DVBLink-TVMosaic Live TV Plugin

t.andre

In this situation all responsibility is delegated to TVMosaic. It will be difficult to troubleshoot from the Emby side. When you click record in Emby, all it's doing is passing the instruction to TVMosaic.

In this situation all responsibility is delegated to TVMosaic. It will be difficult to troubleshoot from the Emby side. When you click record in Emby, all it's doing is passing the instruction to TVMosaic.

Ok, I can work with that. I'll contact them about this.

So for the other problem: recordings set from Emby are not active.

When I record something in TV Mosaic itself, it sets it to active.

Maybe there is an update in the API and the active parameter is not being sent by the plugin?

Thanks

I wouldn't necessarily contact them right away. They may just respond and say that TVMosaic was only doing what Emby told it to do.

So i think it starts with working with the plugin developer, t.andre, to see what he thinks. Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...
arthurd123

I'm really struggling to setup Live TV channel logos...

Currently using the 1.7.1.0 version of the plugin

Mine are not populated via DVBLink Server I have taken the opportunity to use the metadata folder  \AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server\metadata\LiveTvLogos and placed my logos in there. I have renamed them to the name of the channels I have in my TV Guide.

Am I correct in thinking the option under Channel Options on the plugin Use Server Logos should be NOT checked? Also if the Channel's Logos Path is not specified it will pull these from \AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server\metadata\LiveTvLogos path instead?

If that is the case they are not being pulled from this metadata folder, I have tried refreshing the guide 10 times and nothing.

Hope someone can shed some light on this....

Thanks in advance...

@@arthurd123, the only officially supported way to customize your logos would be to use the image editor in the emby web app. Just click the 3-dot menu on a channel. Please let us know if this helps. Thanks !

arthurd123

@@arthurd123, the only officially supported way to customize your logos would be to use the image editor in the emby web app. Just click the 3-dot menu on a channel. Please let us know if this helps. Thanks !

@Luke

Found a workaround as soon as I specified the folder path under Channel's Logos Path on the DVBLink Plugin under Channel Options  "\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server\metadata\LiveTvLogos" after the guide refresh they started populating, Thank you for you quick reply though, appreciated  :)

• 3 weeks later...
dbowles1975

I just installed this today. It's taking 15-20 seconds for the stream to start. When connecting directly to TVMosaic, through their app, channel selection is almost instant. Is there anything in Emby or in the TVMosaic server I can change to speed this up?

I just installed this today. It's taking 15-20 seconds for the stream to start. When connecting directly to TVMosaic, through their app, channel selection is almost instant. Is there anything in Emby or in the TVMosaic server I can change to speed this up?

Please attach the information requested in how to report a media playback issue. thanks.

ATSC or DVB-C/S/T source and on what Emby client device are you trying to watch TV ?

• 2 weeks later...
muppets4

I changed providers and yesterday I had time to do the transition. Today I ran into some errors. Maybe someone can be of help to me.

- Everything works flawlessly in TV Mosaic. Recordings start fast when played, channels are also changing fast

- Everything SEEMS to work in Emby too, but I get errors

What happens?

- deleting recordings in Emby leaves 0kb recordings in TV Mosaic

- some recordings play, others don't (and lock Theater in the process). I just tried it in the webapp with the same results. Everlasting circle

- Live channels take a long time to start, as do recordings that do work. Some 10-15 seconds

log2.txt

Log.txt

Then I would suggest uninstalling the TVMosaic plugin and using Emby's native features? Why? Because doing how you are adds an extra layer in the middle which makes troubleshooting significantly harder. That's fine when there's no other option due to a tuner we don't support, but given that we support HD Homerun you really should take advantage of the native features.

muppets4

If that was an option I would have done that. But I have encrypted channels too and I think Emby can't handle that. And secondly my provider provides a free EPG on every channel. 

In that case, what i can see from the log is that TVMosaic is sending back a 404 not found error when Emby tries to open a channel stream:

2018-12-02 22:58:53.490 Info HttpClient: GET http://localhost:9271/stream/playback?object=8F94B459-EFC0-4D91-9B29-EC3D72E92677%3aE44367A7-6293-4492-8C07-0E551195B99F%2f199-13591203154765033176-1542659400
2018-12-02 22:58:54.532 Error HttpServer: Error processing request

You'll want to review TVMosaic logs as well as consult with the developer of the Emby plugin in order to learn why that might be happening.

muppets4

I was hoping for @t.andre to come by too (:

Just for testing purposes (my wife demands Emby and hates Kodi) I installed the Kodi plugin. That worked exactly like in the TV Mosaic app. Fast.

Edited by muppets4

hi the only thing i can not get working is the logos, i am using emby on the raspberry pi with docker and i have placed the logos in the metadata folder but nothing shows up do i need to specify the folder or somthing?

hi the only thing i can not get working is the logos, i am using emby on the raspberry pi with docker and i have placed the logos in the metadata folder but nothing shows up do i need to specify the folder or somthing?

Hi, server log?

i have posted the log i hope, i feel it is simply that i have not put the correct pathway in but i can not seem to get it to work. any help would be appreciated as i am having the same problem with tv mosaic as you can not specify the pathway on there so wanted to use emby to populate the logos thanks 

t.andre

Hi. Thanks for your feedback. In the last two months I've been very busy. I will check it within the next few days. For the logos you can define it in t mosaic. The plug-in has an option to retrieve it.

Cheers

Envoyé de mon LYA-L29 en utilisant Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...
muppets4

@t.andre

In tv mosaic program descriptions are fine (recordings). But in Emby they are missing. Is it possible to add them?

Edited by muppets4