embyforkodi (next-gen) 10.X.X support

quickmic

FrostByte

When I use E4K it's not masking the thump image when an episode is unwatched and Kodi option is set to hide thumbs.  However, when using Kodi it appears to work.

Is it possible that somehow, I've ended up with the episode thumbs in the episode landscape art (info > click slideshow)?

Here's the setting I'm talking about:

image.jpeg.c34c2d302a0f3f140873e5d838bc54a7.jpeg

Episode 2 should be landscape, or fanart but instead it's showing the episode thumb.  This is from the emby_tvshows_tv_shows/all.xml node, but I get the same from all the other nodes also including continue watching and next up.  Also tried dynamic and synced nodes with the same result.

image.jpeg.dbec19329125279ed73ccd21de7e983a.jpeg

Here is a show when not using E4K.

image.thumb.jpeg.f9c26c9772ab03c6a9ebdd3518bed71a.jpeg

And another without E4K and the default skin.

image.jpeg.3f694e910a554c8074d2824f6d1a4c8b.jpeg

sfatula
11 hours ago, jasonborn said:

Nice peace off work @quickmic😀

Agreed, sent some money to his Paypal. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

quickmic
13 hours ago, FrostByte said:

When I use E4K it's not masking the thump image when an episode is unwatched and Kodi option is set to hide thumbs.  However, when using Kodi it appears to work.

Is it possible that somehow, I've ended up with the episode thumbs in the episode landscape art (info > click slideshow)?

Quite sure it's the fallback image.

"Series": (('Primary', 'poster'), ("Art", 'clearart'), ("Banner", 'banner'), ("Disc", 'discart'), ("Logo", 'clearlogo'), ("Thumb", 'thumb'), ("Thumb", 'landscape'), ("Backdrop", 'fanart'), ('Primary', 'thumb'), ("Backdrop", 'landscape'), ("Primary", 'landscape')),
    "Season": (('Primary', 'poster'), ("Art", 'clearart'), ("Banner", 'banner'), ("Disc", 'discart'), ("Logo", 'clearlogo'), ("Thumb", 'thumb'), ('SeriesPrimary', 'poster'), ("ParentThumb", 'thumb'), ("Primary", 'thumb'), ("ParentLogo", 'clearlogo'), ("ParentBackdrop", 'fanart')),
    "Episode": (('Primary', 'thumb'), ("Art", 'clearart'), ("Banner", 'banner'), ("Disc", 'discart'), ("Logo", 'clearlogo'), ("Thumb", 'thumb'), ("Backdrop", 'fanart'), ("ParentLogo", 'clearlogo'), ("ParentBanner", 'banner'), ("ParentThumb", 'landscape'), ("ParentThumb", 'thumb'), ("ParentBackdrop", 'landscape'), ("ParentBackdrop", 'fanart'), ('Primary', 'landscape')),

I had endless discussions about that matter with users and every time I change a tiny thing, somebody else complains that his skin is "broken".

General Info: Plugin uses fallback images, Kodi also uses fallback images, the skins also uses fallback images.

In the end is combination of all 3 configurations.

You can try modifications yourself, file: plugin.video.emby-next-gen/core/common.py (on the top)

Every time you change something, artwork cache must be wiped and database resynced.

• Thanks 1

yunyun9812

Hello quickmic,

Playing BDMV Blu ray files with versions before 9.3.0 as shown in the previous image is normal

After using versions 9.4.0, a non-existent file name prompt "remove movie from library" will be displayed as shown in the following image. I don't know if it's a setup issue or something else

kodi001.jpg

kodi002.jpg

kodi003.jpg

Edited by yunyun9812

FrostByte
4 hours ago, quickmic said:

Quite sure it's the fallback image.

"Series": (('Primary', 'poster'), ("Art", 'clearart'), ("Banner", 'banner'), ("Disc", 'discart'), ("Logo", 'clearlogo'), ("Thumb", 'thumb'), ("Thumb", 'landscape'), ("Backdrop", 'fanart'), ('Primary', 'thumb'), ("Backdrop", 'landscape'), ("Primary", 'landscape')),
    "Season": (('Primary', 'poster'), ("Art", 'clearart'), ("Banner", 'banner'), ("Disc", 'discart'), ("Logo", 'clearlogo'), ("Thumb", 'thumb'), ('SeriesPrimary', 'poster'), ("ParentThumb", 'thumb'), ("Primary", 'thumb'), ("ParentLogo", 'clearlogo'), ("ParentBackdrop", 'fanart')),
    "Episode": (('Primary', 'thumb'), ("Art", 'clearart'), ("Banner", 'banner'), ("Disc", 'discart'), ("Logo", 'clearlogo'), ("Thumb", 'thumb'), ("Backdrop", 'fanart'), ("ParentLogo", 'clearlogo'), ("ParentBanner", 'banner'), ("ParentThumb", 'landscape'), ("ParentThumb", 'thumb'), ("ParentBackdrop", 'landscape'), ("ParentBackdrop", 'fanart'), ('Primary', 'landscape')),

I had endless discussions about that matter with users and every time I change a tiny thing, somebody else complains that his skin is "broken".

General Info: Plugin uses fallback images, Kodi also uses fallback images, the skins also uses fallback images.

In the end is combination of all 3 configurations.

You can try modifications yourself, file: plugin.video.emby-next-gen/core/common.py (on the top)

Every time you change something, artwork cache must be wiped and database resynced.

Thanks for the info.  I'll play with it some.  If nothing else, I'll learn something new by playing.

• Like 1

quickmic
43 minutes ago, yunyun9812 said:

Hello quickmic,

Playing BDMV Blu ray files with versions before 9.3.0 as shown in the previous image is normal

After using versions 9.4.0, a non-existent file name prompt "remove movie from library" will be displayed as shown in the following image. I don't know if it's a setup issue or something else

kodi001.jpg

kodi002.jpg

kodi003.jpg

Iso or extracted bluray? Is the path correct?

quickmic
Posted (edited)
20 minutes ago, FrostByte said:

Thanks for the info.  I'll play with it some.  If nothing else, I'll learn something new by playing.

Priority is from left to right. Emby images addressing the same Kodi image type: First valid image found is the one used for Kodi.

Edited by quickmic
  • Like 1

yunyun9812
4 hours ago, quickmic said:

ISO 还是提取的 bluray?路径是否正确?

bluray, ISO can play correctly

he path is correct
[File name:] should return the file name "index.bdmv", but versions after 9.4.0 return the folder name "Youth.2017.CHINESE.芳华.1080p.BluRay.AVC.DTS-HD.MA.5.1-FGT"
.Version before 9.3.0 is normal

kodi004.jpg

Edited by yunyun9812
  • Like 1

quickmic
On 3/3/2024 at 2:32 PM, yunyun9812 said:

bluray, ISO can play correctly

he path is correct
[File name:] should return the file name "index.bdmv", but versions after 9.4.0 return the folder name "Youth.2017.CHINESE.芳华.1080p.BluRay.AVC.DTS-HD.MA.5.1-FGT"
.Version before 9.3.0 is normal

kodi004.jpg

I fix it in next version.

feerlessleadr
On 3/2/2024 at 10:41 AM, FrostByte said:

image.jpeg.c34c2d302a0f3f140873e5d838bc54a7.jpeg

Episode 2 should be landscape, or fanart but instead it's showing the episode thumb.  This is from the emby_tvshows_tv_shows/all.xml node, but I get the same from all the other nodes also including continue watching and next up.  Also tried dynamic and synced nodes with the same result.

image.jpeg.dbec19329125279ed73ccd21de7e983a.jpeg

Here is a show when not using E4K.

And another without E4K and the default skin.

image.jpeg.3f694e910a554c8074d2824f6d1a4c8b.jpeg

Can I ask what skin you're using?

FrostByte
6 hours ago, feerlessleadr said:

Can I ask what skin you're using?

It's Arctic Fuse by jurialmunkey

• Like 1

quickmic

New PUBLIC TESTING version available 10.0.7:

Delta changelog 10.0.6 -> 10.0.7

fix MusicAlbum sync issue
fix Studio sync issue
improve incremental boxset sync on Kodi start
fix BoxSet sync issue
add remoteplay option
fix episode intros
fix player stop issue
fix extracted bluray and dvd playback
fix some minor intro issues
fix A-Z node order

Comment:

Refresh boxsets is recommended
For bluray/DVD extracted content, a repair-sync is required

• Like 1

838Joel

Hi @quickmic,

Yesterday I start watching a movie, stop it after few minutes.

Today when I connect it shows in the list of movies that is ongoing, but when it update with the server it disappeared from the list!

I took some log https://paste.kodi.tv/vetevosoli

Using 10.0.6 with server 4.8.3.0, Kodi 21 beta 3

Hope this help!

rossome

I cannot get any of the images to load, I have installed the audio and image plugins prior to installing the latest 10.0.X video plugins. I have tried doing a full database reset and a full kodi reset with no luck. Emby server version is 4.9.0.8 and the Kodi Companion plugin is a 2.2.1.0. Am I missing anything?

kodi.jpg

Edited by rossome

quickmic
1 hour ago, rossome said:

I cannot get any of the images to load, I have installed the audio and image plugins prior to installing the latest 10.0.X video plugins. I have tried doing a full database reset and a full kodi reset with no luck. Emby server version is 4.9.0.8 and the Kodi Companion plugin is a 2.2.1.0. Am I missing anything?

kodi.jpg

You must wait till the sync has finished.

quickmic
22 hours ago, 838Joel said:

Hi @quickmic,

Yesterday I start watching a movie, stop it after few minutes.

Today when I connect it shows in the list of movies that is ongoing, but when it update with the server it disappeared from the list!

I took some log https://paste.kodi.tv/vetevosoli

Using 10.0.6 with server 4.8.3.0, Kodi 21 beta 3

Hope this help!

Thanks, but I would need the old log, were the progress was not updated. Sounds it was not correctly updates to Emby server and after the restart, the downsync overwrote the progress status.

838Joel
5 hours ago, quickmic said:

Thanks, but I would need the old log, were the progress was not updated. Sounds it was not correctly updates to Emby server and after the restart, the downsync overwrote the progress status.

ok I'll try to get that! Hopefully...

838Joel
4 minutes ago, 838Joel said:

ok I'll try to get that! Hopefully...

Well, the old logs have been replaced since I started to watch again that movie yesterday :(

The day before I recall having watched for about 15 minutes and stop. Yesterday I watched about an hour and stop, today it does show in the ongoing movies list!

I'll try to replicate the issue, if so I will PM you with the old logs!

TheOverseer
On 02/03/2024 at 15:41, FrostByte said:

Nice skin!  What is it?

FrostByte
37 minutes ago, TheOverseer said:

Nice skin!  What is it?

It's jurialmunkey's new one called Arctic Fuse.

838Joel
1 hour ago, 838Joel said:

Well, the old logs have been replaced since I started to watch again that movie yesterday :(

The day before I recall having watched for about 15 minutes and stop. Yesterday I watched about an hour and stop, today it does show in the ongoing movies list!

I'll try to replicate the issue, if so I will PM you with the old logs!

Sadly I was not able to replicated so far... I'll keep in mind if this occur again to get the .old logs

• Thanks 1

quickmic
5 hours ago, 838Joel said:

Sadly I was not able to replicated so far... I'll keep in mind if this occur again to get the .old logs

Thanks probably both, depends when you export the logs.

I could imagine the progress was not uploaded to Emby server due to server load.

Please also update to 10.0.7, I fixed a few bugs that might address this issue as well.

• Like 1

Grumpy1

is it normal to get a security risk warning when trying to download the files in the first post?

838Joel
11 hours ago, quickmic said:

Thanks probably both, depends when you export the logs.

I could imagine the progress was not uploaded to Emby server due to server load.

Please also update to 10.0.7, I fixed a few bugs that might address this issue as well.

That makes sense, server probably did not get the progress updated... I will upgrade to 10.0.7, won't be a bad thing :) thanks

quickmic
2 hours ago, Grumpy1 said:

is it normal to get a security risk warning when trying to download the files in the first post?

Fixed

• Like 1