Status of iOS App?

mediacowboy

tadeucruz

We're working hard, thanks.

Luke, very nice. 

Is the Dev team trying to remove Bugs or still write new features?

Edited by tadeucruz

Tragic

Any news about this update? 

I really want quit Plex. 

Have you tried the webapp? I was a little worried when I first looked at Emby but the web app is amazing, don't get me wrong I am looking forward to having a native app but I don't feel like I am missing out on anything.

Awesome work guys :)

• Like 2

tadeucruz

Have you tried the webapp? I was a little worried when I first looked at Emby but the web app is amazing, don't get me wrong I am looking forward to having a native app but I don't feel like I am missing out on anything.

Awesome work guys :)

Hi Tragic, 

Yes i try but subtitles doesn't work in Safari (iPad). 

And yes, the webapp is very amazing. 

It's close to feature complete, but bug testing is happening all at the same time. Sorry it's taken so long, and thanks for being patient.

• Like 6

space2001

if you need a good tester let me know my daughter watches her movies on emby all the time on the ipad.

shes 5 and knows how the thing works better then my wife and inlaws.

She can't wait for it.

• Like 2

I'd be interested in testing as well. I run a server for me and my friends and Emby has quickly become my sole source for entertainment. I'd love to give you guys feedback on the iOS app. I've had a history in software development and I'm currently doing some research in software testing with Dr. Amanda Schwartz at the University of SC Upstate. I'm finishing up my BS of computer science there. Not that this directly relates to testing Emby, but I feel that I could hopefully provide some decent testing and feedback (plus I'm eager to get my hands on the app :P).

Edit: I'm also running the iOS 9 beta and familiar with github and issue tracking if that makes any difference.

Edited by dme

genesisforlive

It's close to feature complete, but bug testing is happening all at the same time. Sorry it's taken so long, and thanks for being patient.

Hi,

i can help you Testing. I work in IT and i find all bugs ;F

Best regards

kakata

Hmm, this is good for my chromecast, since it will convert my iphone to a multimedia/multi-touch remote control.

Count me in in the beta test team!

That will be solved soon I'm happy to report. We have the finest testers the Emby community has to offer banging on the new app as we speak :)

Hi Luke Im in the beta program from android

How can I suscribme in the beta or testers for IOS, i have Iphones , Ipads and Apple tv

Thanks

DurMonAtor

Hi, I hope this happens soon, any updates on this Luke, as I'd love to uninstal plex on my server and just stick to emby, but right now I can't as I'd be cutting my girlfriend off haha :P will there be sync on this too? Thanks

ellnic

It's a good job that every Tom, Dick and Harry remind Luke that this app isn't released. Without constant pestering, he might actually forget that he's got a ton of stuff to do to bring the community the best open source media solution available today.

In all seriousness, I want this as much as the next person. But the more time Luke spends responding to posts asking for daily updates, the less time he'll have to code.

Just my opinions. :-)

• Like 2

tadeucruz

kkkkkk

**sarcasm**

Yes Luke never responded other topic, some info is really slowed the dev. 

**sarcasm**

Just my opinions. :-) 

yardameus

As soon as there is something worthwhile to share, we are the first to hear it.

AdrianW

It's still in constant development - there's a new beta just about every day. And often multiple in the same day.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
runtimesandbox

+1 Can´t wait for this!

New to emby but love it, this will be the icing on the cake. I look forward to trying this when its ready  :)

As far as SSL support goes, you guys have to recognize that the audience for it is small and thus, help out and report problems with it, rather than just waiting for it to happen. We have a pretty good size Roku user base, but when I called for testing help with SSL, nobody stepped up to help out. That tells me loud and clear that I shouldn't bother spending any time on it. So if you guys want that changed you have roll up your sleeves and help out with it.

i am up with help for ssl. i have completely moved from plex and now rebuilding my server which is in a dedicated data center and i use ssl for the most part so will be up for any help.

One Question....

with my emby Server my family is looking much live tv with the tvheadend plugin over the webclient.

will the new ios app support the live tv part? What about planning recordings?

I'm looking forward for this app.

Thank you for your answer.

Yes, the new app will support Live TV.

thanks for your answer.

I'm looking forward for the IOS App.

Thanks to the Emby Team for their great work!

runtimesandbox

Happy to help test the ios app if you're in need of any testers. I have an Ipad air and iphone 4 / 5 i can test on 

Can't believe no update from the dev's on the progress of the app.

Most users around the globe use iOS and droid, hardly anyone uses winmo... What's the hold up? (Seems to be plenty of support and patients waiting for this release from the community, as well as users being ticked off purchasing the old MB3 app from the App Store that doesn't work.

A lot of users want to move away from plex and the like...

We are great full for the product and willing to pay for this if it actually works! (Note I have contributed funds to the app as well as mB3/ emby)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk