FreeNAS plugin

Luke

sluggo45

Seems to work ok for me in a test jail. Are there other changes? FFMpeg looks like it is still 2.7.2 - the 2.8.x (2.8.4) branch is generally better and includes the new "built in" AAC decoder which the FFMpeg team recommends as the default now; it's supposedly better and isn't encumbered by licensing or GPL issues.

I use it currently with my main install (I manually updated Emby using the Emby-mono.zip for 5785, also build FFMpeg and Mono myself and changed the init script to use them) with no problems, but I'm not 100% on whether there are reasons not to use it on FreeBSD/FreeNAS with Emby or not. Seems to work fine transcoding. 

razzfazz

Will your update actually enable the realtime library monitor by default as well? I believe Luke recently disabled it for everything except Windows...

josh4trunks

Will your update actually enable the realtime library monitor by default as well? I believe Luke recently disabled it for everything except Windows...

nope

keyboard99

Thanks Vidman just seen this after deleting my post. Guess what I had just done. Path sun worked a treat.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

josh4trunks

Seems to work ok for me in a test jail. Are there other changes? FFMpeg looks like it is still 2.7.2 - the 2.8.x (2.8.4) branch is generally better and includes the new "built in" AAC decoder which the FFMpeg team recommends as the default now; it's supposedly better and isn't encumbered by licensing or GPL issues.

I use it currently with my main install (I manually updated Emby using the Emby-mono.zip for 5785, also build FFMpeg and Mono myself and changed the init script to use them) with no problems, but I'm not 100% on whether there are reasons not to use it on FreeBSD/FreeNAS with Emby or not. Seems to work fine transcoding. 

When I build the ffmpeg port, which option do I need to enable to use the built in AAC decoder? Or do I just disable everything (currently enabling AACPLUS) and it will be used?

alscritter

Hello all,

I'm on version 3.0.5781.8 and a some what newbie to freenas.

On my emby server GUI it states that there is a new version available Version 3.0.5785.0. When I go to my freenas plugins it does not give me the option to upgrade. Previously it would give me the option to upgrade. I was wondering if the plugin upgrade has been pushed to freenas or do I need to upload a file and upgrade that way.

PhilWhite

From what I understand Josh is still working on it.  The plugin upgrade should be available shortly.

Edited by PhilWhite

spencerisadog

Hello all,

I'm on version 3.0.5781.8 and a some what newbie to freenas.

On my emby server GUI it states that there is a new version available Version 3.0.5785.0. When I go to my freenas plugins it does not give me the option to upgrade. Previously it would give me the option to upgrade. I was wondering if the plugin upgrade has been pushed to freenas or do I need to upload a file and upgrade that way.

The pbi (updated install in your FreeNAS available plugins) gets built by Josh4Trunks.  The "update available" does not always line up with the FreeNAS available plugins.  If you installed it manually, then you can update it manually, but most of us just wait for Josh to publish the pbi to the FreeNAS directory.

josh4trunks

If I don't get a reply about the new AAC I'll post the PBI I linked previously to the freenas repo, would be available tomorrow morning.

Barlog9511

i doesnt start emby after upgrade ..

i have error like this

Freed UMA keg (udp_inpcb) was not empty (30 items).  Lost 3 pages of memory. 
Freed UMA keg (udpcb) was not empty (249 items).  Lost 1 pages of memory. 
ifa_del_loopback_route: deletion failed: 48 

josh4trunks

i doesnt start emby after upgrade ..

i have error like this

Freed UMA keg (udp_inpcb) was not empty (30 items). Lost 3 pages of memory.

Freed UMA keg (udpcb) was not empty (249 items). Lost 1 pages of memory.

ifa_del_loopback_route: deletion failed: 48

where are those errors showing?

did you stop emby before applying the update?

what happens when you try 'service emby-server start' in the jail?

sluggo45

When I build the ffmpeg port, which option do I need to enable to use the built in AAC decoder? Or do I just disable everything (currently enabling AACPLUS) and it will be used?

Sorry for the delay Josh. It's libfdk_aac that is the native one. I think it is the default now unless you choose another one of the AAC decoders.

Note that if you build with "nonfree" disabled it won't use it because it's not compatible with the GPL (it's under LGPL 2.1 like the most of the rest of FFMpeg). 

Edited by sluggo45

josh4trunks

Sorry for the delay Josh. It's libfdk_aac that is the native one. I think it is the default now unless you choose another one of the AAC decoders.

Note that if you build with "nonfree" disabled it won't use it because it's not compatible with the GPL (it's under LGPL 2.1 like the most of the rest of FFMpeg). 

Thanks, I'll use that one next time I build an update.

It looks like with the freebsd port FDK_AAC it is disabled by default (probably because of licensing reasons). But if you do enable it, it automatically enableds the NONFREE option.

josh4trunks

@@sluggo45

From reading this it looks like the native AAC encoder and libfdk_aac are actually different things. And maybe I can just disable FDK_AAC and AACPLUS and aac encoding will still work with the native encoder?

Something we can test out.