FreeNAS plugin

Luke

woodsb02

Apologies, I didn't end up getting to it this weekend. But I will look at it sometime over the next few days

scharbag

Sounds good.  If you need my help testing, let me know.

Thanks again for the great plugin for FreeNAS!!!  Simplifies my setup a bit.

Cheers,

woodsb02

@@josh4trunks

Today I discovered a problem with the init script of the freebsd port of emby-server.  I see the same script is used in the freenas plugin @ /usr/pbi/etc/rc.d/emby-server

In the pre-start section of that script it is forcing the timezone to UTC.  For me this was causing the air dates of shows to be a day off.  You should probably think about removing the ":$(TZ=UTC)" and "export UTC" from the pre-start section of that script.  That will force emby to use the localtime of the jail.

@@spencerisadog, @@josh4trunks, @@scharbag, @leetxjd:

I have submitted a FreeBSD bug report to fix this issue. For those that are interested to monitor it's progress, you can see it here:

https://bugs.freebsd.org/bugzilla/show_bug.cgi?id=207436

An update to the latest emby-server will follow once this is committed, as FreeBSD likes to keep bug fixes separate to updates.

josh4trunks

I have submitted a FreeBSD bug report to fix this issue. For those that are interested to monitor it's progress, you can see it here:

An update to the latest emby-server will follow once this is committed, as FreeBSD likes to keep bug fixes separate to updates.

awesome! thanks for the investigation. I'll build an emby update for freenas tonight.

awesome! thanks for the investigation. I'll build an emby update for freenas tonight.

Sorry to ask but will this be a full new plugin update that will get closer to the current stable emby server version?  The reason I ask is that I've had a couple of very odd errors with the latest plugin version (3.0.5821.0).  I know I should probably learn how to update the server without using the plugin but being such a noob that is a tall order.

josh4trunks

Sorry to ask but will this be a full new plugin update that will get closer to the current stable emby server version?  The reason I ask is that I've had a couple of very odd errors with the latest plugin version (3.0.5821.0).  I know I should probably learn how to update the server without using the plugin but being such a noob that is a tall order.

It will be on the latest available version. I don't know why you'd need to know how to update emby outside the plugin, you can use the update button on the FreeNAS > Plugins > Installed tab.

It will be on the latest available version. I don't know why you'd need to know how to update emby outside the plugin, you can use the update button on the FreeNAS > Plugins > Installed tab.

Not knowing that much to begin with, I'd rather not know.

:rolleyes:

I just see that the current plugin version is 3.0.5821.0 while the current stable server version is 3.0.5871.  

woodsb02

Not knowing that much to begin with, I'd rather not know.

:rolleyes:

I just see that the current plugin version is 3.0.5821.0 while the current stable server version is 3.0.5871.  

For those interested, here is the bug report for emby-server to be updated to 3.0.5871 in the FreeBSD ports tree:

https://bugs.freebsd.org/bugzilla/show_bug.cgi?id=207500

JAAlperin

Installed 3.0.5871 plugin update this morning.  Lost ordering of my folders in clients.  Cannot find where that used to be editable (GUI seems changed).  Very disappointed that I cannot control the presentation to my viewers.

Installed 3.0.5871 plugin update this morning.  Lost ordering of my folders in clients.  Cannot find where that used to be editable (GUI seems changed).  Very disappointed that I cannot control the presentation to my viewers.

Hi, try clicking your user icon in the top right, then home screen settings. Let us know how it goes. Thanks.

spencerisadog

Thanks for that.  If it works, will I need to set my Series up fresh?  They're currently a day ahead.

kjp4756

Thanks for that.  If it works, will I need to set my Series up fresh?  They're currently a day ahead.

Try a library scan first.  If that doesn't work then you'll need to refresh the metadata in the metadata manager.  I did both so I'm not sure which one fixed the dates.

cbourner

Hi,

I have just installed MB on FreeNAS 9.3.

It would seem to have gone well, except that the URL I get from clicking on the plugin icon does not respond.

The jail is on, and the plugin service is running.

What have I missed?

Cheers,

Craig

spencerisadog

Hi,

I have just installed MB on FreeNAS 9.3.

It would seem to have gone well, except that the URL I get from clicking on the plugin icon does not respond.

The jail is on, and the plugin service is running.

What have I missed?

Cheers,

Craig

Did you give it a specific IP?  If you gave it a special IP I don't think the plugin link updates until after reboot.  If you go to your jails tab and see what IP address is assigned to it, try just browsing to that IP port 8096 (example 192.168.1.100:8096).

• 2 weeks later...
jkotecki

I recently installed FreeNAS 9.3 and the Emby plugin. I was playing around with collections the other day and I couldn't figure out how to delete a collection. I see the option to edit the collection but not delete. Eventually what I did was a search which showed the collection and the I was able to delete it. I think there should be a way to delete collections through the Metadata Manager.

I recently installed FreeNAS 9.3 and the Emby plugin. I was playing around with collections the other day and I couldn't figure out how to delete a collection. I see the option to edit the collection but not delete. Eventually what I did was a search which showed the collection and the I was able to delete it. I think there should be a way to delete collections through the Metadata Manager.

Hi, welcome. You have to ensure your Emby user has delete privileges, and then several screens will make delete buttons available.

woodsb02

@@Luke I think we should close this thread or blocks it's use somehow so that people must create a unique thread for each new problem. We can rename the folder from FreeBSD to "FreeBSD / FreeNAS" to let people know new threads for either are welcome here. Thoughts?

kjp4756

@@Luke I think we should close this thread or blocks it's use somehow so that people must create a unique thread for each new problem. We can rename the folder from FreeBSD to "FreeBSD / FreeNAS" to let people know new threads for either are welcome here. Thoughts?

Unique threads is a great idea.  I don't think renaming the forum to FreeBSD/FreeNAS is a good idea just yet.  I've heard freenas 10 will be using docker for plugins.  There was mention about docker hub specifically.  I'm not sure if that could mean freenas 10 users could make use of the already existing docker plugin for emby.

josh4trunks

Unique threads is a great idea. I don't think renaming the forum to FreeBSD/FreeNAS is a good idea just yet. I've heard freenas 10 will be using docker for plugins. There was mention about docker hub specifically. I'm not sure if that could mean freenas 10 users could make use of the already existing docker plugin for emby.

I doubt freenas10 will only offer docker (which relies on the Linux layer) only. I believe they will still have an application container of some sort so native to freebsd applications work.

Thanks, if it becomes a pattern I will. I think some people are intimidated about opening new topics so that's why i try not to lock topics unless we really have to.

Hisma

hi guys

haven't posted here in a while.  i'm experiencing some annoying issues and I'm not sure if this is a plugin issue or an emby server issue.  But here goes -

I recently re-arranged my library as my media downloader was dropping TVs & movies into their respective directories in a non-orderly manner.  So I went through and cleaned up and re-arranged all the media folders.  Great.  What has happened however is that emby still seems to be seeing the TV & movie files in their old location, despite doing regular library scans.

Strange thing though is that the server happily adds new files no problem.  It's just that it hasn't picked up that I moved a bunch of files and thinks they are in their old place.

Does that make sense?  Can anyone help?

TIA

Edited by Hisma