUI view.  I have a few Folders/Collections that are mixed (i.e. Movies & TV, Home Videos). These are not being shown in the Folders/Collections at the top of the MBT screen. Is this something that will be added in future updates?

There's a dev build up that adds support for the configurable views from the server. 

Just a quick observation: It would be nice to be able to select the sort order of the views - eg. so that "TV" is displayed before (to the left of) "Movies".

Haven't even thought about it in the web client, but in MBT when using a remote it could save a couple clicks to have the most used view farthest to the left.

Edited by njoak

Vidman

Just a quick observation: It would be nice to be able to select the sort order of the views - eg. so that "TV" is displayed before (to the left of) "Movies".

Haven't even thought about it in the web client, but in MBT when using a remote it could save a couple clicks to have the most used view farthest to the left.

Have you tried editing the sort title in the web client metadata editor? I'm not sure it will work for MBT as I haven't tried it but it definitely works in the XBMB3C add-on. Edited by Vidman

Have you tried editing the sort title in the web client metadata editor? I'm not sure it will work for MBT as I haven't tried it but it definitely works in the XBMB3C add-on.

Thanks for the tip. I tried it now but it doesn't work in MBT, and not in the web client either. I think it only affects the sort order of folders - the configurable "smart view" items are different.

it certainly works. use the slide up menu to select the edit function for one of your views

• Like 1

it certainly works. use the slide up menu to select the edit function for one of your views

Thanks Luke, that's it. Haven't checked in MBT but it certainly works in the web client.

I use the button view, which doesn't have the slide up menus, so I didn't know there was an edit function there. Does it maybe make sense to show those view items in the metadata editor in the future? 

Ghostm

Well my update problem seems to be continuing last checked file shows it checked for a new update this morning, yet nothing alerted me in the gui about an update and nothing was downloaded. It is set to dev, dont know what the problem maybe.

The other mbt install is getting updates fine. 

I downloaded it from the first page again hopefully it starts working one of the nice things about mbt is you get updates right in the gui. 

Hopefully this wont require a complete uninstall and reinstall as i have several emulators setup. 

Edited by Ghostm

• 2 weeks later...

There is a small update up for playlists - firstly they'll default to list view now. second, if you use the play button on your remote within a playlist, it's equivalent to play all from here. music albums have been given the same treatment.