DVBLink-TVMosaic Live TV Plugin

t.andre

He said

but it is just too messy and too slow to try to sort and configure the live-tv and channel setup in Emby.

This is far from the first time you have had this feedback [emoji23]

One of the reasons I still only feed Emby streams that are managed and controlled by other backends. Emby has still a long way to go for doing channel management, EPG management, channel/tuner merges (and controlling stream limit with different sources), advanced recording scheduling options etc., to satisfy users who want to have more control.

But lets wait and see how far Emby is with all of this, in 6 months time. I don't expect it sooner, but maybe we get surprised  :) 

• Like 4

Spaceboy

One of the reasons I still only feed Emby streams that are managed and controlled by other backends. Emby has still a long way to go for doing channel management, EPG management, channel/tuner merges (and controlling stream limit with different sources), advanced recording scheduling options etc., to satisfy users who want to have more control.

But lets wait and see how far Emby is with all of this, in 6 months time. I don't expect it sooner, but maybe we get surprised :)

agree 110%
  • Like 3

EODCrafter

agree 110%

Agree 10k % Been part of this community for a Year + -, Just look at my Signature! (Still haven't found any backend that will "Merge" m3u's...Maybe TVHeadend does) but I just can't figure that thing out.

Edited by EODCrafter

snodrog742

Agree 10k % Been part of this community for a Year + -, Just look at my Signature! (Still haven't found any backend that will "Merge" m3u's...Maybe TVHeadend does) but I just can't figure that thing out.

I can find promises of this feature back to 2016 at least.  Guess what... still waiting.

If you're using IPTV then why not just import it directly into Emby without using tvmosaic at all?

Hi Luke, 

I know many have already brought up these issues in the past years, but I think there's a certain interest from many of us to see an improvement on the Live TV portion in Emby.   Although I've seen already some performance improvements, there are things that remain missing.

Right now, TV mosaic allows these extra features and help tremendously with the management of channels in Emby.

- Filtering channels based on m3u groups (i,e. filtering on USA, CAN, Movies, Sports, etc.) 

- Filtering channels will also accelerate the speed of the guide because only certain channels will be loaded rather than blow up the guide with the thousands of useless ones. 

- Better management of multiple viewers watching the same feed (TV Mosaic allows one feed to be distributed to many viewers if they're all watching the same channel...) 

I hope this helps with reconsidering the priority to revamp your Live TV section... I've seen major improvements in version 4.1.x and I'm looking forward to seeing what's next.

• Like 1

EODCrafter

Hi Luke, 

I know many have already brought up these issues in the past years, but I think there's a certain interest from many of us to see an improvement on the Live TV portion in Emby.   Although I've seen already some performance improvements, there are things that remain missing.

Right now, TV mosaic allows these extra features and help tremendously with the management of channels in Emby.

- Filtering channels based on m3u groups (i,e. filtering on USA, CAN, Movies, Sports, etc.) 

- Filtering channels will also accelerate the speed of the guide because only certain channels will be loaded rather than blow up the guide with the thousands of useless ones. 

- Better management of multiple viewers watching the same feed (TV Mosaic allows one feed to be distributed to many viewers if they're all watching the same channel...) 

I hope this helps with reconsidering the priority to revamp your Live TV section... I've seen major improvements in version 4.1.x and I'm looking forward to seeing what's next.

Your Preaching to the Choir! Also add Multiple m3u input without duplicate channels and "smart switching" if stream is in use.

Edited by EODCrafter
  • Like 1

snodrog742

Your Preaching to the Choir! Also add Multiple m3u input without duplicate channels and "smart switching" if stream is in use.

Another one of those "This is great for the future." going on 6 years or something dumb...

• Like 2

Another one of those "This is great for the future." going on 6 years or something dumb...

Patience is virtue young grasshopper...  Still better than other apps such as ones that rhyme with schplex...  

Edited by Boo0ger

snodrog742

Patience is virtue young grasshopper...  Still better than other apps such as ones that rhyme with schplex...  

You're new here.... you'll understand soon enough

• Like 2

muppets4

Please keep in mind that these problems remain first world problems. In every other aspect Emby is great. Only live TV deserves attention. When I became a backer, there was no mention of Live TV anywhere to be seen. But here it is. And we use it on a day to day basis (through TV Mosaic). So happy with Emby, but still wishes for the future. And Luke mentioned 'near future'. That is something else then 'somewhere in the future'

• Like 1

Don't judge the book by its cover. I've been a silent user for quite longer than you think... The main thing is that we all want the same improvement :)

Spaceboy

Please keep in mind that these problems remain first world problems. In every other aspect Emby is great. Only live TV deserves attention. When I became a backer, there was no mention of Live TV anywhere to be seen. But here it is. And we use it on a day to day basis (through TV Mosaic). So happy with Emby, but still wishes for the future. And Luke mentioned 'near future'. That is something else then 'somewhere in the future'

[emoji23] it’s already been shown that it’s not a sliding scale. Near future is no more meaningful that the future I’m afraid
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
t.andre

Hi,

The plugin is updated.

- Version : 1.8.5 (2019.02.18)
* Fix Live TV HD Channel Black Screen with Audio
* Fix plugin logo
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...
chjohans

How are the "favorite" channel groups mapped in Emby Live TV? I see all my channels but I don't see any groups or any references to the channel groups from my TVMosaic server that I mapped as "Favorite groups" in the TVMosaic plugin.

How is this supposed to work, if at all?

Boo0ger

How are the "favorite" channel groups mapped in Emby Live TV? I see all my channels but I don't see any groups or any references to the channel groups from my TVMosaic server that I mapped as "Favorite groups" in the TVMosaic plugin.

How is this supposed to work, if at all?

You can't browse or filter the favorite groups themselves in Emby, but it seems to help with limiting the channels up to 5 of your favorite groups.

chjohans

You can't browse or filter the favorite groups themselves in Emby, but it seems to help with limiting the channels up to 5 of your favorite groups.

OK thanks, that's not what I want so I better remove all those groups then as I will be missing a few channels if it will only show the "Favorite" groups.

groenator

I installed the plug in, the only thing I see in emby is Tvmosaic recording folder. I don't see the live channels from tvmosaic. I configure the favourites in the plug in settings, channels still not available.

The plug in can see my server too. What am I missing from configuring the plug in to see the list of channels?

Is this plug in configured only to see the recordings from tvmosaic? I doubt it!

Thanks,

Boo0ger

I installed the plug in, the only thing I see in emby is Tvmosaic recording folder. I don't see the live channels from tvmosaic. I configure the favourites in the plug in settings, channels still not available.

The plug in can see my server too. What am I missing from configuring the plug in to see the list of channels?

Is this plug in configured only to see the recordings from tvmosaic? I doubt it!

Thanks,

Try refreshing guide data. That worked for me... If you have as many channels as I do, be patient, the first run can take 30 minutes.

Sorry for bad english.

i have Emby beta and TV Mosaic. but i cant start live tv at the Moment. 

2019-04-01 08:10:15.876 Error App: [TVMosaic] - Get channel stream failed for ChannelId: 32:1089492512564030250
*** Error Report ***
Version: 4.1.0.18
Command line: C:\Users\handy\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server\system\EmbyServer.dll -noautorunwebapp
Operating system: Microsoft Windows NT 6.2.9200.0
64-Bit OS: True
64-Bit Process: True
User Interactive: True
Processor count: 16
Program data path: C:\Users\handy\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server\programdata
Application directory: C:\Users\handy\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server\system
System.MissingMethodException: System.MissingMethodException: Method not found: 'Void MediaBrowser.Model.Dto.MediaSourceInfo.set_ReadAtNativeFramerate(Boolean)'.
   at Emby.Plugins.DVBLogic.Proxies.TVServiceProxy.GetMediaSource(StreamSourceInfo streamSourceInfo)
   at Emby.Plugins.DVBLogic.Proxies.TVServiceProxy.GetChannelStreamAsync(String channelId, String mediaSourceId, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
Source: Emby.Plugins.TVMosaic
TargetSite: MediaBrowser.Model.Dto.MediaSourceInfo GetMediaSource(TSoft.TVServer.Entities.StreamSourceInfo)

2019-04-01 08:10:15.881 Error HttpServer: Error processing request
*** Error Report ***
Version: 4.1.0.18
Command line: C:\Users\handy\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server\system\EmbyServer.dll -noautorunwebapp
Operating system: Microsoft Windows NT 6.2.9200.0
64-Bit OS: True
64-Bit Process: True
User Interactive: True
Processor count: 16
Program data path: C:\Users\handy\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server\programdata
Application directory: C:\Users\handy\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server\system
MediaBrowser.Common.Extensions.ResourceNotFoundException: MediaBrowser.Common.Extensions.ResourceNotFoundException: Could not stream channel 32:1089492512564030250
   at Emby.Plugins.DVBLogic.Proxies.TVServiceProxy.GetChannelStreamAsync(String channelId, String mediaSourceId, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
   at Emby.LiveTV.LiveTvManager.GetChannelStream(String id, String mediaSourceId, List`1 currentLiveStreams, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
   at Emby.LiveTV.LiveTvMediaSourceProvider.OpenMediaSource(String openToken, List`1 currentLiveStreams, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
   at Emby.Server.Implementations.Library.MediaSourceManager.OpenLiveStreamInternal(LiveStreamRequest request, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
   at Emby.Server.Implementations.Library.MediaSourceManager.OpenLiveStream(LiveStreamRequest request, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
   at Emby.Server.MediaEncoding.Api.MediaInfoService.OpenMediaSource(OpenMediaSource request)
   at Emby.Server.MediaEncoding.Api.MediaInfoService.GetPlaybackInfo(GetPostedPlaybackInfo request, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
   at Emby.Server.MediaEncoding.Api.MediaInfoService.Post(GetPostedPlaybackInfo request)
   at Emby.Server.Implementations.Services.ServiceExecGeneral.GetTaskResult(Task task)
   at Emby.Server.Implementations.Services.ServiceHandler.ProcessRequestAsync(HttpListenerHost appHost, IRequest httpReq, IResponse httpRes, ILogger logger, String operationName, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
   at Emby.Server.Implementations.HttpServer.HttpListenerHost.RequestHandler(IRequest httpReq, String urlString, String host, String localPath, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
Source: Emby.Plugins.TVMosaic
TargetSite: Void MoveNext()

• 2 weeks later...
Siutsch

Hi.

Same problem.

I'm using Emby 4.1.0.23 together with TVMosaic@@synology NAS.

TV doesn't work with browser (Firefox), and it doesn't work with Android App (Beta) too.

It doesn't work over local access (IP), nor from outside.

I see only the spinner and there are no files in transcoding folder.

Perhaps that has something to do with new Emby Beta version?

@t.andre
Can you take a look at new Emby version 4.1.0.xx?

Edited by Siutsch