Vera Home Automation Plugin (Emby Vera)

chef

Xzener

My vera is real flakey right now, I clicked firmware and it fails to connect to server. Then I tried again and the page for the vera froze. Hopefully there's a manual way to update.

Call their customer service department... They are really good at fixing issues, even remotely.

chef

@@Xzener @@techywarrior @@fantaxp7

This version will not kill the emby server.

If you try to open the plugin configuration, you will be greeted with big red text telling you that Vera is not available.

I think I figured out a good formula to calculate Pause and Unpause events.

Don't be surprised if it takes two seconds to run the scene for Pause.

We need those two seconds the server is counting for playback to make sure you have actually paused the media. Two seconds is the quickest it will be.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/46151346/SampleProject/SampleProject/bin/Debug/Vera%20Smart%20Home%20Automation.zip

I almost forgot, if you have your vera unplugged, and then you start the server, you have to restart the server after you have plugged your vera back in.

Edited by chef

fantaxp7

Yes I am using 1.7.569

However I did not see any big red text at the plugin config.

EDIT: Um all the sudden after hitting F5 at the plugin config, devices appear...strange. But I do not see my vera.

EDIT2: NVM...I am dumb, I was expecting to see my vera listed  :P. The fact that it shows my devices must mean it detected the vera I take it.

Edited by fantaxp7

chef

Yeah, no red text is good! I will add some big green text to let you know that your vera has been located. That is a good idea. :)

Also, you may need to refresh the browser to get a true list of your emby devices. It is a problem the plugin has with loading the page.

• Like 1

Vidman

Call their customer service department... They are really good at fixing issues, even remotely.

Are you being sarcastic?

chef

Are you being sarcastic?

Actually I was fairly impressed with how quickly I was replied to on their Development form. 

But, I haven't ever called their customer support. lol! :D

Still not as fast as emby support though...

Edited by chef

Xzener

No, they really are helpful. My Vera/Zwave experience at first was very poor. Not sure what they did, flashed it I think, since then things have been better. Although the Vera lite continues to corrupt my network at times. It's strange, sometimes my devices (Xbox One, phone, etc) tries to attach to an erroneous default gateway. If I unplug the vera, all is well. It's aggravating... About ready to shit can my HA hopes and dreams.

Edited by Xzener

techywarrior

Manually install the plugin from the link Chef provided. Luke removed it from the catalog while the major issues get worked out.

Vidman

No, they really are helpful. My Vera/Zwave experience at first was very poor. Not sure what they did, flashed it I think, since then things have been better. Although the Vera lite continues to corrupt my network at times. It's strange, sometimes my devices (Xbox One, phone, etc) tries to attach to an erroneous default gateway. If I unplug the vera, all is well. It's aggravating... About ready to shit can my HA hopes and dreams.

Maybe they have improved lately, or maybe not - your gateway issue sounds like a long standing bug with Vera that seems is still not resolved, I gave up on them over a year ago. Mind you I am in Australia which doesnt help matters.

Edited by Vidman

chef

Anyone get a chance to test the plugin and see if it crashes the server when Vera is not connected?

Sorry to seem naggy but I put a bunch of time into it and would love to get it back into the plugin repo.

AgileHumor

You need to go into Vera Network settings and disable it a DHCP server.  It's actually "internet router" as well as HA controller...it runs on the OpenWrt platform

• Like 1

chef

You need to go into Vera Network settings and disable it a DHCP server. It's actually "internet router" as well as HA controller...it runs on the OpenWrt platform

I had read this also, that was the first thing that came to mind.

chef

Hey @@fantaxp7 have you ever experienced your scenes being triggered out of no where, due to this plugin? Mainly pause scenes being triggered for no reason?

Xzener

Getting everything setup for testing. FWIW, I am not using a scene for pause/unpause. Only play/play stopped and client open/close.

Hope that helps.

Thanks for the tips guys, turned DHCP off.

Xzener

Havent noticed any erroneous on/off triggering... Just unresponsiveness after playing/stopping where new instances of play/stop scenes are not triggered after the first successful one does. If we had logging with the plugin, maybe we could figure out why?

Going to try the missing Vera controller/server crash issue... No crashing. Nice job Chef. Will keep testing, hopefully we can get it back in the catalog quickly.

Keep up the great work!

Edited by Xzener

fantaxp7

Hey @@fantaxp7 have you ever experienced your scenes being triggered out of no where, due to this plugin? Mainly pause scenes being triggered for no reason?

I have not noticed that yet. 

Though I have restricted to Movies using this plugin. I can set it to TV shows as well to see.

chef

Xzener,

How much info do you want in the logs?

I have report to the log each time. I have so far reported connections to Vera and when an event is raised.

We should see errors with this version I am working on.

chef

I have not noticed that yet.

Though I have restricted to Movies using this plugin. I can set it to TV shows as well to see.

Accually, if it was going to happen it would happen with movies too, so that is a good thing.

I think I am going to put a final manual install here on this thread that includes logging.

If that works out, then maybe we can get back to the repo.

Edited by chef

chef

Here this has logger support:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/46151346/SampleProject/SampleProject/bin/Debug/Vera%20Smart%20Home%20Automation.zip

I could put in a request to the vera device with each event to see if the scene is active already.

This could create a delay when running the scene because the request is a long running task.

No sure if we should or not.

It would create a redundant check to make sure the scene gets triggered properly.

I think it is a last resort if, Xzener, you find that scenes are still not getting run, after the first time.

Edited by chef

Xzener

Just updated... The lights are randomly turning on/off while a movie is playing. Where can I retrieve the log? Also, opening/closing the client has strange behaviour too... Once, while opening the client, the lights quickly turned on then off. Again, the lights just turned on, no client running... and now they are off?? This version is not stable. Gonna have to uninstall this one.

Edited by Xzener