FreeNAS plugin

Luke

your supposed to replace "/path/to/media" with your actual path =P

Damn....lack of sleep..yup, that's my excuse  ;)

Here's the result....I deleted the middle section to shorten the post

drwxrwxrwx  824 root   wheel  824 Jan 11 02:53 ./
drwxrwxr-x+   6 media  media    7 Dec 27 09:50 ../
drwxr-xr-x    2 989    wheel    3 Jan 11 02:00 10,000 B.C/
drwxr-xr-x    2 989    wheel    3 Jan 11 02:00 100 Feet/
drwxr-xr-x    2 989    wheel    3 Jan 11 02:24 Zoolander/
drwxr-xr-x    2 989    wheel    3 Jan 11 02:03 Zoom/
drwxrwxrwx    4 root   wheel    4 Dec 28 15:54 downloads/
drwxrwxrwx    4 root   wheel    4 Dec 28 15:54 videos/
drwxr-xr-x    2 989    wheel    3 Jan 11 02:03 xXx/

josh4trunks

Damn....lack of sleep..yup, that's my excuse ;)

Here's the result....I deleted the middle section to shorten the post

drwxrwxrwx 824 root wheel 824 Jan 11 02:53 ./

drwxrwxr-x+ 6 media media 7 Dec 27 09:50 ../

drwxr-xr-x 2 989 wheel 3 Jan 11 02:00 10,000 B.C/

drwxr-xr-x 2 989 wheel 3 Jan 11 02:00 100 Feet/

drwxr-xr-x 2 989 wheel 3 Jan 11 02:24 Zoolander/

drwxr-xr-x 2 989 wheel 3 Jan 11 02:03 Zoom/

drwxrwxrwx 4 root wheel 4 Dec 28 15:54 downloads/

drwxrwxrwx 4 root wheel 4 Dec 28 15:54 videos/

drwxr-xr-x 2 989 wheel 3 Jan 11 02:03 xXx/

989 is the UID for the emby user, not sure what set it to own those files.

according to Unix permissions those files/folders should be readable by anyone. but I do see a plus on your ./ directory, so windows acls might be complicating things further.

how are you trying to access the files that you are having issues? CIFS/emby?

989 is the UID for the emby user, not sure what set it to own those files.

according to Unix permissions those files/folders should be readable by anyone. but I do see a plus on your ./ directory, so windows acls might be complicating things further.

how are you trying to access the files that you are having issues? CIFS/emby?

Hey Josh, 

Sorry to confuse you....I figured out when I got home that I always had access to my original files in media/videos/movies. The issue was and I hope I can explain is. When I ftp's into media this morning I saw all my movies folders in /media. What I didn't notice is that media/videos was still there. I assume emby created the 800 folders from media/video/movies and put them in /media. This confused me as they only had the movie.nfo file in each. 

clear as mud?? 

josh4trunks

Hey Josh,

Sorry to confuse you....I figured out when I got home that I always had access to my original files in media/videos/movies. The issue was and I hope I can explain is. When I ftp's into media this morning I saw all my movies folders in /media. What I didn't notice is that media/videos was still there. I assume emby created the 800 folders from media/video/movies and put them in /media. This confused me as they only had the movie.nfo file in each.

clear as mud??

ahh, so you were just seeing emby's NFO files and got confused. I personally don't have emby write anything (couchpotato write my NFOs) so I've never dealt with anything similar.

ahh, so you were just seeing emby's NFO files and got confused. I personally don't have emby write anything (couchpotato write my NFOs) so I've never dealt with anything similar.

Ya..I have to figure all that out. Do I leave couchpotato in charge? make sure it is configured properly and stop emby from doing it OR can I get emby to put them in the original correct folder /media/videos/movies/*.* 

josh4trunks

Ya..I have to figure all that out. Do I leave couchpotato in charge? make sure it is configured properly and stop emby from doing it OR can I get emby to put them in the original correct folder /media/videos/movies/*.*

you can do whatever you like. what I personally do is have CP write NFOs that only contain the IMDB URL. that way emby can efficiently know what file it is. I don't have emby write anything.
  • Like 1

Now i use Emby on Linux workstation (KaOS) 

But i think to change for this:

FreeNAS + Xeon + emby = Good Solution ?

What you think about that.

Now i use Emby on Linux workstation (KaOS)

But i think to change for this:

FreeNAS + Xeon + emby = Good Solution ?

What you think about that.

Many here use that exact setup, myself included. Emby is working well on FreeNAS.

Sent from my HTC One M8 using Tapatalk

pprezzla

Has anyone else lost a page of plugins in the catalog since the new freenas PBI update? (3.0.5786)

I only have server and Emby classic as options now. I just signed up to premium because I was desperate to try the program launcher plugin in Emby Theatre and now it's gone!

56a37a8181bac_Untitled1.jpg

josh4trunks

@@razzfazz

Do you mind creating another freebsd bug report to add your entire patch to freebsd's ports tree?

If this gets accepted, then we can be sure all FreeBSD users can enable realtime monitoring without experiencing crashes.

@@Luke

Then it would be safe to add this switch back to the emby webui.

It should be in the latest stable. Hopefully it's not too early. I guess for now if people are turning it on and having problems then we'll just have to tell them to turn it off.

josh4trunks

It should be in the latest stable. Hopefully it's not too early. I guess for now if people are turning it on and having problems then we'll just have to tell them to turn it off.

great, I'll build the update an verify.

Hi 

This is something of a crosspost if you will from the FreeNAS>Help & Support>Plugins board I just want to figure out whats up.

I'm very new to this environment some things make a lot of sense others don't. It took me a bit but I did create a jail and install and configure MySQL, php, Apache, PhpMyAdmin and have been able to use the database from other systems. I've also installed Plex and tried it (unhappy results with it since it doesn't like the naming that I have on my files, even though Kodi loves them).

I installed the Emby Plugin and it appears to have downloaded and created it just as it is supposed to do. I can see it in the Jails and I've got the menu link to (it on the left menu sidebar under Plugins). When I click on that link and it pops its dialog up I click the "here" in the Emby Dialog that offers me "Emby can be found here by default." I get the new browser window to a valid address on my network that I've told my router to make static. 

The browser window to that valid address: http://192.168.23.190:8096/ gives me webpage is not available. I've also triedhttp://192.168.23.190:8096/web and http://192.168.23.190:8096/web/wizardstart.html that I found at the GetHub site in installation instructions (https://github.com/MediaBrowser/Wiki/wiki/Installation). Each of those take me to the same page or at least the same answer "webpage not available".

I've got no clue what else to try as when the emby_1 jail is running I can ping it. On the FreeNAS I can open the shell (in the web GUI) and its responsive to my commands (none that will make changes it it at this point).

I've done this twice now and gotten the same results and I'm relatively certain that I've followed the process correctly. Does this software work? Am I just not holding my mouth right when I click it? Is there a secret handshake or special knowledge I should have been born with? 

Any clues or suggestions would be valuable to me. While I listen for answers I'll be creating a new Jail and trying to get it installed manually to see if I can make it work that way.

Thanks
Al

Have you got the plugin turned on?

Plugins>installed

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yep, can't get to the shell in the Web GUI or ping it with valid responses if ya dont. :)  

I've been caught out with that a few times [emoji15]

At this point I'll check anything (and did).  :)

josh4trunks

Yep, can't get to the shell in the Web GUI or ping it with valid responses if ya dont. :)  

Yes you can ping the jail if the plugin is turned off.

Verify you did turn the plugin on (not just the jail).

Then show the output of the following in the emby jail.

service emby-server onestatus

pprezzla

At this point I'll check anything (and did). :)

I have had in the past, other services in my house fighting for the same ip despite me reserving the address for freenas jails. Might just be my router but could be worth a look

Yes you can ping the jail if the plugin is turned off.

Verify you did turn the plugin on (not just the jail).

Then show the output of the following in the emby jail.

service emby-server onestatus

The response from ping on my router for an unassigned address (when the plugin is off the address is unassigned but held) is basically telling me that there is nothing there. In this case there really is something there.  

In any case under Plugins>Installed> Emby (currently the only plugin installed) it is selected to "On" not "Off". 

Output:

root@emby_1:/ # service emby-server onestatus

emby_server is running as pid 12192.

root@emby_1:/ #

I have had in the past, other services in my house fighting for the same ip despite me reserving the address for freenas jails. Might just be my router but could be worth a look

I checked that and it was easily enough to verify when I deleted its reservation on the router after deleting the plugin and then reinstalled fresh.  Sadly it made no difference and I am very sure that address is clear.

josh4trunks

The response from ping on my router for an unassigned address (when the plugin is off the address is unassigned but held) is basically telling me that there is nothing there. In this case there really is something there.  

In any case under Plugins>Installed> Emby (currently the only plugin installed) it is selected to "On" not "Off". 

Output:

root@emby_1:/ # service emby-server onestatus

emby_server is running as pid 12192.

root@emby_1:/ #

The jail has the IP regardless of the plugin's ON/OFF status. If the jail is on FreeNAS creates an alias IP for that jail. Not sure why you're experiencing something different.

Looks like emby is started. I would check you can ping your computer from your emby jail to make sure routing from the jail works. If not you might want to look at the Jails > Configuration tab, and the Jails edit menu.

The jail has the IP regardless of the plugin's ON/OFF status. If the jail is on FreeNAS creates an alias IP for that jail. Not sure why you're experiencing something different.

Looks like emby is started. I would check you can ping your computer from your emby jail to make sure routing from the jail works. If not you might want to look at the Jails > Configuration tab, and the Jails edit menu.

When I shutdown the jail that is not the behavior I see. I will have to check it with the plugin off and the Jail running.

Here it is and it all worked. Pinging from the jail back to my workstation.

PING 192.168.23.199 (192.168.23.199): 56 data bytes

64 bytes from 192.168.23.199: icmp_seq=0 ttl=64 time=0.306 ms

64 bytes from 192.168.23.199: icmp_seq=1 ttl=64 time=0.218 ms

64 bytes from 192.168.23.199: icmp_seq=2 ttl=64 time=0.185 ms

64 bytes from 192.168.23.199: icmp_seq=3 ttl=64 time=0.238 ms

^C

--- 192.168.23.199 ping statistics ---

4 packets transmitted, 4 packets received, 0.0% packet loss

round-trip min/avg/max/stddev = 0.185/0.237/0.306/0.044 ms

josh4trunks

When I shutdown the jail that is not the behavior I see. I will have to check it with the plugin off and the Jail running.

Here it is and it all worked. Pinging from the jail back to my workstation.

PING 192.168.23.199 (192.168.23.199): 56 data bytes

64 bytes from 192.168.23.199: icmp_seq=0 ttl=64 time=0.306 ms

64 bytes from 192.168.23.199: icmp_seq=1 ttl=64 time=0.218 ms

64 bytes from 192.168.23.199: icmp_seq=2 ttl=64 time=0.185 ms

64 bytes from 192.168.23.199: icmp_seq=3 ttl=64 time=0.238 ms

^C

--- 192.168.23.199 ping statistics ---

4 packets transmitted, 4 packets received, 0.0% packet loss

round-trip min/avg/max/stddev = 0.185/0.237/0.306/0.044 ms

Yes if you shutdown the jail the alias IP isn't created. I'm specifically talking about having the jail (regardless of the plugin status).

Since the ping works I would check 'sockstat' to make sure emby is actually listening on the port you expect it to.