embyforkodi (next-gen) 10.X.X support

quickmic

quickmic
18 minutes ago, FrostByte said:

@quickmic Did you get the chance to add that third hdrtype?  Actually, none of them are showing up for me so after you've added DV I'll probably have to post over there, but wanted to make sure they are all being populated first.

If you mean the same thing as me, the 3rd type is an Emby server issue. It's not tagged, only two of them.

FrostByte
3 minutes ago, quickmic said:

If you mean the same thing as me, the 3rd type is an Emby server issue. It's not tagged, only two of them.

Okay, for some reason I was thinking DV was the third type which wasn't added when you added the first two.  However, I was hoping DV was now being tagged by Emby because it now tags DV for media which was added at the end of the 4.8 cycle.

quickmic
6 minutes ago, FrostByte said:

Okay, for some reason I was thinking DV was the third type which wasn't added when you added the first two.  However, I was hoping DV was now being tagged by Emby because it now tags DV for media which was added at the end of the 4.8 cycle.

hlg is the missing one

• Like 1

FrostByte
6 minutes ago, quickmic said:

hlg is the missing one

Thanks.  I no longer have any hlg so not too worried about that one. 

Do you know of any tool I can show them that the information for DOLBYVISION and HDR10 is entered into Kodi correctly?   I'm being told by them it should work and it's my data.

So, every time Arctic Fuse comes out with an update I have to edit the code to do a search string to add the hdrtype/flags.

quickmic
29 minutes ago, FrostByte said:

Thanks.  I no longer have any hlg so not too worried about that one. 

Do you know of any tool I can show them that the information for DOLBYVISION and HDR10 is entered into Kodi correctly?   I'm being told by them it should work and it's my data.

So, every time Arctic Fuse comes out with an update I have to edit the code to do a search string to add the hdrtype/flags.

sqlite browser -> open MyVideosXX.db -> table streamdetails

• Thanks 1

838Joel

Hi Quickmic,

I have a QNAP setup running Kodi 20.2, using 10.0.6, wanted to upgrade to 10.0.9 but could not connect to emby server!

Updated the latest audio/image to 10.0.1... oh just saw there is a video 10.0.9 to install also, that might be my problem!

Anyway here is the log when it failed: https://paste.kodi.tv/upelaxosal

I had to downgrade to 10.0.7 to have it install without problem. BTW I had to downgrade urllib3 to make it install.

Over that I install the Embuary MOD 2 skin which you suggest in a previous post, I really like it and work perfectly on my Google TV setup, but once again on the QNAP setup it install except for Embuary helper which always give error, here is log: https://paste.kodi.tv/aziyawiyok

You have an idea why?

Thanks,

Joel

PXL_20240317_001612559.jpg

quickmic
28 minutes ago, 838Joel said:

Over that I install the Embuary MOD 2 skin which you suggest in a previous post, I really like it and work perfectly on my Google TV setup, but once again on the QNAP setup it install except for Embuary helper which always give error, here is log: https://paste.kodi.tv/aziyawiyok

Because the pillow library is not installed.

However, you don't need any of this helpers. Disable all of them. embuary.helper, embuary.info

• Like 1

FrostByte
19 hours ago, quickmic said:

sqlite browser -> open MyVideosXX.db -> table streamdetails

Might be looking at this wrong, but all I'm seeing is NULL for hdrtype for all movies.  Do I need to reset my db, or could something have changed on Kodi side?

image.thumb.jpeg.5a6b86491f3ab673bc19ba4cddf48a02.jpeg

quickmic
Posted (edited)
48 minutes ago, 838Joel said:

I had to downgrade to 10.0.7 to have it install without problem. BTW I had to downgrade urllib3 to make it install.

Downgrade? You are already running a very old version. -> script.module.urllib3 v1.26.16+matrix.1

Mine is script.module.urllib3 v2.1.0

I'll change the dependency requirements in next version to at least urllib3 2.0

Edited by quickmic
  • Like 1

quickmic
5 minutes ago, FrostByte said:

Might be looking at this wrong, but all I'm seeing is NULL for hdrtype for all movies.  Do I need to reset my db, or could something have changed on Kodi side?

image.thumb.jpeg.5a6b86491f3ab673bc19ba4cddf48a02.jpeg

Did you sort by strHdrType?

FrostByte
6 minutes ago, quickmic said:

Did you sort by strHdrType?

If I sort by that column it looks like all my 4K movies have blank hdrtype and then I have one movie which is 1080p and it shows "hdr10".

image.thumb.jpeg.8db07a3eaa45cb68440200330e40f140.jpeg

FrostByte

Actually, I have a lot of 2160p and1080p movies which are blank.  Only that one 1080p movie though shows an actual hdrtype

quickmic
2 minutes ago, FrostByte said:

If I sort by that column it looks like all my 4K movies have blank hdrtype and then I have one movie which is 1080p and it shows "hdr10".

image.thumb.jpeg.8db07a3eaa45cb68440200330e40f140.jpeg

The plugin can only assign tags if they have a codectag in Emby. I explained that somewhere in the 9.X thread. No codectag info, no strHdrType. I think, that's the case.

FrostByte

Do you mean video range?  Because at least on the mediainfo page that's what displays HDR10 or DOLBYVISION

image.jpeg.e3cf0c92dae02376d720b2a23d4b4605.jpeg

quickmic
                if CodecTag == "dvhe":
                    StreamData['hdrtype'] = "dolbyvision"
                elif CodecTag == "hvc1":
                    StreamData['hdrtype'] = "hdr10"

Screenshot from 2024-03-17 15-25-27.png

quickmic
Just now, FrostByte said:

Do you mean video range?  Because at least on the mediainfo page that's what displays HDR10 or DOLBYVISION

image.jpeg.e3cf0c92dae02376d720b2a23d4b4605.jpeg

Yep codec tag info is missing. If you have a better idea for mapping, I'm open for it.

FrostByte
2 minutes ago, quickmic said:

Yep codec tag info is missing. If you have a better idea for mapping, I'm open for it.

Maybe Luke has a better idea, but I would suggest video range which Emby populates automatically with either "DolbyVision" or "HDR 10" and I'm pretty sure "HLG"

Do you know how you're getting the tags?

quickmic
Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, FrostByte said:

Maybe Luke has a better idea, but I would suggest video range which Emby populates automatically with either "DolbyVision" or "HDR 10" and I'm pretty sure "HLG"

Do you know how you're getting the tags?

I assume from ffmpeg/ffprobe.

ffprobe -show_format -show_streams /mnt/storage0/transfer/emby-test/hdr\ \(copy\)/LG\ Chess\ 4K\ Demo/LG\ Chess\ 4K\ Demo.mp4

return value: codec_tag_string

Edited by quickmic

FrostByte

Okay, I'm not sure how that tag is getting input in the files, but none of my movies have that.

codec_tag_string=[0][0][0][0]

Still seems like it would be simpler to use Emby's video range which I'm pretty sure supports all 3 HDR types :)

• Like 1

quickmic
21 minutes ago, FrostByte said:

Emby's video range

I'll check that, depends if this info is reported via Emby's API.

• Thanks 1

Andy2k
On 3/15/2024 at 2:50 PM, quickmic said:

New PUBLIC TESTING version available 10.0.8:

Delta changelog 10.0.7 -> 10.0.8

remove kodi workaround option (fixes are added dynamically)
fix API issues
replace requests with urllib3
fix 'FreeTypeFont' object has no attribute 'getsize' -> python pillow api change
workaround for Kodi chapter bugs for MusicVideos and Movies played via widgets
remove reuselanguageinvoker -> causes Kodi issues
fix File name too long issue
fix playertracker issue

@Andy2k

This version might fix the issue with the native content, but not sure. If yes, I'll backport it to 9.X

@quickmic

It looks like this and the following version fix the play state syncing issue after playing native, non-synced content.

Thx

• Thanks 1

Pejamas
9 hours ago, quickmic said:

I assume from ffmpeg/ffprobe.

ffprobe -show_format -show_streams /mnt/storage0/transfer/emby-test/hdr\ \(copy\)/LG\ Chess\ 4K\ Demo/LG\ Chess\ 4K\ Demo.mp4

return value: codec_tag_string

I think i mentioned this last time, but its an mp4 vs mkv issue. mp4 gives a codec, mkv does not. Side note, .ts files also give a codec code.

Edited by Pejamas
  • Like 1

FrostByte
37 minutes ago, Pejamas said:

I think i mentioned this last time, but its an mp4 vs mkv issue. mp4 gives a codec, mkv does not. Side note, .ts files also give a codec code.

Thanks.  I believe  @Grumpy1 mentioned he noticed that with his mp4/mkv files also.  Unfortunately, all my files are mkv.

Another reason to use Emby's video range.  Hopefully quickmic finds it is being reported by the API.

FrostByte

I mentioned earlier that I have one 1080p mkv file which ffprobe identified.  So, it might be only 2160p mkv files which do not display the codec tag.  This is the only 1080p HDR10 file I have.  Enola Holmes which is a Netflix movie.

Video 
ID : 1 
Format : HEVC 
Format/Info : High Efficiency Video Coding 
Format profile : Main 10@L4@Main 
HDR format : SMPTE ST 2086, HDR10 compatible 
Codec ID : V_MPEGH/ISO/HEVC 
Duration : 2 h 2 min 
Bit rate : 4 317 kb/s 
Width : 1 920 pixels 
Height : 1 080 pixels 
Display aspect ratio : 16:9