Status of iOS App?

mediacowboy

overClocked!

Here's a screenshot of the apps new icon

BNsjQ2d.jpg

Meh. My shortcut to the Safari web client is exactly the same.

post-2317-14447811655577_thumb.jpg

Edited by overClocked!

Untoten

^^This is like when your girlfriend sends you nudes while you're traveling months for work.  Stop teasing me and let me play!

venom986

Apple TV 4 orders to start October 26 and ship by end of the week. Any chance of approval and general availability of a universal iOS app along those timelines?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

deepseth

How about create a Cydia Repo and let us run the beta on jailbroken devices?

Or just publish the source to GitHub so we can install it directly ourselves via XCode.

EDIT: I feel like a dumbass, it's just been pointed out to me by someone else on IRC.

You'll probably keep hearing it until the bug fixes are finished! :)

Bug fixes are never finished, software always has bugs.

Edited by deepseth

techworld

Or just publish the source to GitHub so we can install it directly ourselves via XCode.

I agree.

Or you can use Plex Media in the meantime.  :)

mediacowboy

I believe there is one more issue we are ironing out. Which is kinda of a show stopper right now.

deepseth

I agree.

Or you can use Plex Media in the meantime.  :)

Yep, pretty much what I'm doing. Started looking at Emby 3-4 months ago on the promise of an iOS app with sync 'coming soon'. My emby server went offline 2-3 weeks ago and I didn't notice until today, as Plex have a working iOS app with sync again.

Tharnax

For those in need of a temporary app solution, if you're jailbroken and have iFile installed, you can install Kodi for iOS and subsequently install Emby for Kodi.

Step 1 - Install Kodi for iOS (http://kodi.wiki/view/HOW-TO:Install_Kodi_for_iOS)

Step 2 - Download Emby for Kodi on your iOS device by clicking this link and selecting open in iFile: http://www.mb3admin.com/downloads/addons/xbmb3c/kodi-repo/repository.emby.kodi-1.0.2.zip

Step 3 - in iFile, cut and paste the Emby repository zip file from /var/mobile/documents to /var/mobile/media/kodi (you'll have to make the kodi folder).

Step 4 - Launch Kodi for iOS, hit the gear icon to enter settings, then hit the puzzle to enter add ons. Select "install from zip file" and navigate to Home folder > media > kodi and select the Emby repository to install it.

Step 5 - Install Emby from the Emby repository by hitting install from repository (these instructions are the same as the normal Emby for Kodi instructions).

Step 6 - If you are using a dynamic dns host, you'll want to configure the Emby primary server address to be your dynamic dns address without the "http://" and with the correct port. This will allow access to the Emby server even if you are away from home (as long as you have dynamic dns or a static external IP and you have your router's firewall set up properly).

Step 7 - I would install the Mimic skin for Kodi so you have better touch support. If you have the HD Homerun DVR service, you can also set this up so you have it on iOS (even though there isn't a supported iOS app yet). You'll have to look into how to install both of those on your own as they involve further steps.

Nice!  My iPad is already jailbroken just wasn't sure how to get Emby for Kodi installed on it.  Thanks @@shadowofjazz

Personally, I just use the web app through safari.  No sync ability, which I'm sure the new iOS app has, but it works perfectly fine in the meantime.

tadeucruz

Yes, open the source code is a nice idea. 

chrisoldroyd

Guys, you actually don't even need to jailbreak your iOS device. I discovered IPAWind, it costs $15 a year and they register you as a developer on their system then you get access to apps that they host. One of which happens to be Kodi. I tried it on my iPad Air 2 and it worked a treat.

Not sure on the legalities as they also give you the ability to install cracked apps, but if you ignore all that it may be worth it.

Cheers

Chris

Deihmos

Yep, pretty much what I'm doing. Started looking at Emby 3-4 months ago on the promise of an iOS app with sync 'coming soon'. My emby server went offline 2-3 weeks ago and I didn't notice until today, as Plex have a working iOS app with sync again.

That is exactly what I did and I'm impressed. I hope emby sync is just as fast.

Edited by Deihmos

shadowofjazz

Guys, you actually don't even need to jailbreak your iOS device. I discovered IPAWind, it costs $15 a year and they register you as a developer on their system then you get access to apps that they host. One of which happens to be Kodi. I tried it on my iPad Air 2 and it worked a treat.

Not sure on the legalities as they also give you the ability to install cracked apps, but if you ignore all that it may be worth it.

Cheers

Chris

Except you wouldn't be able to install Emby for Kodi since you can't ssh into your device without a jailbreak. If you just wanted Kodi only then by all means, but a jailbreak is free while $15/year is hardly worth it.

deepseth

Except you wouldn't be able to install Emby for Kodi since you can't ssh into your device without a jailbreak. If you just wanted Kodi only then by all means, but a jailbreak is free while $15/year is hardly worth it.

Or you could just load Kodi onto your device using XCode yourself, since you no longer need a developer account to sideload legit apps, and thus don't need SSH either.

Deihmos

Or you could just load Kodi onto your device using XCode yourself, since you no longer need a developer account to sideload legit apps, and thus don't need SSH either.

That is a pain and Kodi UI is less than suitable for a phone. Maybe it can work on an ipad but not a phone. Last i read it did not work on ios 9 plus you need a mac.

Edited by Deihmos

jscoys

Ok now.... What's the Hell is going on with Apple's approbation of the new app??? It Will be the longest Apple's approbation in history???!!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Like 1

kevinmd88

Ok, I get you guys have certification to go through and you want to test it thoroughly before releasing it. It's been nearly 7 months since the *question* was asked about the status of this release. I get that Apple's certification process is a pain in the arse, and you guys certainly have your hands full on a product you don't charge for, but supporters who have each donated as much as hundreds of dollars to it are also left in the dark. The most I've seen is a bunch of "just a little while longer" and a couple of home-screen screenshots. Barely any communication on this since March! Even if Apple is being a stone wall for approval, it doesn't explain the approach *here*. This thread doesn't even get those updates until we've added half a page of "what's going on" to it. Should we be so lucky?

If I've missed one that's already been given, I'll schedule myself for surgery to have my foot removed from my mouth, but otherwise at this point, if it compiles and can connect, you could at least give a preview. I'm sure any of us would wait patiently quite a while longer - it might make it easier if we could get a real update.

• Like 1