Vera Home Automation Plugin (Emby Vera)

chef

fantaxp7

Is that the XML file from the configuration folder?

Or is that the "extention-less" downloaded file, fanta?

yea that was the extension-less one. 

fantaxp7

Hmm I just followed your instructions and the reset is gone, however I was not paying attention but I think that reset message wasn't even there before following your instructions. 

chef

fanta, you should be able to remove the plugin, delete the "Vera Home Automation.xml" file in the "Plugins\configuration" folder and then download the new  plugin from the catalog.

Let me know how it goes.

• 3 months later...

Are we going to get a reverse usage? So if a scene is triggered I can have Emby pause my movie? I have a scene for my doorbell and would like Emby to pause if its rung. Or if I get a phone call can there be a integration with Android somehow to pause the video like you can with Yatse and XBMC. I miss using that feature when I switched to roku.

Are we going to get a reverse usage? So if a scene is triggered I can have Emby pause my movie? I have a scene for my doorbell and would like Emby to pause if its rung. Or if I get a phone call can there be a integration with Android somehow to pause the video like you can with Yatse and XBMC. I miss using that feature when I switched to roku.

I like this idea, and it has been brought up before.

I have to learn about luua code, but this is definitely possible.

Would this be an emby plugin for the Vera dashboard then?

• 4 weeks later...
vageesh79

Chef . Having trouble installing Vera pluging. For some reason my Veralte does not show up in Devices. It is on the same network, have tried restarting server also. Is there anything i am missing in it.

Your Vera is not listed under "Devices", that is where the Emby clients are populated when active. Do you have a big red "X" at the top of your Vera plugin screen?? If so, try refreshing the browser. If that doesn't work, use a different browser all together. Also, try rebooting the Vera Lite too.

If working correctly, there should be a picture of a Vera Lite next to the units IP address.

Edited by Xzener

• 2 weeks later...
chef

No, I let me take a look and see If I can recreate this on Xbox one... One second...

chef

@@Xzener it sees my X1 okay..

Are you able to see your X1 in the emby device list? And also are you able to see it in the DLNA "play to" list?

Try restarting your Xbox.

Edited by chef

chef

Chef . Having trouble installing Vera pluging. For some reason my Veralte does not show up in Devices. It is on the same network, have tried restarting server also. Is there anything i am missing in it.

@@vageesh79 were you able to figure out the plugin?

Xzener

Restarted my Xbox... Yes and yes to your questions. The plugin still is not seeing it. Any ideas??

Just rebooted the Vera... Nope, still not seeing it.

Edited by Xzener

chef

A couple question @xzener:

In the config XML does it appear?

Do other devices appear in the plugin config select box?

Are you on a Dev build?

Let me know....

Edited by chef
  • Like 1

Xzener

Not sure about the config XML, at work ATM.

Yes, other devices appear in the select box. (The Xbox is still setup in the app GUI, so I assume the XML still has it setup too)

I'm on Beta Server builds.

Xzener

Fixed.

Looked at the XML... It was clean, only Vera scenes populated, even though the plugin listed the Xbox as added and configured. Here is my XML file. FYI, all configured devices not working, had only checked Xbox.

Deleted the XML file, restarted the Server, no change. Deleted the plugin and XML file, restarted the Server (Edge)... The plugin was still listed as installed. Opened with IE... The plugin was not listed.

Installed the plugin. All running clients properly listed. Added clients, configured. Everything checks good now.

Thanks for the help Chef.

Edited by Xzener

Xzener

By the way, I have no clue when this broke. The Xbox is in my theater room... Don't play Xbox everyday. Noticed it playing Forza 6 waiting for Star Wars Battlefront Beta to finish downloading. ;)

chef

Yes! SW Battlefront is amazing!

I am glad it is working again, really strange occurrence.

Let me know if anything else pops up like that again :)

• Like 1

Xzener

Yes, by far the best SW game EVER!! So much fun. Have you flown and X-Wing, Walker, AT-AT, etc?? Or been killed by Darth Vader?? Lol, talk about an adrenaline rush... Like Luke Skywalker deflecting all your shots with the light saber, then Jedi jumps your ass.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
Xzener

Here we go again... Xbone not being detected by the plugin. Its listed in the server active devices list. Unable to configure in the plugin.

Xzener

Used the fix above... Xbone is detected and configured but does not work, Vera commands not sent. MBT working fine.

Okay, this sounds familar. The xbox one is stubborn with giving up its uuid number (its ui).

Please check the configuration XXL and see if xbox saved it's id.

@@Xzener let me know...

• Like 1