Emby Theater

Luke

Mopar_Mudder

just do it from the web client

I couldn't find a way to mark them all watched at one time

I found it, seems like their are too many ways to get at stuff, guess I just need to learn

Edited by Mopar_Mudder

Is there a way to get LAV to display subtitles from external files?  I haven't had much problem with embedded ones, but I can only seem to get the subtitles working through MPC-HC.

It seems to be working. In theory this is essentially what i am requesting so we can completely control mbt without needing extra keyboards or mce remotes, and have it included in the apps for ios/android/windows  phone apps so i can fully control mbt (while launching and browsing movies from those apps as well), that is basically what the xbmc app is...... what the current android and ios apps are for media browser, plus a remote control like this.

Just to show their layout, and how you can flip from your media on the phone/ipad seamlessly to the remote control when needed. This should probably be requested for the ios/android devs (redshirt) but the functionality to allow them to add commands to control mbt sounds like it needs to be added first. 

http://cdn2.cybernetnews.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/06/free-ios-xbmc-remote.jpg

Not to keep harping on this, will be my last post on it, but i just noticed with all the plex talk on here to see if they have a remote control option (I didnt want to pay 4.99) and it looks like they do have a remote included in their app as well, i dont know how its designed however.

From reading on the forum it sounds like it asks you to "select a player" and then the appropriate remote control can be selected to control the device. Such as their version of mbt. It has full blown navigation controls to control and navigate it.

This review shows it at 2:15 and what I would like to see in mb3 apps to better control clients like mbt.

Edit oops originally posted wrong link.

Edited by Ghostm

Not sure where i should post this, but interesting 3rd party developers views, I use roomie remote for ios and several people asked them for mb3 support, and we were disappointed with the latest release why no support was added. 

They responded mb3 has a unique api and will be alot of work (not sure how true this is) and then asked what exactly mb3 can do that plex/xbmc cant because they are unsure, and make a case why adding it is worth their time over giving plex more attention.

I hope i made the case because i use it for my complete home control and found it on avsforum last year and have everything in my house automated through it, but i hope 3rd party developers are not asking what exactly mb3 can do that plex cant.

I would like to see the ability to maximize MBT simply by double clicking within it as you can do with most applications.  Mine frequently becomes windowed (likely due to my AVR), and the min / max buttons are not that user friendly for accomplishing this.

Also, can there be an option to have MBT installed for all users?  Currently it only seems to be available for the user that installed it.

Koleckai Silvestri

I would like to see the ability to maximize MBT simply by double clicking within it as you can do with most applications.  Mine frequently becomes windowed (likely due to my AVR), and the min / max buttons are not that user friendly for accomplishing this.

Also, can there be an option to have MBT installed for all users?  Currently it only seems to be available for the user that installed it.

I can maximize MBT by double clicking in the title bar just like any other Windows Application. Double click anywhere above the row with the MediaBrowser logo...

edit: though you probably mean with a remote..

Edited by Wayne Luke

I didn't actually mean a remote (although that would be nice).  What I meant was MBT will become windowed, and I want it to be full screen.  In a program like MPC-HC I just double click anywhere in the application and it goes back to full screen.  In MBT this doesn't work.

Latchmor

Hi, This is not the way 'most' applications work though, it's double clicking the Title Bar as Wayne said.

I've only come across a few that let you double click anywhere to maximise.

Cheers

Shaun

Not sure where i should post this, but interesting 3rd party developers views, I use roomie remote for ios and several people asked them for mb3 support, and we were disappointed with the latest release why no support was added. 

They responded mb3 has a unique api and will be alot of work (not sure how true this is) and then asked what exactly mb3 can do that plex/xbmc cant because they are unsure, and make a case why adding it is worth their time over giving plex more attention.

I hope i made the case because i use it for my complete home control and found it on avsforum last year and have everything in my house automated through it, but i hope 3rd party developers are not asking what exactly mb3 can do that plex cant.

I had a quick look at roomie remote and it has support for windows media center, so theoretically it should support MBT - I see that roomie can communicate via IP or IR. So if you are you have the room IR blaster so support Infrared comms, if should work perfectly with MBT if you select windows media center profile.

If you don't have a IR blaster, you (me, roomie, someone) has to build a ip interface between roomie and MBT using the roomie SDK. We are in the process of updating and expanding our command set and remote control mangement (including our ip based commands). I will have a look at the roomie SDK and see how  difficult it would be.

• Like 1

Shaun

I see roomie is iOS only....can I suggest a multiplatform solution may be better to look into

unified remote.  Android & IOS in beta (i've got the beta)

http://www.unifiedremote.com/

use the media center profile. There will eventually be a MBT profile.

Shaun

That's actually what I was going to suggest ... but noticed iOS has not been officially released yet so I held off

The Iphone beta is rock solid - I have not had a problem. I can't image it will be too long before its released.

Also, I had a slightly deeper look at the roomie SDK. It supports http API links via a XML file, so it would be very

easy to support our MB3 server api. Currently though, we don't support a lot of commands via the api - i.e no arrows

etc, so it will have to wait until we expand the apI (hopefully not too long).

Ghostm

I had a quick look at roomie remote and it has support for windows media center, so theoretically it should support MBT - I see that roomie can communicate via IP or IR. So if you are you have the room IR blaster so support Infrared comms, if should work perfectly with MBT if you select windows media center profile.

If you don't have a IR blaster, you (me, roomie, someone) has to build a ip interface between roomie and MBT using the roomie SDK. We are in the process of updating and expanding our command set and remote control mangement (including our ip based commands). I will have a look at the roomie SDK and see how  difficult it would be.

Thanks for your help, I have it working with mce controller, but the features are next to none. The plex/xbmc support includes a full guide (artwork, launching media, ect...just like the mb3 apps for ios and android) display feedback when somethings playing, every command you can imagine ect....

I just cant settle for their current support when it could be so much more. Also when they announce a new update, it gets quite a views from every roomie customer. Seeing media browser 3 added to  a new release would also help users at least hear about mb3, and see what its about.

Roomies fairly popular on avsforum as well, where I found mediabrowser 3 as well. 

Ghostm

The Iphone beta is rock solid - I have not had a problem. I can't image it will be too long before its released.

Also, I had a slightly deeper look at the roomie SDK. It supports http API links via a XML file, so it would be very

easy to support our MB3 server api. Currently though, we don't support a lot of commands via the api - i.e no arrows

etc, so it will have to wait until we expand the apI (hopefully not too long).

I dont know if you spoke them at all, if you would like I can ask them to get in touch with you and you could explain a few things to them if they need help. Or if you wanted to post on the forum. I dont know how much free time you have, the mb3 team is busy so I can help make this as easy as possible for you guys. The work of course will have to be done on roomies end.

I checked out unified remote, but the roomie solution if you use ios was just to easy to use, and to good to pass up. Alot of the features they are adding is not even just a remote commands, but to completely control items from your phone without having to look on your tv. I have a full tv guide right from my phone.

So while i am anxiously awaiting arrows, they could incorporate a full guide (their term) which is what the mb3 apps currently do.  Here is an image of their xbmc/plex guide, where you can view your library and launch movies with coverart and metadata. I am guessing api is available to them to incorporate that...?

https://encrypted-tbn2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRZ22fmzv5zjP4WBK22n0tyH9uSyu4FSvbqQrS_8Dresm36Hu82eg

Edited by Ghostm

foghat

Thanks for your help, I have it working with mce controller, but the features are next to none. The plex/xbmc support includes a full guide (artwork, launching media, ect...just like the mb3 apps for ios and android) display feedback when somethings playing, every command you can imagine ect....

I just cant settle for their current support when it could be so much more. Also when they announce a new update, it gets quite a views from every roomie customer. Seeing media browser 3 added to  a new release would also help users at least hear about mb3, and see what its about.

Roomies fairly popular on avsforum as well, where I found mediabrowser 3 as well. 

I agree, it would be great to see Roomie support MB3.  From my Plex days, I do miss the duration display on the remote.  But I have managed to get it set up (using mce controller) so that I can do everything I need functionally.  i.e. open/close MBT, and have added various other commands that mce controller didn't have in the default config.

Shaun

We are moving (rapidly) in the direction of getting a richer remote experience happening.

We will soon be updating MBT with the infrastructure required to support a much larger set of commands as well as command mapping (users can map arbitrary inputs to whatever commands they like).

Next is to extend the command set into the remote API and then we can have our IOS and Android client as as full featured remotes as well as enabling full support in rommie and other remote managers. All the commands you could wish for will be in the command set, but they will still need to implemented in the core, i.e you will be able to map remote keys to the commands, but a lot of them won't do much. Fast forward, duration display, subtitle toggling, aspect ratio, etc. are going to take a bit of work. mostly around the GUI feedback.

By default we are trying to stick pretty close to the XBMC remote key to command mapping

From my Plex days, I do miss the duration display on the remote. 

You can get the duration details buy bringing up the OSD (on screen display) - Ctrl G. Very soon you will be able to map it to any remote key you like.

Edited by Shaun
  • Like 1

blublub

It seems to be working. In theory this is essentially what i am requesting so we can completely control mbt without needing extra keyboards or mce remotes, and have it included in the apps for ios/android/windows phone apps so i can fully control mbt (while launching and browsing movies from those apps as well), that is basically what the xbmc app is...... what the current android and ios apps are for media browser, plus a remote control like this.

Just to show their layout, and how you can flip from your media on the phone/ipad seamlessly to the remote control when needed. This should probably be requested for the ios/android devs (redshirt) but the functionality to allow them to add commands to control mbt sounds like it needs to be added first.

http://cdn2.cybernetnews.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/06/free-ios-xbmc-remote.jpg

It seems to be working. In theory this is essentially what i am requesting so we can completely control mbt without needing extra keyboards or mce remotes, and have it included in the apps for ios/android/windows phone apps so i can fully control mbt (while launching and browsing movies from those apps as well), that is basically what the xbmc app is...... what the current android and ios apps are for media browser, plus a remote control like this.

What about intelliremote?

taptalked

Ghostm

What about intelliremote?

taptalked

Roomie controls more then htpc's, and i have many other devices in use using roomie, such as a xbox one, or satellite tv. Plus things like lights which i control when watching movies with mbt are all nicely controllable in one program. It also executes activities, or marcos.

And again the beauty of roomie if they decide to implement it, is its not  just a remote control, it displays your whole library with cover art, and allows launching of movies tv and music from the program, as well as full remote control.

I have not found anything that can match it for price, features, and it was incredibly easy to setup. If mb3 implements dlna and they support mb3, it will pop up when you add a device automatically, and load everything you would ever need to control mb3. And thats it. When i set up xbmc i literally opened the program, went to add a device, xbmc dlna popped up, i hit ok, and that was it, every command, along with full library and cover art on my phone.

Edited by Ghostm

Ghostm

Anyone else getting a new error coming out of sleep? I swear it was good for a few days.

Right now it says "unhandled exception. Cannot set Visibility or call show, ShowDialog, or WindowInterophelper.EnsureHandle after a window has closed."

• 2 weeks later...
Deihmos

I have MBT installed on my MS Surface 2 that is set to 150% DPI and as a result I get some blurry text in MBT. Reducing the DPI to 125% makes everything fine but I prefer it sat 150%. Anyone know of a work around?

Are there are any plans to make MBT more touch friendly?

Sent from my Surface Pro 2 using Tapatalk

gcw07

Are there are any plans to make MBT more touch friendly?

The windows 8.1 app is what is designed for touch. MBT is designed for a 10 foot experience with a remote.

Deihmos

The Windows 8 app requires transcoding. Most laptops today are mostly touch screen devices. MBT is already somewhat touch friendly but requires a little more tweaking.

Edited by Deihmos