FreeNAS plugin

Luke

Barlog9511

where are those errors showing?

did you stop emby before applying the update?

what happens when you try 'service emby-server start' in the jail?

1. this error show me on dmesg

2. yes

3. services not found

I just install fresh new install of emby and link all of folders etc. to new jail and everything work fine ... 

but it will be fine just update plugin from WebUI

• Like 1

josh4trunks

1. this error show me on dmesg

2. yes

3. services not found

I just install fresh new install of emby and link all of folders etc. to new jail and everything work fine ...

but it will be fine just update plugin from WebUI

so the update still doesn't work for you? please test the command from the jail not the host

rubenverhoef

maybe a stupid question but i cannot find the library monitoring option. It is not at the Library/advanced tab... any idea?

josh4trunks

maybe a stupid question but i cannot find the library monitoring option. It is not at the Library/advanced tab... any idea?

the option was hidden from most OS's since it wasn't working/causing crashes. it's not available in the settings file only, but if this works @@Luke we may wasn't to add the option back

razzfazz

maybe a stupid question but i cannot find the library monitoring option. It is not at the Library/advanced tab... any idea?

You have to edit config/system.xml and set EnableLibraryMonitor to "Enabled":

<EnableLibraryMonitor>Enabled</EnableLibraryMonitor>

rubenverhoef

You have to edit config/system.xml and set EnableLibraryMonitor to "Enabled":

<EnableLibraryMonitor>Enabled</EnableLibraryMonitor>

Yeah i found it, changed it (and disabled every one hour library scan) and it works, my new movie is showing :)! Thanks! 

• Like 1

Kakistocrtor

I recently installed the 3.0.5785.0 PBI from the FreeNAS repository. ffmpeg is included in the PBIs, isn't it? The ffmpeg version shipped with the PBI seems to have been compiled without opus encoder support, preventing music streaming via the web client. (In my case at least)

The transcode log looks like this

http://hastebin.com/qigigibeza.mel

Note "Encoder (codec opus) not found for output stream #0:0" and "--disable-libopus". Opus decoding works without libopus, but not the encoding.

I compiled ffmpeg myself with opus support and it fixed the problem, but I think I messed up aac instead...

I didn't notice anyone else having the problem, is it just me?

And by the way, since it's my first post, thank you all very much for the great work! I love the new opus support, as soon as we can set encoding parameters manually its perfect ;)

josh4trunks

I recently installed the 3.0.5785.0 PBI from the FreeNAS repository. ffmpeg is included in the PBIs, isn't it? The ffmpeg version shipped with the PBI seems to have been compiled without opus encoder support, preventing music streaming via the web client. (In my case at least)

The transcode log looks like this

http://hastebin.com/qigigibeza.mel

Note "Encoder (codec opus) not found for output stream #0:0" and "--disable-libopus". Opus decoding works without libopus, but not the encoding.

I compiled ffmpeg myself with opus support and it fixed the problem, but I think I messed up aac instead...

I didn't notice anyone else having the problem, is it just me?

And by the way, since it's my first post, thank you all very much for the great work! I love the new opus support, as soon as we can set encoding parameters manually its perfect ;)

I'll add opus in next release I build.

keyboard99

Yeah i found it, changed it (and disabled every one hour library scan) and it works, my new movie is showing :)! Thanks! 

How do you find it? My library isn't updating so think I need to enable it

Also tried the update from the GUI, got stuck at 50%

keyboard99

On my install, system.xml is in /var/db/emby-server/config

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

newbie here, how do you find that path, is in via the shell?

spencerisadog

Yes, go to your FreeNAS gui, go to jails, highlight Emby, then click on the shell button on the bottom taskbar.  Then use the "cd" commands to get you there.  "ls -l" will show you what "folders" you have in that directory you're currently in.

pprezzla

As above, you got to jails in freenas then click on your emby jail and open the shell.

To edit the xml file you will need an editor so type:

pkg update

pkg install nano

cd /var/db/emby-server/config/

nano system.xml

It will open the file and you can either scroll down to find it or i use ctrl+w and search for it. Ctrl+o to save and ctrl+x to exit.

keyboard99

As above, you got to jails in freenas then click on your emby jail and open the shell.

To edit the xml file you will need an editor so type:

pkg update

pkg install nano

cd /var/db/emby-server/config/

nano system.xml

It will open the file and you can either scroll down to find it or i use ctrl+w and search for it. Ctrl+o to save and ctrl+x to exit.

Thanks getting this on the install

Updating local repository catalogue...

pkg: file:///usr/ports/packages/meta.txz: No such file or directory

pkg: repository local has no meta file, using default settings

pkg: file:///usr/ports/packages/digests.txz: No such file or directory

pkg: Unable to update repository local

[root@@freenas ~]# pkg install nano

Updating local repository catalogue...

pkg: file:///usr/ports/packages/meta.txz: No such file or directory

pkg: repository local has no meta file, using default settings

pkg: file:///usr/ports/packages/digests.txz: No such file or directory

pkg: Unable to update repository local

All repositories are up-to-date.

The following 2 packages will be affected (of 0 checked):

New packages to be INSTALLED:

gcc: 4.8.3_1

gcc-ecj: 4.5

The process will require 350 MB more space.

69 MB to be downloaded.

Proceed with this action? [y/N]: y

Checking integrity... done (0 conflicting)

pkg: archive_read_open_filename(/usr/ports/packages/All/gcc-ecj-4.5.txz): Failed

to open '/usr/ports/packages/All/gcc-ecj-4.5.txz'

Edited by keyboard99

pprezzla

You have to either jexec into emby jail or go to jails the launch shell from there.

From the main freenas shell type,

jexec emby_1 csh

keyboard99

Thanks all, got in there installed and updated the Xml. I have a feeling it's something up with him my emby via kodi. As I cannot see the actual files but I see the folders when inside of kodi. If I play via the emby app then the files are there. Fun all this, learning a lot.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

pprezzla

Thanks all, got in there installed and updated the Xml. I have a feeling it's something up with him my emby via kodi. As I cannot see the actual files but I see the folders when inside of kodi. If I play via the emby app then the files are there. Fun all this, learning a lot.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

I'm afraid i can't help you there, i've not looked at linking kodi yet. I've only just came to emby from plex and still learning myself

Newbie Here, 

I was in a bit of a panic this morning when I ftp'd into my server to copy some files. I thought I had been hacked! Now that I searched a bit I think it was an emby update. 

All my files under "media" show as USER:989. This appears to of happened Jan11th and 3:00am. Now I can't see some of my folders and ALL of my movie files. All I can see is the movie folders itself and .nfo.

How do I fix this??

Jeff  

josh4trunks

Newbie Here,

I was in a bit of a panic this morning when I ftp'd into my server to copy some files. I thought I had been hacked! Now that I searched a bit I think it was an emby update.

All my files under "media" show as USER:989. This appears to of happened Jan11th and 3:00am. Now I can't see some of my folders and ALL of my movie files. All I can see is the movie folders itself and .nfo.

How do I fix this??

Jeff

can you show the permissions of the files

'ls -l /path/to/media'

sluggo45

Newbie Here, 

How do I fix this??

Jeff  

You sure you have/still have a user in *the jail* that has the same UID/GUID as the user in FreeNas (for the volume)?

I.e. if your "master" permissions in FreeNas are assigned to user/group media:media with a UID/GUID of 1001:1001 you should have the same user/group and UID/GUID configured in the jail. 

This is the part that normally throws everybody off but it seems like you had it working at one point so not sure what happened there, unless the jail user got deleted?

can you show the permissions of the files

'ls -l /path/to/media'

I ran that both in root of Freenas and emby jail and it said file or path does not exist...BUT I found my files. I assume Emby created folders and .nfo files in the root of my media share. 

i.e. media /"all my movie folders"/ "*.nfo in each folder" 

What I didn't notice was media/movies/ and media/tvshows still existed.  

Jeff 

josh4trunks

I ran that both in root of Freenas and emby jail and it said file or path does not exist...BUT I found my files. I assume Emby created folders and .nfo files in the root of my media share.

i.e. media /"all my movie folders"/ "*.nfo in each folder"

What I didn't notice was media/movies/ and media/tvshows still existed.

Jeff

your supposed to replace "/path/to/media" with your actual path =P