embyforkodi (next-gen) 10.X.X support

quickmic

rossome
On 3/6/2024 at 2:40 AM, quickmic said:

You must wait till the sync has finished.

The sync has completed and am still not seeing any images. Attempting to "Cache all artwork" from the plugin setting does not appear to work either. Just stays parked at "Emby: 0%"

Screenshot from 2024-03-08 00-01-59.png

quickmic
2 hours ago, rossome said:

The sync has completed and am still not seeing any images. Attempting to "Cache all artwork" from the plugin setting does not appear to work either. Just stays parked at "Emby: 0%"

Screenshot from 2024-03-08 00-01-59.png

Please send me a kodi.log for review.

Kyrunner

In Kodi I see Emby Specials but I don’t see select version of movie I have a regular movie and the another one for director cut. In the emby app I can select what version I want to play but don’t see this in Kodi for a emby. Is there a plugin or setting that is needed. 

quickmic
Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, Kyrunner said:

In Kodi I see Emby Specials but I don’t see select version of movie I have a regular movie and the another one for director cut. In the emby app I can select what version I want to play but don’t see this in Kodi for a emby. Is there a plugin or setting that is needed. 

Not sure why you bring up specials as your question is addressing multiversion content. Specials are started by context menu while multiversion selection is a menu after you tiggered movie playback.

Edited by quickmic

rossome
On 3/8/2024 at 2:37 AM, quickmic said:

Please send me a kodi.log for review.

As you mentioned in out DMs, the missing image issue was related to the new fontconfig 2.15. Downgrading to 2.14 resolves this issue for me for the time being.

quickmic
Posted (edited)
17 minutes ago, rossome said:

As you mentioned in out DMs, the missing image issue was related to the new fontconfig 2.15. Downgrading to 2.14 resolves this issue for me for the time being.

Yes, it's related to pillow module > 10.

I'm create a test environment, cause all my installations using pillow < 10

Edited by quickmic

feerlessleadr

Hi @quickmicNow that the author of the smart playlist plugin for emby has updated it for server 4.8, will you be able to take a look to add support for syncing/browsing these playlists via the E4K addon?

Thanks!

quickmic
1 minute ago, feerlessleadr said:

Hi @quickmicNow that the author of the smart playlist plugin for emby has updated it for server 4.8, will you be able to take a look to add support for syncing/browsing these playlists via the E4K addon?

Thanks!

I think it already is. At least it was with the old 4.7 version.

feerlessleadr
20 minutes ago, quickmic said:

I think it already is. At least it was with the old 4.7 version.

Oh - thanks. I will check and will get back to you with any issues. 

• Like 1

muzicman0

I am having a weird issue where just 1 library is syncing weird.  It is a TV Show library.

1. If I play an episode of TV in Kodi, it will mark as watched in Emby, but not in Kodi until I restart Kodi.

2. If I mark an episode as watched, then all is fine.

3. If I partially watch an episide in Kodi, the watched percentage stays at 0%.

As mentioned, this only happens on 1 library.  My Movies library, and Recorded TV library all work as expected.  I updated E4KNG to 10.0.7 last night to see if it fixed it (I was on the 9.x branch, tried stable and 19 beta), but no change in behavior.

The 2 'differences' that I can see in the affected library is that there are 2 paths (both NAS paths).  1 of those paths has a path substitution, and one does not.  All my other libraries only have 1 path.  

Any ideas where to look?  Happy to provide logs, but I don't know where they are stored, etc.

[EDIT: Currently on Emby 4.8.3.0, but was also on 4.8.1.0 prior and it was happening.  Pretty sure it was not happening on older, but I can't swear to this.]

Edited by muzicman0

quickmic
22 minutes ago, muzicman0 said:

I am having a weird issue where just 1 library is syncing weird.  It is a TV Show library.

1. If I play an episode of TV in Kodi, it will mark as watched in Emby, but not in Kodi until I restart Kodi.

2. If I mark an episode as watched, then all is fine.

3. If I partially watch an episide in Kodi, the watched percentage stays at 0%.

As mentioned, this only happens on 1 library.  My Movies library, and Recorded TV library all work as expected.  I updated E4KNG to 10.0.7 last night to see if it fixed it (I was on the 9.x branch, tried stable and 19 beta), but no change in behavior.

The 2 'differences' that I can see in the affected library is that there are 2 paths (both NAS paths).  1 of those paths has a path substitution, and one does not.  All my other libraries only have 1 path.  

Any ideas where to look?  Happy to provide logs, but I don't know where they are stored, etc.

Yes I need logs and there are dozens of information on google for each device were to find the Kodi logs. You will find it, I'm sure.

However, Kodi's progress is totally up to Kodi and not the plugin for "single session". I cannot rule anything out, but I would be really surprised if this is a plugin issue.

The plugin blocks down-sync from Emby for content played by the same device and Kodi keeps track of progress.

muzicman0
28 minutes ago, quickmic said:

Yes I need logs and there are dozens of information on google for each device were to find the Kodi logs. You will find it, I'm sure.

However, Kodi's progress is totally up to Kodi and not the plugin for "single session". I cannot rule anything out, but I would be really surprised if this is a plugin issue.

The plugin blocks down-sync from Emby for content played by the same device and Kodi keeps track of progress.

Thanks.  I will try to wipe the Kodi install and start from scratch.  See if that fixes it.  If not, I will figure out the logs.

• Like 1

muzicman0

I will get logs as soon as I can.  resetting didn't fix it.  so weird.  I can see in Kodi, it will mark it as watched, and then within 1 second it is marked as unwatched.  I don't understand at all!!

Andy2k

I had (and unfortunaly have it again) a similar problem with the 9.x.x tree...

In my case this always happends after i played a movie or tv-show episode from outside the emby/kodi library. E.g. from an external drive or some network drive added via sources.conf in kodi.

So do you play only content from emby server that is synced to kodi, or also non-synced content (local directory, network mount, ...)?

muzicman0

interesting.  I do have the NAS configured as a source in Kodi, but I haven't played a file from it (it's actually excluded from scans).  Also, one of the other libraries that work normally are on the same NAS.

I only play content from Emby.

muzicman0

I have narrowed it down to only files that are on NFS instead of SMB.  I finally figured out how to get SMB working on my Synology with Kodi (I had to add it as a network source instead of SMB source so that I could specify the username and password at creation time).  I removed the path substitution and am rebooting to see if it worked.

muzicman0
43 minutes ago, muzicman0 said:

I have narrowed it down to only files that are on NFS instead of SMB.  I finally figured out how to get SMB working on my Synology with Kodi (I had to add it as a network source instead of SMB source so that I could specify the username and password at creation time).  I removed the path substitution and am rebooting to see if it worked.

yep.  that seemed to have fixed it.  So it appears to be NFS related.  Whether it is Kodi, Emby, or the plugin, I have no idea, but at least for now, it is working as expected.

quickmic
Posted (edited)
7 hours ago, Andy2k said:

I had (and unfortunaly have it again) a similar problem with the 9.x.x tree...

In my case this always happends after i played a movie or tv-show episode from outside the emby/kodi library. E.g. from an external drive or some network drive added via sources.conf in kodi.

So do you play only content from emby server that is synced to kodi, or also non-synced content (local directory, network mount, ...)?

Interesting, no I didn't try that. Please summarize so I can design a test case.

My understanding is, you have local content and Emby content on Kodi. Emby content is synced in addon mode right?

This local content is completely other content as synced via Emby or is it the same content just synced twice?

When you play local content, Kodi doesn't update the progress, but Emby content is in sync?

This happens on a single session (no Kodi restart)?

Edited by quickmic

quickmic
Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, muzicman0 said:

yep.  that seemed to have fixed it.  So it appears to be NFS related.  Whether it is Kodi, Emby, or the plugin, I have no idea, but at least for now, it is working as expected.

Hmm, there shouldn't be any difference between SMB and NFS content. I'll perform a test.

Sounds a bit both issues, yours and the one from @Andy2kare based on the same problem.

Edited by quickmic

flossiejayno

Hi,

I'm getting the following SQL constraint error throughout the emby server log;

SQLitePCL.pretty.SQLiteException: Constraint: FOREIGN KEY constraint failed

The errors are always prefixed by the following two lines;

http://192.168.1.5:8096/emby/Sessions/Playing/Progress. UserAgent: Emby for Kodi Next Gen/10.0.7
Error Server: Error processing request

Thanks in advance for your support and development!

Phil

Emby Server log

==============

2024-03-13 00:00:05.772 Info Server: http/1.1 POST http://192.168.1.5:8096/emby/Sessions/Playing/Progress. UserAgent: Emby for Kodi Next Gen/10.0.7
2024-03-13 00:00:05.782 Error Server: Error processing request
    *** Error Report ***
    Version: 4.9.0.8
    Command line: /opt/emby-server/system/EmbyServer.dll -programdata /var/lib/emby -ffdetect /opt/emby-server/bin/ffdetect -ffmpeg /opt/emby-server/bin/ffmpeg -ffprobe /opt/emby-server/bin/ffprobe -restartexitcode 3 -updatepackage emby-server-deb_{version}_amd64.deb
    Operating system: Linux version 6.5.0-21-generic (buildd@lcy02-amd64-091) (x86_64-linux-gnu-gcc-12 (Ubuntu 12.3.0-1ubuntu1~22.04) 12.3.0, GNU ld (GNU Binutils for Ubunt
    Framework: .NET 8.0.0
    OS/Process: x64/x64
    Runtime: opt/emby-server/system/System.Private.CoreLib.dll
    Processor count: 8
    Data path: /var/lib/emby
    Application path: /opt/emby-server/system
    SQLitePCL.pretty.SQLiteException: Exception of type 'SQLitePCL.pretty.SQLiteException' was thrown.
       at SQLitePCL.pretty.SQLiteException.CheckOk(sqlite3 db, Int32 rc)
       at SQLitePCL.pretty.StatementImpl.MoveNext()
       at Emby.Server.Implementations.Data.SqliteUserDataRepository.SaveUserData(Int64 internalUserId, Int64 itemId, UserItemData userData, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
       at Emby.Server.Implementations.Session.SessionManager.OnPlaybackProgress(User user, BaseItem item, BaseItem[] collectionFolders, LibraryOptions libraryOptions, PlaybackProgressInfo info, SessionInfo sessionInfo, PlaySessionInfo playSessionInfo)
       at Emby.Server.Implementations.Session.SessionManager.OnPlaybackProgress(PlaybackProgressInfo info, SessionInfo session, PlaySessionInfo playSessionInfo, Boolean isAutomated)
       at Emby.Server.Implementations.Services.ServiceController.GetTaskResult(Task task)
       at Emby.Server.Implementations.Services.ServiceHandler.ProcessRequestAsync(HttpListenerHost httpHost, IServerApplicationHost appHost, IRequest httpReq, IResponse httpRes, IStreamHelper streamHelper, RestPath restPath, String responseContentType, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
       at Emby.Server.Implementations.HttpServer.HttpListenerHost.RequestHandler(IRequest httpReq, ReadOnlyMemory`1 urlString, ReadOnlyMemory`1 localPath, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
    Source: SQLitePCL.pretty
    TargetSite: Void CheckOk(SQLitePCLEx.sqlite3, Int32)

Edited by flossiejayno
missed introduction & Thanks

Andy2k
4 hours ago, quickmic said:

Interesting, no I didn't try that. Please summarize so I can design a test case.

My understanding is, you have local content and Emby content on Kodi. Emby content is synced in addon mode right?

This local content is completely other content as synced via Emby or is it the same content just synced twice?

When you play local content, Kodi doesn't update the progress, but Emby content is in sync?

This happens on a single session (no Kodi restart)?

I must correct myself...i had a similar issue in the 8.x.x tree, it was fixed i version 8.2.10

https://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/116208-embyforkodi-next-gen-8xx-support/page/19/#comment-1268290

Im not tested the 10.x.x tree yet, but this issue is back in the 9.x.x tree, at least the latest few versions. So i guess the 10.x.x tree have the same issue...

I use a temp folder on my nas, smb mounted, not synced to emby or kodi. Just a source in kodi, like an external drive and using kodi only as player. Just play a file...

<source>
            <name>TMP Ordner</name>
            <path pathversion="1">smb://192.168.0.41/video/TMP Ordner/</path>
            <allowsharing>true</allowsharing>
        </source> 

After i played a file from there syncing the watched / progress status kodi <>emby fails on regular synced content like episodes. E.g. kodi set the episodes to "watched", and within a second E4K set the episode back to the state before, like "unwatched" or "in progress". On the emby server the files will not updated too...this will happends as long as i not restart kodi.

The contet in the temp folder is different to the synced kodi/emby content, local, client based progress updates there are ok. It just breaks progress updates on synced (emby) content i play after such a file...

I case you cant get me i send a pm in german;)

quickmic
Posted (edited)
7 hours ago, flossiejayno said:

Hi,

I'm getting the following SQL constraint error throughout the emby server log;

The errors are always prefixed by the following two lines;

http://192.168.1.5:8096/emby/Sessions/Playing/Progress. UserAgent: Emby for Kodi Next Gen/10.0.7
Error Server: Error processing request

Thanks in advance for your support and development!

Phil

Emby Server log

==============

2024-03-13 00:00:05.772 Info Server: http/1.1 POST http://192.168.1.5:8096/emby/Sessions/Playing/Progress. UserAgent: Emby for Kodi Next Gen/10.0.7
2024-03-13 00:00:05.782 Error Server: Error processing request
    *** Error Report ***
    Version: 4.9.0.8
    Command line: /opt/emby-server/system/EmbyServer.dll -programdata /var/lib/emby -ffdetect /opt/emby-server/bin/ffdetect -ffmpeg /opt/emby-server/bin/ffmpeg -ffprobe /opt/emby-server/bin/ffprobe -restartexitcode 3 -updatepackage emby-server-deb_{version}_amd64.deb
    Operating system: Linux version 6.5.0-21-generic (buildd@lcy02-amd64-091) (x86_64-linux-gnu-gcc-12 (Ubuntu 12.3.0-1ubuntu1~22.04) 12.3.0, GNU ld (GNU Binutils for Ubunt
    Framework: .NET 8.0.0
    OS/Process: x64/x64
    Runtime: opt/emby-server/system/System.Private.CoreLib.dll
    Processor count: 8
    Data path: /var/lib/emby
    Application path: /opt/emby-server/system
    SQLitePCL.pretty.SQLiteException: Exception of type 'SQLitePCL.pretty.SQLiteException' was thrown.
       at SQLitePCL.pretty.SQLiteException.CheckOk(sqlite3 db, Int32 rc)
       at SQLitePCL.pretty.StatementImpl.MoveNext()
       at Emby.Server.Implementations.Data.SqliteUserDataRepository.SaveUserData(Int64 internalUserId, Int64 itemId, UserItemData userData, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
       at Emby.Server.Implementations.Session.SessionManager.OnPlaybackProgress(User user, BaseItem item, BaseItem[] collectionFolders, LibraryOptions libraryOptions, PlaybackProgressInfo info, SessionInfo sessionInfo, PlaySessionInfo playSessionInfo)
       at Emby.Server.Implementations.Session.SessionManager.OnPlaybackProgress(PlaybackProgressInfo info, SessionInfo session, PlaySessionInfo playSessionInfo, Boolean isAutomated)
       at Emby.Server.Implementations.Services.ServiceController.GetTaskResult(Task task)
       at Emby.Server.Implementations.Services.ServiceHandler.ProcessRequestAsync(HttpListenerHost httpHost, IServerApplicationHost appHost, IRequest httpReq, IResponse httpRes, IStreamHelper streamHelper, RestPath restPath, String responseContentType, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
       at Emby.Server.Implementations.HttpServer.HttpListenerHost.RequestHandler(IRequest httpReq, ReadOnlyMemory`1 urlString, ReadOnlyMemory`1 localPath, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
    Source: SQLitePCL.pretty
    TargetSite: Void CheckOk(SQLitePCLEx.sqlite3, Int32)

I don't think this is a plugin issue. @Luke

Edited by quickmic

quickmic
4 hours ago, Andy2k said:

I must correct myself...i had a similar issue in the 8.x.x tree, it was fixed i version 8.2.10

https://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/116208-embyforkodi-next-gen-8xx-support/page/19/#comment-1268290

Im not tested the 10.x.x tree yet, but this issue is back in the 9.x.x tree, at least the latest few versions. So i guess the 10.x.x tree have the same issue...

I use a temp folder on my nas, smb mounted, not synced to emby or kodi. Just a source in kodi, like an external drive and using kodi only as player. Just play a file...

<source>
            <name>TMP Ordner</name>
            <path pathversion="1">smb://192.168.0.41/video/TMP Ordner/</path>
            <allowsharing>true</allowsharing>
        </source> 

After i played a file from there syncing the watched / progress status kodi <>emby fails on regular synced content like episodes. E.g. kodi set the episodes to "watched", and within a second E4K set the episode back to the state before, like "unwatched" or "in progress". On the emby server the files will not updated too...this will happends as long as i not restart kodi.

The contet in the temp folder is different to the synced kodi/emby content, local, client based progress updates there are ok. It just breaks progress updates on synced (emby) content i play after such a file...

I case you cant get me i send a pm in german;)

I performed a quick check with 10.X no issue found. I need a log where the issue appeared.

Andy2k

Ok, i do some tests with the latest 10.x.x version and post a log if necessary. I guess 9.x.x is EOL soon anyway, so i will upgrade my clients to the 10.x.x tree.

Thank you.