High CPU usage when idle

deanhatescoffee

Cerothen

Running the DEV version 3.0.5608.36787 the issue appears to be resolved (at least for me).

Thanks for the great work as always!

porkbone

on dev server Version 3.0.5609.20720, just added a handful of albums, did a full scan then played music in Emby Classic. The problems seems to be resolved for me as well!!

...now if only I could add & scan the whole music library again... a different issue

Thanks @@Luke for the fix!

Update - this seemed to also fix the issue of the server crashing while scanning my music library!

:):D:lol:

Edited by porkbone

• 2 weeks later...
Nollog

Yea, I got the dev build a few days ago and problem is fixed. I've been watching my task manager.

much obliged.

Edited by Nollog
  • Like 1

Thanks. For others who read this, the fix is also in stable so you don't need to be on dev. Just make sure you're running the latest version.

• Like 5

• 5 months later...
mattmojo

I know this is an old thread, but I've had this problem on pretty much every version.  Only fix is to restart emby service.  I've just removed all folders with any media in it (movies/music/video clips). it is running a clean database task now and I'll update this thread in a day or two to see if that fixes it.

But not having any media is kinda missing the point of using Emby... well, except for the live tv, which works great when the CPU isn't maxing out and kicking the fans on high.

• 6 months later...
Michael K.

I am having an issue, which I believe is the same as the subject of this thread.

After watching a video on the Apple TV (which is being transcoded from MKV), ffmpeg processes hovers indefinitely at around 30%. The only way to resolve this is to terminate the ffmpeg processes in task manager or restart the computer.

The log that were generated since I started watching the video are attached.  Please advise.

Log1.txt

Log2.txt

Log3.txt

Edited by Michael K.

JeremyFr79

I am having an issue, which I believe is the same as the subject of this thread.

After watching a video on the Apple TV (which is being transcoded from MKV), ffmpeg processes hovers indefinitely at around 30%. The only way to resolve this is to terminate the ffmpeg processes in task manager or restart the computer.

The log that were generated since I started watching the video are attached.  Please advise.

You'll need to start a new thread in the apple TV section in regards to your issue as it's not related to this now year old thread that has been resolved.

Michael K.

You'll need to start a new thread in the apple TV section in regards to your issue as it's not related to this now year old thread that has been resolved.

Thanks. I'll repost in Apple TV forum.