Status of iOS App?

mediacowboy

SHSPVR
j4ck4l, on 06 Nov 2015 - 11:52 PM, said:

Ah Sorry! I was so excited that i forgot that it should be english here.

That me everyday in tell the day it out :D

Wilky13

I got tired of waiting and went back to plex.

Same. I did a complete clean install of my HTPC when I moved. I wanted to keep it clean and minimal codecs and only one "architecture" other than WMC. I was going to go with Emby.

BUT, after months of waiting for the iOS app and Emby Theater playback being jerky I gave up and went back to Plex.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

deepseth

I got tired of waiting and went back to plex.

I gave up and went back to Plex.

I think you guys have gotten lost on your way to the Plex forums ;)

• Like 2

It's coming. We just finally resubmitted to apple several days ago, and it's now waiting for review.

We're still waiting on them, but it's coming.

• Like 5

mprassel

I'm afraid to even ask about a tvOS app. Is that something that can quickly be put together from the new iOS app?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

it's too early to give any dates but tvOS is moving quite well right now. We have a very strong group working on it right now.

• Like 1

it's too early to give any dates but tvOS is moving quite well right now. We have a very strong group working on it right now.

@@Luke When the time comes you need testing in the field, just let me know :)

Btw, I've not yet seen the iOS apps on Onesky, when will they appear?

sorry but you guys are always really late to the game, plex is always 3 steeps ahead of you, i mean look how long take you guys to get IOS App working, i hate it cause i like you eco system a lot, anyways good luck and i dont trying to be mean, i really like you guys

Edited by mata7

sorry but you guys are always really late to the game, plex is always 3 steeps ahead of you, i mean look how long take you guys to get IOS App working, i hate it cause i like you eco system a lot, anyways good luck and i dont trying to be mean, i really like you guys

The difference is that the Emby team doesn't have this project as their work, so they use their spare time to work on Emby. Plex is a commercial company witch solely focuses on improving Plex.

Its not fair to expect the same service from the Emby team. Luke and the gang are doing a great job. They even have features Plex is not even close of making!

Edited by thostr
  • Like 3

Indeed. We all contribute as much as possible in our spare time. And everyone is encourage to participate from their place to improve the software by testing, giving ideas, developing plugins and apps, etc. and have an impact on the software and the community. Benefits of an open source project.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Vidman

The difference is that the Emby team doesn't have this project as their work, so they use their spare time to work on Emby. Plex is a commercial company witch solely focuses on improving Plex.

Its not fair to expect the same service from the Emby team. Luke and the gang are doing a great job. They even have features Plex is not even close of making!

emby does have permanent employees and it is Lukes full time job Edited by Vidman

emby does have permanent employees and it is Lukes full time job

Nevertheless the two teams does not have the same resources available. My pointe was only to show gratitude towards the people what spend their spare time developing on this project.

But ill stand down :)

im85288

I was aware of Luke working full time for the project but not others, the team needs to grow substantially to compete on all fronts with Plex. If there are other full time employees for Emby I wonder what/where they are contributing. I know most of us (myself included) just do this fun :)

Vidman

Nevertheless the two teams does not have the same resources available. My pointe was only to show gratitude towards the people what spend their spare time developing on this project.

But ill stand down :)

For the record I agree with your sentiments, I was just clearing up some misinformation

See here: http://www.linux.com/news/software/multimedia/856128-exclusive-interview-emby-founder-luke-pulverenti

Edited by Vidman
  • Like 2

MSattler

For the record I agree with your sentiments, I was just clearing up some misinformation

See here: http://www.linux.com/news/software/multimedia/856128-exclusive-interview-emby-founder-luke-pulverenti

Look it really comes down to this, Emby is still cheaper than Plex. Emby has two full time employee's compared to how many employees Plex has?

If every person that continuously whines here and in chat daily would pick up a book, learn to code, and help, then perhaps things would move along at a faster rate.  I have no intentions on writing one bit of code, but at the same time I help out with support in chat, and I don't continuously bitch about it.

Enough people keep bitching for long enough, we may end up having devs walk away.  Constructive feedback is good, continued negative bitching and whining helps no-one.  

• Like 2

• 4 years later...
On 11/5/2015 at 2:44 AM, chvb said:

What a about carplay for the new IOS app? Does it support Apple Carplay? This would be a nice feature!!!

This has been released today as part of Emby for iOS 1.9.9. Stay tuned to the blog this week for the release announcement. Thanks.