Trakt scrobbling from Emby Connect on Android TV

fixedtheglitch

fixedtheglitch

Is there a tool or add on that allows you to sync your Trakt watched state/history with an Emby Connect account from the client side? I do not have access to install something on the server, but it would seem that something client-side should be able to scrobble to Trakt. 

GrimReaper
1 hour ago, fixedtheglitch said:

Is there a tool or add on that allows you to sync your Trakt watched state/history with an Emby Connect account from the client side?

Nope, server-side plugin is required.

1 hour ago, fixedtheglitch said:

I do not have access to install something on the server, but it would seem that something client-side should be able to scrobble to Trakt.

In that scenario, going Kodi-route would be the only solution currently.

fixedtheglitch
12 minutes ago, GrimReaper said:

Nope, server-side plugin is required.

In that scenario, going Kodi-route would be the only solution currently.

I've played around with Kodi, but do not quite understand how to get it to be the front end for my Emby account. It seems to only show the movies and shows under the Add-ons section in a directory format. I must clearly not know what I'm doing because I was under the impression that Kodi could serve as an arguably better UI for Emby. Do you know of instructions online that show how to setup Kodi correctly as the player for Emby on Android TV (Nvidia Shield TV Pro)? 

Lastly, assuming I get that figured out, what's the solution to get Kodi to sync with Trakt? 

GrimReaper
4 minutes ago, fixedtheglitch said:

I've played around with Kodi, but do not quite understand how to get it to be the front end for my Emby account. It seems to only show the movies and shows under the Add-ons section in a directory format. I must clearly not know what I'm doing because I was under the impression that Kodi could serve as an arguably better UI for Emby. Do you know of instructions online that show how to setup Kodi correctly as the player for Emby on Android TV (Nvidia Shield TV Pro)? 

There are two venues you can take in respect to Kodi:

Emby For Kodi Next Gen

EmbyCon

You can compare Pros and Cons of each approach and decide which one suits you better. Post any questions in related forum.

6 minutes ago, fixedtheglitch said:

Lastly, assuming I get that figured out, what's the solution to get Kodi to sync with Trakt? 

I would assume in that case you'd want Emby For Kodi Next Gen as other Kodi-addons (Trakt being one of which) can use data from the db.

hi, why can't you install on the server? is it not your server?

Shattered
On 3/19/2024 at 12:17 AM, Luke said:

hi, why can't you install on the server? is it not your server?

Sometimes friends will share their server but can't be arsed to set up the trakt plugin or they are still on an old version and dont want to add peoples trakt manually. also some people prefer to use simkl which is another service like trakt. 

trakt or simkl being part of the player or webapp would take away those issues. also would be nice to have an integrated watchlist using either of those

• Thanks 1