Status of iOS App?

mediacowboy

Complain to Apple.

We've been going through the approval process for weeks.

This very common to those who deal with App Store approvals, patience guys

DaN

Melchior_1_

I would really like to see this iOS app too, I hope it gets released very soon so can measure it with the competition.  Emby appears to have possibilities from what I've seen on the server side.  

I know iOS 7 had a usual review time of 5days ios8 Brought additional time to submit apps but it shouldn't take weeks unless their is bugs or code that is not kosher with apples review and then you need to resubmit the app several times over which could extend the delivery of the app

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I know iOS 7 had a usual review time of 5days ios8 Brought additional time to submit apps but it shouldn't take weeks unless their is bugs or code that is not kosher with apples review and then you need to resubmit the app several times over which could extend the delivery of the app

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

At the moment the average review time seems to be about 5 days. But if you look at some of the apps they can have a review period of up to 40 days. http://appreviewtimes.com/ios/raw-data

I am sure the review time depends per app. If an app has more functionality it might take longer to review. I have published two simple apps and both of them had a review time of about 2 weeks.

I suggest everybody just be patient.

Our app is very unusual for these stores.  Most "apps" are very simple little programs.  Ours is not - and it requires the use of an external component to test it (the server).

Plus, first time submission always takes longer than subsequent ones.  Again, especially when dealing with the type of functionality and content we are.

• Like 2

Thanks for putting in the work. People complain about it (which is annoying), but it's only because they love it and are excited. :)

• Like 1

ellnic

To the nay sayers: We all want this. The release of the iOS app will further add to the value of Emby, which is above and beyond in terms of vast client/server OS support. I highly doubt (for those who are getting overly impatient) that there is anything else ebr and Luke can do to quicken this process. Apple are notoriously ruthless with app submissions, unlike Google. On the negative side, we see delays as we do here. On the positive side: there isn't the vast amount of low quality buggy crap that you have to sift through to get to the decent stuff.

Patience young Padawans.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
rtech73

I'm holding off on moving from PLEX to EMBY until the new iOS app.    Thanks to EVERYONE who has worked so hard to bring what I know will be a crown jewel for EMBY.

In the mean time, could we maybe have a couple screen shots?   :-)

AdrianW

In the mean time, could we maybe have a couple screen shots?   :-)

It's not that visually different from the webUI - so to get an idea what it looks like, simply size a browser window down to the shape/size of your iPhone or iPad - and you'll get a similar experience. (The WebUI is dynamic and adjusts to the available space).

Deihmos

Isn't it easier to add a bookmark to the home screen? I am sure it is exactly the same thing and works well.

Edited by Deihmos

Yea sorry guys, getting it through the store has been quite a pain. Plus, once it started using new features from the beta server I knew that even if it got through ahead of time I'd have to hold for a little while. Now it looks like their timing might end up lining up pretty well.

• Like 1

We will soon be releasing a new app from the core team that will be open source.

If the new app is open source is there a repository setup that we can look at and/or contribute to the code?

Deihmos

I really hope the app does not use VLC or offer an option not to use it. The Apple player is far superior to the Android player.The web app works well on Apple but really buggy on Android.  I also realize I can rewind live tv on apple but it says unseekable on Android. 

Well, I agree the apple player is nice, but I am considering adding Vlc based on the broad codec support it will allow for.

Wilky13

Well, I agree the apple player is nice, but I am considering adding Vlc based on the broad codec support it will allow for.

VLC doesn't support AC3 anymore. :(

deepseth

If Emby are able to release an app that:

1) Doesn't frequently crash playing online or offline content

2) Reliably syncs content for offline viewing

I'd buy it today, as unfortunately my other paid-for solution is unable to deliver that since the recent refresh.

EDIT: And releasing the source ASAP would also be beneficial. Fed up of being unable to do anything to help resolve the ridiculous number of crashes on my current solution except wait for the 'at least once release a month' cycle / continue to have crash logs sent to their devs (despite me having turned that option off in the previous release prior to the refresh.. nice of those devs to turn that back on without asking! I've left it on anyway for now as the flood of similar reports might actually get them to resolve it quicker!)

EDIT AGAIN: It's a shame when the only project in the GitHub repo to not have been updated in nearly 2 years is the iOS app project. Just a placeholder and nothing since.

FINAL EDIT: I feel like a dumbass, the source has just been pointed out to me by someone else on IRC.

Edited by deepseth

legallink

If Emby are able to release an app that:

1) Doesn't frequently crash playing online or offline content

2) Reliably syncs content for offline viewing

I'd buy it today, as unfortunately my other paid-for solution is unable to deliver that since the recent refresh.

EDIT: And releasing the source ASAP would also be beneficial. Fed up of being unable to do anything to help resolve the ridiculous number of crashes on my current solution except wait for the 'at least once release a month' cycle / continue to have crash logs sent to their devs (despite me having turned that option off in the previous release prior to the refresh.. nice of those devs to turn that back on without asking! I've left it on anyway for now as the flood of similar reports might actually get them to resolve it quicker!)

EDIT AGAIN: It's a shame when the only project in the GitHub repo to not have been updated in nearly 2 years is the iOS app project. Just a placeholder and nothing since.

Just an FYI - this is coming shortly.  Luke has been very hard at work on this.  We are still getting builds on an almost daily basis.

Also, unrelated, but since this thread gets a decent amount of eyes on it, let me just say that if anyone here is seasoned with Swift and would like to participate in tvOS development, then send me a PM. I'm looking for people who can make commitments and then follow through on them, so please keep that in mind. Thanks.

Also, unrelated, but since this thread gets a decent amount of eyes on it, let me just say that if anyone here is seasoned with Swift and would like to participate in tvOS development, then send me a PM. I'm looking for people who can make commitments and then follow through on them, so please keep that in mind. Thanks.

I really wish I had the time.

tadeucruz

Just an FYI - this is coming shortly.  Luke has been very hard at work on this.  We are still getting builds on an almost daily basis.

Why new builds? The submit build was rejected by Apple?

Obs: If iOS Emby is gonna be open source why not open the source now? 

Edited by tadeucruz