Vera Home Automation Plugin (Emby Vera)

chef

chef

Okay! I'll fix it.

I choose the wrong server version on upload.

Which server version do you run @@Xzener?

chef

Just when I upload it to the admin server. There is an option to choose a server version.

I have to level up the plugin major versions as well.

Sorry about that.

GlennNZ

Hi

Thanks for this.

Looking at something similar for another home automation device.

Is the source available somewhere?

Thanks

Hi

Thanks for this.

Looking at something similar for another home automation device.

Is the source available somewhere?

Thanks

The source eh... what would you like to do with the source code Mr. Glenn ;)

GlennNZ

The source eh... what would you like to do with the source code Mr. Glenn ;)

The usual would be to scroll through, become increasingly lost, give up and move on to something else not involving a screen !

Interested in seeing whether possible to change play based actions to adjustable http get/put with basic and digest Auth options.

That way would be compatible with pretty much everything that had restful api (which Vera does, Fibaro does, and indigodomo does, amongst other devices)

Ultimately my main aim would be in making compatible with indigodomo - via these calls on state changes.

(would host any badly written, hacked together from multiple stackoverflow posts, on GitHub!)

Glenn

• Like 1

That does sound cool. It is written in Vb.net because I am not a very good coder lol.

There is quite a bit of room for improvement in the code. It could certainly be shortened in many places.

If it is cool with you, I need to go through and comment the code to make it a bit easier to follow.

Having it compatible with other HA devices and apps would make it much more useful.

I will pm you. :)

Edited by chef
  • Like 1

GlennNZ

Thanks.

Wouldn't worry about how the code looks - my comment on my coding being piecing together stackoverflow.com solutions is a bit to close to the truth!

:P

Xzener

Personally, I'd also like some extra functionality with the plugin... Sending commands to a USBUirt in order to control me Lutron Grafic Eye. ^_^ Without need of Event Ghost or... that other one. (Brain fart)

Ive been using this plugin for a few months and I think ever since version 131 when i use use pause and unpause scenes my lights will flash over and over when starting a movie. If i remove pause and unpause and only use play and stop then it works properly. Everything worked fine on the version before 131. I am using a Nexus player with a vera edge.

Ive been using this plugin for a few months and I think ever since version 131 when i use use pause and unpause scenes my lights will flash over and over when starting a movie. If i remove pause and unpause and only use play and stop then it works properly. Everything worked fine on the version before 131. I am using a Nexus player with a vera edge.

@@MEB

Yes this is because the pause and unpause events don't really exist in emby api.

Play, Stop and a Playback check-in which expresses the amount of ticks past in the movie.

To figure out if a stream has been paused or not, the plugin uses a threading timer which monitors the play state of the media file.

If the play state hasn't increased then it sets paused to true, and if it becomes greater then it sets the paused state to false.

This is highly unstable, as you have seen. I was going to remove those lines of code actually, but I had hopes to try and fix the issue.

My wife dies laughing when I have the pause and unpause events attached, because ... yeah the lights in our home flash.

I will look at the code again and see if it can ever work properly or not :)

@@Xzener I have a neat little exe that records remote functions in hex and then replays them through a usbuirt.

Is this something along the lines of what you mean?

I know that Glenns idea of adding authorization headers to the http posts from the plugin would open up its usefulness to other ha devices... which is cool.

Xzener

I'd like the plugin to be able to send specific scene commands to my lighting for play/pause commands... If ET ever gets to a point where I'm happy, I will be re-address more automation. Unfortunately, your plugin requires to much troubleshooting/fixing. I've fallen back to Vera specific plugins for triggering my theater blacklights. I know you'd rather work on other projects so I haven't bothered you with issues lately.

If I where to post a test ell here, which may resolve the pause problems would someone help me test it?

Yes.

@@chef do you know how to send HTTP comands (to Vera) over your network to turn on/off devices and run scenes??

@@Xzener This is what the plugin does. When a playback event is triggered by an emby device, we send http requests to the vera unit to run scenes.

Xzener

Well, hate to be a Debbie downer but it's hasn't been very reliable. Sorry, no offense. I must have a solid working automated theater. Times of tinkering have got to come to an end. I have reverted back to EG. The thing that sucks is I have to build these macro/events from scratch. I hoped this plugin would steer ne clear of having to go this route.

What doesn't work? It works fine here.

I press play on my tablet and my Xbox starts playback and the lights shut off.

Is it the pause commands you mean?

Xzener

Mainly the Xbox is the issue... You know about that issue. I have since setup Vera with a ping plugin that turns on my black lights in the theater when it senses my Xbones IP address, and turns them off when its unpingable. The plugin is not ready for the new Emby Theater, it's hit or miss.

What happens with the theatre. I haven't tried it so I don't know.

It should work the same.... it doesnt?

If those events are getting ignored, then that is happening on the theatre side of the code and how it is interacting with the server.

If session information isn't raising events, then the theatre is the culprit not this plugin.

This plugin only attaches to events through the api.

There is no special coding created here. If the theatre isn't working it is probably because it is still in beta.

Alright! Version 176 has these changes which makes Pause and unpause events work:

-threading timer object is now built when the server starts, it is then set to check playback progress of a media item every 3500 ticks after playback initiates on a device.

When playback is stopped the timer is stopped until playback starts again.

If transcoding hipcups, like it tends to do, then pause scenes will trigger. Just the way it is. If you have a solid transcoding session from emby (which is not as typical on low powered machines... Not embys fault...) then I suggest not using pause commands.

I figure if people are going to move away from using this plugin , then no one has anything to lose by trying this new version.

Edited by chef