embyforkodi (next-gen) 10.X.X support

quickmic

muzicman0
10 hours ago, quickmic said:

Hmm, there shouldn't be any difference between SMB and NFS content. I'll perform a test.

Sounds a bit both issues, yours and the one from @Andy2kare based on the same problem.

Very similar for sure.  In my case I am ONLY using Emby sources.  Not sure if it matters, but in my case, the NFS was a substitution path.  And, as mentioned earlier, there were 2 Folders added to this particular library.

The paths for my TV Shows library were:

1. \\10.3.0.140\TV\TV
  2. \\10.3.0.130\TV2
    1. network path: nfs://10.3.0.130/volume2/TV2

(the above network path is from memory, the format may be wrong.  I have already removed it and don't remember exactly how the NFS string was formatted)

I was only having issues on files that were in the TV2 folder.  Once I changed it so that there was no network path (IE: it was ONLY using SMB), then it works just fine.

I hope that makes sense.

quickmic
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Andy2k said:

Ok, i do some tests with the latest 10.x.x version and post a log if necessary. I guess 9.x.x is EOL soon anyway, so i will upgrade my clients to the 10.x.x tree.

Thank you.

9.X will get bugfixes but only for regular use cases.

Your's is not a regular case.

If it's an easy fix, I'll backport those too but not if major changes are needed.

Edit:

I also check with 9.X still no issue found. As mentioned, I need a log otherwise I cannot track the issue.

Edited by quickmic

quickmic
Posted (edited)
On 3/11/2024 at 11:44 AM, rossome said:

As you mentioned in out DMs, the missing image issue was related to the new fontconfig 2.15. Downgrading to 2.14 resolves this issue for me for the time being.

fyi, I think I found a workaround, but additional testing is pending. I'll include the fix in next version.

Edited by quickmic

djon

Downloaded latest nightly Kodi 21 coreelec and tried to install Emby next gen, but it can't due to lacking dependencies script module dateutil and another one. Does it not work in Kodi 21? Or can I somehow install them manually? 

Edited by djon

muzicman0
22 hours ago, quickmic said:

@muzicman0

Please also upload a kodi.log for review.

Sorry, I didn't get to this, and I changed my setup to a working setup, so not sure the logs will tell you anything now.

I am having one other issue.  If I delete a single episode within a season, it makes other episodes disappear.  the files are still there, and I can 'repair' the library and they are back, but all the images/descriptions/etc of the remaining episodes are blank.

FrostByte
1 hour ago, djon said:

Downloaded latest nightly Kodi 21 coreelec and tried to install Emby next gen, but it can't due to lacking dependencies script module dateutil and another one. Does it not work in Kodi 21? Or can I somehow install them manually? 

Did you install the 3 zip files in the order specified in the first post?

quickmic
20 hours ago, muzicman0 said:

Sorry, I didn't get to this, and I changed my setup to a working setup, so not sure the logs will tell you anything now.

I am having one other issue.  If I delete a single episode within a season, it makes other episodes disappear.  the files are still there, and I can 'repair' the library and they are back, but all the images/descriptions/etc of the remaining episodes are blank.

I'll check that.

quickmic
Posted (edited)
21 hours ago, muzicman0 said:

I've checked with 2 Emby server versions (stable and beta) with 2 different folder structures. I cannot find any issue yet. Do you have any additional information?

Edited by quickmic

quickmic
Posted (edited)
On 3/13/2024 at 10:42 AM, Andy2k said:

I must correct myself...i had a similar issue in the 8.x.x tree, it was fixed i version 8.2.10

https://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/116208-embyforkodi-next-gen-8xx-support/page/19/#comment-1268290

Im not tested the 10.x.x tree yet, but this issue is back in the 9.x.x tree, at least the latest few versions. So i guess the 10.x.x tree have the same issue...

I use a temp folder on my nas, smb mounted, not synced to emby or kodi. Just a source in kodi, like an external drive and using kodi only as player. Just play a file...

<source>
            <name>TMP Ordner</name>
            <path pathversion="1">smb://192.168.0.41/video/TMP Ordner/</path>
            <allowsharing>true</allowsharing>
        </source> 

After i played a file from there syncing the watched / progress status kodi <>emby fails on regular synced content like episodes. E.g. kodi set the episodes to "watched", and within a second E4K set the episode back to the state before, like "unwatched" or "in progress". On the emby server the files will not updated too...this will happends as long as i not restart kodi.

The contet in the temp folder is different to the synced kodi/emby content, local, client based progress updates there are ok. It just breaks progress updates on synced (emby) content i play after such a file...

I case you cant get me i send a pm in german;)

I did another testing, still no issue found (with 10.x and 9.x). I guess I really need a kodi.log.

Edited by quickmic

quickmic
Posted (edited)

New PUBLIC TESTING version available 10.0.8:

Delta changelog 10.0.7 -> 10.0.8

remove kodi workaround option (fixes are added dynamically)
fix API issues
replace requests with urllib3
fix 'FreeTypeFont' object has no attribute 'getsize' -> python pillow api change
workaround for Kodi chapter bugs for MusicVideos and Movies played via widgets
remove reuselanguageinvoker -> causes Kodi issues
fix File name too long issue
fix playertracker issue

@Andy2k

This version might fix the issue with the native content, but not sure. If yes, I'll backport it to 9.X

Edited by quickmic

Imi81

Hello! emby next gen kodi stable version. Unfortunately, the skip intro doesn't work! is it possible that there will be an update in the near future that will fix this problem? thank you in advance for your answer!

the skip intro works with the embycon addon, but I don't like to use it. Of course I am an emby premiere subscriber.

quickmic
Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, Imi81 said:

Hello! emby next gen kodi stable version. Unfortunately, the skip intro doesn't work! is it possible that there will be an update in the near future that will fix this problem? thank you in advance for your answer!

the skip intro works with the embycon addon, but I don't like to use it. Of course I am an emby premiere subscriber.

You are the first reporting skip intro wouldn't work. btw, this is the 10.X channel. Stable is 9.X. Anyway, I assume you tried a resync?

If so, I need a kodi debug-log when you play content that should have an intro skipped. Send de (debug) log via PM not in public.

Also use default skin as a test case.

Edited by quickmic

Imi81

Where can I find it?

the skip intro does not work with a freshly installed emby next gen. I forgot to write this earlier. Kodi is running on TCL 55C745 Android TV and I'm trying this there.

Edited by Imi81
  • Like 1

Imi81

I'll check right now, I'm not at home right now. but 10 minutes and I'll be home.

quickmic
1 minute ago, Imi81 said:

I'll check right now, I'm not at home right now. but 10 minutes and I'll be home.

no rush 😉

Imi81

The TV does not allow opening the Android / data folder, so I cannot view the log file.I tried with several file explorers and gave it permission, but it won't allow it. I wrote it wrong before! The tcl 55C745 TV has Google TV, not Android TV.If that even matters.

quickmic
Posted (edited)
1 minute ago, Imi81 said:

The TV does not allow opening the Android / data folder, so I cannot view the log file.I tried with several file explorers and gave it permission, but it won't allow it. I wrote it wrong before! The tcl 55C745 TV has Google TV, not Android TV.If that even matters.

Check out https://kodi.wiki/view/Log_file

There are upload addon for Kodi available. -> https://kodi.wiki/view/Add-on:Kodi_Logfile_Uploader

Edited by quickmic

quickmic
Posted (edited)

@Imi81

btw, I doubt that the skip intro is not working. I assume this is just a side effect. Actually I've a pretty good idea why you think the skip intro is the problem.

You could try 9.X beta or 10.X and see if it works there. I fixed some issues which could address the problem you have.

I hope you handle the log upload. Then it should be clear what really triggered the issue.

Edited by quickmic

Imi81

log upload succeeded! Before that, I started a couple of series episodes that have an intro and it doesn't detect it, I hope I did it right.

https://paste.kodi.tv/lediyiwujo

I'll send you a picture if you can just look at it.

should i try the 10.x beta? Or wait until you notice something in the log file?

IMG_4201.jpeg

Edited by Imi81
  • Like 1

quickmic
7 minutes ago, Imi81 said:

log upload succeeded! I started a couple of series episodes before that, which have an intro and it doesn't detect it, I hope I did it right.

https://paste.kodi.tv/lediyiwujo

if that doesn't work, I'll send a picture

IMG_4201.jpeg

Interesting, not what I expected. I continue review...

Meanwhile, please disable embycon and update to 9.X beta and check again.

quickmic
Posted (edited)

I see, you have disabled the debug log mode in Kodi! Please leave it enabled, and I only need the log when you play content (you think should have a skip intro mark).

Enable debug log mode in Kodi. Stop Kodi. Start Kodi, play content and upload the log. That's what I need.

On the plus side, no player crash. Actually, that's what I was counting for.

Edited by quickmic