embyforkodi (next-gen) 10.X.X support

quickmic

Kyrunner

Is there anyway for forcing Kodi to use my local movie trailer's?  I’m not talking about cinema intro local trailers. I’m talking about when you select the movie and go to information and click on trailers. Currently it goes to YouTube is there anyway to make Kodi  use your local trailers? 

quickmic
Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, Kyrunner said:

Is there anyway for forcing Kodi to use my local movie trailer's?  I’m not talking about cinema intro local trailers. I’m talking about when you select the movie and go to information and click on trailers. Currently it goes to YouTube is there anyway to make Kodi  use your local trailers? 

Probably possible when the plugin fully supports Kodi 21s new multiversion. Currently I cannot dev that, cause Kodi's repository is abandoned and the flatpak beta versions are not updated since month.

Edited by quickmic
  • Like 1

Kyrunner

Running Kodi Omega rc2 with Kodi for Emby 10.0.11

i downloaded TV Tunes and Synced themes in Kodi for Emby.  when I go to the movie the theme will play but it’s like a separate movie playing it’s not playing like in the background behind the movie. Is this a skin issue or is it a setting issue? Shouldn’t the theme play in the background of the movie like it does on the MB clients.

on Kodi , the theme will play, but it’s like a separate video playing

quickmic
4 hours ago, Kyrunner said:

Running Kodi Omega rc2 with Kodi for Emby 10.0.11

i downloaded TV Tunes and Synced themes in Kodi for Emby.  when I go to the movie the theme will play but it’s like a separate movie playing it’s not playing like in the background behind the movie. Is this a skin issue or is it a setting issue? Shouldn’t the theme play in the background of the movie like it does on the MB clients.

on Kodi , the theme will play, but it’s like a separate video playing

e4k is not involved in themes playback. That's tvtunes duty and I think on purpose.

Kyrunner

I have a recommendation in the context menu of the movie you have Emby specials and Emby download and Emby favorites and Emby watched together and Emby remote play and Emby client. Can you also add Emby local trailers and points to the local trailer of the movie. My set up is A movie folder and inside I have the main movie and then folder of trailers. Would it be to hard to add Emby local trailer in the context menu that points to the trailer folder of the movie. 

838Joel
On 3/17/2024 at 9:22 AM, 838Joel said:

Over that I install the Embuary MOD 2 skin which you suggest in a previous post, I really like it and work perfectly on my Google TV setup, but once again on the QNAP setup it install except for Embuary helper which always give error, here is log: https://paste.kodi.tv/aziyawiyok

Because the pillow library is not installed.

However, you don't need any of this helpers. Disable all of them. embuary.helper, embuary.info

Hi Quickmic,

FYI, from a previous post I wrote, you mentioned that disable all of them... But I tried that and did not work... Anyhow I revert back to the default skin on this QNAP setup... No big deal for now!

838Joel

image.png.e19d2dd6ed60a2d8f9250159fc219213.png

For this setup on QNAP, I was on 10.0.7 using an older urllib3 v1.26 (This was working).

I tried everything to make it work with urllib3 v2.10 (default version on QNAP) and trying to install from scratch 10.0.11! it never work! Always an error and therefore I was not able to run Kodi logfile Uploader to capture the log (probably because this is not working with urllib3 v2.10 either!).

Anyhow, I revert back to an older plugin 9.4.20, and had to downgrade again urllib3 v1.26 to make it work. Until there is a permanent solution I won't change that setup with newer plugin version!

You probably don't have the HW to replicated that, but maybe someone is using a QNAP and have figure out the issue!

I think the fact I have to downgrade the urllib3 was since the latest HybridDesk Station upgrade which created an issue with Kodi+Emby plugin. and I have found the information that we have to downgrade urllib3 to make it work again in the past....

Here is a link to that reference: https://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/124111-emby-for-kodi-next-gen-does-not-install/&do=findComment&comment=1315531

I will eventually change the TV of this setup, and use Google Android TV and phase out Kodi from the QNAP and use the TV instead (Which is my other setup and work good!). But there is maybe other that use QNAP and have the same issue... So I guess a fix will benefit others as well :)

Thanks for your usual help and expertise on that!

Regards,

Joel

quickmic

I really hope QNAP fixes this issue. I don't want rollback to requests library (which can handle both, urllib3 v1 and v2).

838Joel
1 hour ago, quickmic said:

I really hope QNAP fixes this issue. I don't want rollback to requests library (which can handle both, urllib3 v1 and v2).

Agreed! But is it QNAP or the Kodi package that need to be fix? https://www.myqnap.org/product/kodi-20/

Reading the reviews on this Kodi package link, looks like a know issue and was raised here: https://forum.qnap.com/viewtopic.php?t=172453

Also this quote from the review that explain a lot:

QoolBox 17 December 2023

hi, it is a known issue… Pyhon depends from HDStation Environment who cannot be upgrade … Qnap R&D must update HDStation core to be able to run an higher Python Version…

And from QNAP thread: https://forum.qnap.com/viewtopic.php?p=855896#p855896

Looks more on QNAP end using Ubuntu 18.04... Looks there is some work around, but this manual command to run to use a more recent version of Python but not sure this is the way to go!

Edited by 838Joel

quickmic
Posted (edited)
44 minutes ago, 838Joel said:

Agreed! But is it QNAP or the Kodi package that need to be fix? https://www.myqnap.org/product/kodi-20/

Reading the reviews on this Kodi package link, looks like a know issue and was raised here: https://forum.qnap.com/viewtopic.php?t=172453

Also this quote from the review that explain a lot:

QoolBox 17 December 2023

hi, it is a known issue… Pyhon depends from HDStation Environment who cannot be upgrade … Qnap R&D must update HDStation core to be able to run an higher Python Version…

And from QNAP thread: https://forum.qnap.com/viewtopic.php?p=855896#p855896

Looks more on QNAP end using Ubuntu 18.04... Looks there is some work around, but this manual command to run to use a more recent version of Python but not sure this is the way to go!

Well, I'll not start debugging qnap core issues. Seems to be EOL and I wouldn't count on any fixes from qnap. It's the usual pattern for such hardware devices which are not (I assume) open source.

Also Kodi has it's own python integration, however as far as I know urllib3 uses "native" parts of the underlying OS (usually written in C).

I'll try to support urllib3 (the API has changed from v1 to v2). At least it should work by then. It will not solve the other issues I saw in your log like the pillow library.

The e4k plugin uses this library as well (if available). You lose (actually never worked for qnap) image overlays which are used for bookmarks/chapter/downloads etc.

This is probably not a big deal for you, however your helper plugins also crash.

btw, I'm on vacation starting from Tuesday for 3 weeks, so will take a while.

Edited by quickmic

838Joel
1 hour ago, quickmic said:

btw, I'm on vacation starting from Tuesday for 3 weeks, so will take a while.

Thanks for all the details you provide... No rush at all, enjoy your vacation... Mine start Friday for a little more than a week  :)

• Like 1

whisperer

Hi, I found that some Chinese translations could be improved. How can I help with that?

Thanks.

quickmic
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, whisperer said:

Hi, I found that some Chinese translations could be improved. How can I help with that?

Thanks.

Thanks for the offer. I can only use an auto translate 😉

Here is the language file.

strings.po

Edited by quickmic

whisperer

Hi, I've fixed some translation errors and improved expressions. However, not all translations are perfect yet due to the complexity of certain settings that require further research for accurate understanding. Thanks.

strings.po

• Thanks 1

DarWun
On 3/23/2024 at 1:57 AM, quickmic said:

The plugin has no issues and it's defiantly not related to .11 version. Howevere, your Kodi installation reports crap.

EMBY.hooks.player: playercommand received: ('avstart', '{"item":{"type":"unknown"},"player":{"playerid":-1,"speed":1}}')

I think Kodi installation is broken, no idea why or you trigger playback in a special way.

Standard procedure: Test via PC/Laptop with stock Kodi and just the plugin installed. I'm quite sure, there will be zero issues.

I've done some additional testing to try and pinpoint the cause of the issue. This started happening several days after updating to LibreElec 12 (Omega) Beta 1. I had just updated to E4K .11, so I initially thought that the issue stemmed from that. I restored a backup from prior to the LibreElec update and reinstalled E4K .11. I then upgraded to LibreElec 12 again. Within two days of doing that, E4K stopped reporting Movie playback to Emby.

Earlier tonight I reverted back to the LibreElec (Nexus) backup and upgraded to E4K .11 again. I'll forgo updating to LibreElec 12 for now to see if the issue presents with Kodi Nexus. I'll post back with my finding later this week.

• Thanks 1

ntls2000
7 hours ago, DarWun said:

I've done some additional testing to try and pinpoint the cause of the issue. This started happening several days after updating to LibreElec 12 (Omega) Beta 1. I had just updated to E4K .11, so I initially thought that the issue stemmed from that. I restored a backup from prior to the LibreElec update and reinstalled E4K .11. I then upgraded to LibreElec 12 again. Within two days of doing that, E4K stopped reporting Movie playback to Emby.

Earlier tonight I reverted back to the LibreElec (Nexus) backup and upgraded to E4K .11 again. I'll forgo updating to LibreElec 12 for now to see if the issue presents with Kodi Nexus. I'll post back with my finding later this week.

Hi,

i have exactly same problem (omega & emby nextgen 10.0.10)

I come back to nexus for test

• Like 1

ntls2000
On 3/23/2024 at 1:23 PM, Kyrunner said:

You can use skin artics fuse, local trailers working for me

quickmic
Posted (edited)
On 3/26/2024 at 12:52 AM, DarWun said:

I think I found the issue and yes, it's  Kodi 21 bug. Even stock Kodi should have this issue under special circumstances. -> Related to Kodi database design flaws.

I try to fix it in next version, by removing (widget) bookmarks sync from Kodi.

Edited by quickmic
  • Thanks 1

Andy2k

I guess i have seen a problem related to this too...in the last days i have setup 3 (different) Android devices with Kodi Omega RC2 + E4K .10/11

It seems on all 3 devices starting movies from an older resume point does not work. I can choose to play from the resume point, but the movies will start from the beginning.

On TV shows resume works...

quickmic
Posted (edited)
51 minutes ago, Andy2k said:

I guess i have seen a problem related to this too...in the last days i have setup 3 (different) Android devices with Kodi Omega RC2 + E4K .10/11

It seems on all 3 devices starting movies from an older resume point does not work. I can choose to play from the resume point, but the movies will start from the beginning.

On TV shows resume works...

Yes that's all related to the same issue.

As you maybe know, Kodi messes the bookmarks for widgets, even with stock Kodi.

Setting a bookmark played via "regular" movie selection is "correct" (also in Kodi's database) however, if you check the bookmark (same movie) played via widget bookmark is not there.

Also works the other way around, so the bookmarks are not "synced". Actually bookmarks set via widgets are (from my perspective) totally wrong in Kodi's database. I'm sure Kodi devs have a good excuse for that (historic reasons 🤪). For me, that's a major design flaw and this is all stock Kodi (no plugin used at all).

Therefore I used workarounds to keep the bookmarks in sync, but in some of the RCs of Kodi 21, it's now completely broken for movies. As soon as you set a bookmark in Kodi (again, no plugin involved at all) resume points are not respected, movie information no longer available and so on.

Only option at the moment, I'll remove the bookmark "sync" for widgets in the plugin and it will work. However, if you set a bookmark manually (via Kodi options), it will break again the widget playback.

Edited by quickmic
  • Like 1

Andy2k

As Kodi 21 is sill RC let us hope this will be fixed till the final release;)

DarWun
10 hours ago, quickmic said:

I think I found the issue and yes, it's  Kodi 21 bug. Even stock Kodi should have this issue under special circumstances. -> Related to Kodi database design flaws.

I try to fix it in next version, by removing (widget) bookmarks sync from Kodi.

Thanks for looking at this @quickmic. The issue did not present after I rolled back to Kodi 20. So I kind of figured it was specific to Kodi 21. I was just getting ready to upgrade to LibreElec 12 again to see how long it took for it to become a problem again. I'll hold off doing so until you release the next version.

quickmic

New PUBLIC TESTING version available 10.0.12:

Delta changelog 10.0.11 -> 10.0.12

fix folder view for home video/photos
close sync progress bars when server connection drops
urllib3 v1 support
fix strm file issue when https links are included
update Chinese language file (thanks to whisperer)
fix download content episode node
add download content series node
fix Kodi shutdown issue

Comment:

This version is not too well tested, I'm still on vacation with limited testing capabilities.

Kodi 21 RC needs a least a movie database(s) resync, probably a factory reset.

• Like 2

838Joel
6 hours ago, quickmic said:

New PUBLIC TESTING version available 10.0.12:

Delta changelog 10.0.11 -> 10.0.12

urllib3 v1 support

Is that mean it will work on QNAP using an older urllib3 version than 2.10?

quickmic
36 minutes ago, 838Joel said:

Is that mean it will work on QNAP using an older urllib3 version than 2.10?

Yes, it should.

• Like 1