Emby Theater

Luke

I love this idea. It reminds me of the scrolling overlay when moving through the WMC TV guide. That is a really sexy looking animation.

SmallTVTurboScroll.png

That's the one I'm talking about in my previous post, very usefull function!

AdrianW

I love this idea. It reminds me of the scrolling overlay when moving through the WMC TV guide. That is a really sexy looking animation.

SmallTVTurboScroll.png

This animation in MediaCenter looks cool, but it's actually slower to scroll using this method than using the fast forward or chapter skip buttons.

This animation in MediaCenter looks cool, but it's actually slower to scroll using this method than using the fast forward or chapter skip buttons.

Don't know about the speed difference, but it is easy to spot what day(part) you're at because of the show text, like Saturday, morning in the example picture.

I'm on the fence with infinite scroll. I've become used to it not being there. Our scrolling is pretty fast as is. It doesn't take me long to get from point a to point b. The only thought I have in this area is that the scrolling is so fast the titles/covers are just a blur. Perhaps a helpful feature might be where when your holding the left/right direction button down and fast scrolling the letter of the current section is overlaid center screen? 

You mean, like WMC does it for Music Albums? Yes, that would be helpful.

I have windows set to put my pc to sleep after 45  minutes, lately mbt whenever i wake my pc keeps saying unable to connect to remote server......a popup comes up displaying that message, i click ok and it closes it completely. Then i have to restart mbt.

Edited by Ghostm

Koleckai Silvestri

Sometimes it takes my network connection a few seconds to wake up after coming out of a sleep or restart. 

Ya im just wondering if this could be avoided timing out so quickly for mbt? Wouldnt be a huge deal but the popup requires me to grab a keyboard and when you click ok it closes media browser and i have to re-launch every time i come out of sleep.

Just something im hoping maybe the team could look at down the line.

Any plans for skype integration?

please note the metro version, as I've not gone to windows 8 yet..(well just yet !)

I'm sure a skype launcher could be made just like the other launchers. But that will probably be it.

I have windows set to put my pc to sleep after 45  minutes, lately mbt whenever i wake my pc keeps saying unable to connect to remote server......a popup comes up displaying that message, i click ok and it closes it completely. Then i have to restart mbt.

I also just wanted to add anyway this only started happening recently when my pc comes out of sleep with MBT.

And i dont want to be rude unless this is a problem only on my end, but every single night i come home to wake my pc i am now met with unhandled exception. Cant connect to the remote server. Once you click ok mbt completely closes down, and i have to relaunch it. It really ruins the experience for me. The wife is not happy. I explained that its alpha but this never happened prior. And i have to think this is a mbt/mb3 sleep issue, all im doing is waking my pc. Once i wake it and am forced to restart mbt everything is fine. 

Edited by Ghostm

doddsie

Is there any news on further Music development ie play all, play album, playlist etc.......just wondering as would like to loose the extenders

Regards

Deihmos

I just installed MBT on my surface and it looks like it is optimized for touchscreen but I am having difficulty using it. Am I missing something?

I also notice that the lav video and audio system tray isn't appearing no matter what I do.

I am really impressed.

Edited by Deihmos

Koleckai Silvestri

Theater is optimized for the HTPC and the remote. It is a ten foot UI. There is a Windows 8 app in the Windows Store that is optimized for touch and tablets.

Deihmos

Without direct play the windows 8 app isn't going to work.  How about the issue with lav? The system try icon does not appear even though I enabled it.

Edited by Deihmos

Koleckai Silvestri

On the desktop, windows frequently hides tray icons on based on its own volition. You have to customize the tray to tell it to show the icons at all times instead of just notifications. This is done in the taskbar control panel settings by right-clicking the taskbar. Don't know how you would set them on a Windows 8 tablet.

Deihmos

On the desktop, windows frequently hides tray icons on based on its own volition. You have to customize the tray to tell it to show the icons at all times instead of just notifications. This is done in the taskbar control panel settings by right-clicking the taskbar. Don't know how you would set them on a Windows 8 tablet.

That's not the problem. Either MBT isn't using lav or it changes the behavior. The icons show up fine if I play with media player.

Koleckai Silvestri

Hmm.. It appears for me when I am playing media. However I don't have any external players defined and LAV is the only codec set that I have installed on the machine.

Ic2btUQ.jpg

Deihmos

That is the icon for the lav splitter. That will show but the decoders do not show up. Windows has built in h264 decoders. I even changed lav as the default video decoder but they still don't show which means MBT is using Windows decoders and not lav. They show up when using Windows media player.

Edited by Deihmos

Have you tried to disable the Windows Media Foundation drivers for the media type you are playing (WinDSFilterTweaker)? I needed to on my Win7 machine in order to allow LAV filters to be used by MBC. Don't know if you can do this on Win8 but it might be worth a shot!.

Deihmos

mkv  file extension is not a recognized extension and wouldn't be listed in media foundation.  I have come to the conclusion that MBT does something to hide those icons during playback because I disabled all MS decoders and the video still played. This is what the icons look like.

52f7e7142229d_Capture.png

Edited by Deihmos

Deihmos
Jdiesel, on 09 Feb 2014 - 5:18 PM, said:

Try adding

<ShowTrayIcon>true</ShowTrayIcon>

To your system.xml

Yep that's it. I had a feeling it had something to do with the player now if only it was more touch friendly. Thanks.

Is your server sleeping as well? Is the server on the same or another PC?

Thanks for the reply, server is on another machine and is awake all the time. The htpc does go to sleep after 45 min.

Here is a paste bin, but i am assuming you were correct in your original guess that its an issue with the network taking a second or two to wake up from sleep and it cant connect to mb server and then immediately produces the unhandled exception cant connect to the remote server (Upon wake).

This is the crash log that only occurs when I wake my pc from sleep and just started happening recently.  

http://pastebin.com/bUmr6WhX

The only new thing I have done was add the plugin on the server side to relaunch/restart the server once a day at 6am, but the pc with mbt would be sleeping as well and would not be trying to access anything.

Edited by Ghostm