Vera Home Automation Plugin (Emby Vera)

chef

@@Xzener,

Does your config XML have this entry in it please:

<MediaBrowserNetworkDevice xsi:nil="true" />

This means that there was an empty object in the Class system...

Why? Something has changed in the emby plugin source code.

Thing is, Xbox still shows up in the list of active devices. I'm not sure why it isn't showing up for you.

{stumped}

I'll look into to it further....

Edited by chef

Okay that is weird! @@Xzener, my plugin config XML get corrupted! 

I'm sorry you'll have to try this:

Delete the config XML -> restart the emby server -> power cycle the xbox one -> re-setup everything.

I don;t know what happened, but at some point over the past couple days the XML has gotten corrupted, I believe for everyone using the plugin.

There must have been an edit to the main code which rolled out on either Beta or Dev which caused issues with how the DLNA server was detecting clients...???...

Don't know for sure, but following the steps above has cleared up my issues.

Edited by chef

Ok, it wasnt the Vera. Uninstalled/reinstalled the plugin... Its working again.

Sorry that happened, it is an unexplained phenomenon.

I think it is the Xbox, Microsoft has made it do some really strange networking things with the new update.

I wish they would roll out an API for either the Xbox or smart glass. It seems to have been forever.

I've tried to monitor network traffic with wireshark to see if I could pin point what smart glass is doing, but it was a failed attempt.

• 3 weeks later...
fantaxp7

Hello,

So I had somewhat recently switched to a different emby server install (docker) and since then I haven't been able to detect my vera. Is there a way to manually input the IP?

Thanks 

Xzener

Same problem here. Server changed IP address... Vera no longer configurable. The configfuration for the Vera plugin seems intact, it has the right IP address for the Vera. Im guessing a recent server update may have broken the plugin @@chef. Can you have a look at it??

Thanks!

Xzener

To add, when refreshing either with the plugin button or the browser... The Vera is no longer sensed. But like I said, the configuration has the Vera IP intact.

• Like 1

@@Xzener

@@fantaxp7

New version is up and fixes issues. 

Let me know if you run into any other problems. I think I caught all the new changes in the Emby Server :)

Edited by chef
  • Like 2

Xzener

The plugin seems to be seeing the Vera and web clients. Unable to sense my Xbone... Plug cycled it, which was a fix before, no dice.

Any ideas?

Give the xbox a couple minutes to give up the id and name.

I would maybe suggest a re start of the server, then restart xbox.

I seems to be showing up for me, but I had wait a while before it showed up.

Let me know...

• Like 1

Luke did mention the new way of handling code in browsers should work across most of them. I am surprised that Edge is having problems.

Just out of curiosity, is edge having the same problems as before the code change?

If it is, then we might mention it to Luke. It might help.

Xzener

@@chef we need to figure out this Xbone UUID issue... How can we keep the plugin from loosing the Xboxes identity??

The server knows when it powers on, can we not use that to send commands via the Vera plugin?

Edited by Xzener

Yes, when the server recognizes the X bone, it should be available in the list of devices in the vera setup. Weather a device refresh is nessessary by pressing the button, or a page refresh in the browser.

I have ten days off from work and I will put a bunch of the time into fixing issues which have come up.

Currently we are unable to use the uuid from the Xbox because it rotates everytime your power cycle the device.

I requested it stop doing that over in the Xbox web forums but it looks like that development team has a reason for making it do this with their new dashboard update.

So we only look for the name of the device in a list of devices that emby finds on the network.

What we need to do, is have the configuration page update the device list automatically, but only when the page is loaded.

This might solve half our issue by showing any new devices quickly to the user.

The other issue, is kind of out of our control. That is: why the heck the Xbox takes soooo long to caugh up its networking info?

But, I am on it!

Xzener

I'm referring to the Xbone not working after a while... I have the Xbone set for quick power up (sleep). After a couple days, the Xbone seems to be forgotten by the plugin or something. I get everything all setup again, few days later same issue. Does your Xbone/Vera setup work like this??

You mean that the saved Xbox profile is no longer shown on the config page?

Example: you choose the Xbox from the drop down list and it creates a button which you press to enter the scene config page.

Do you mean this button disappears?

Xzener

Yes. It seems as though the app ignores saved configuration setups if the device is not active... Even though it IS indeed active and being sensed by the server (DLNA client).

Xzener

Question is... How does Microsoft keep tabs on Xbone's with their Xbox app?? If the UUID changes periodically, how does their app know which one is which. I have 2 in the house, but it always knows which one is mine. It asks for an IP address if it isn't automatically sensed, are they using an IP address?? That would make sense. Or are they using it's unique name?? I named mine "THEATERXBOX". Whenever I use their app, it never looses it. However they are doing it, it's always there in the their app.

I think they are checking IP addresses for credentials they have saved on their servers.

Then the Xbox sends credentials when it connects to Xbox live.

I have something new. It should save all the profile data, and allow the user to make edits to the profile if the device is offline.

It should fix the issue.

• Like 1

chef

Yes, there is a schedule added, so you can choose to have scenes run after a time of day. For people who don't want lights dimming in their front rooms during the day.

Now, you can choose to have the device trigger scenes only at night, if you wanted.

Profiles should be editable when the device is not on.