embyforkodi (next-gen) 10.X.X support

quickmic

Andy2k
3 hours ago, quickmic said:

New PUBLIC TESTING version available 10.0.8:

Delta changelog 10.0.7 -> 10.0.8

remove kodi workaround option (fixes are added dynamically)
fix API issues
replace requests with urllib3
fix 'FreeTypeFont' object has no attribute 'getsize' -> python pillow api change
workaround for Kodi chapter bugs for MusicVideos and Movies played via widgets
remove reuselanguageinvoker -> causes Kodi issues
fix File name too long issue
fix playertracker issue

@Andy2k

This version might fix the issue with the native content, but not sure. If yes, I'll backport it to 9.X

Thx, im about to update one or all of my clients to 10.x.x over the weekend and do some tests. I let you know how it works. If not, i make some logs....

• Thanks 1

quickmic
1 minute ago, Andy2k said:

Thx, im about to update one or all of my clients to 10.x.x over the weekend and do some tests. I let you know how it works. If not, i make some logs....

Thanks, I was able to trigger the issue (I hope similar to yours) one time only. It was a timing thingy, hard to reproduce.

Imi81

I just installed the emby beta repository. I installed the emby next gen beta version from it, but it still scans the directories. when it's done I'll try it to see if it works or not.

• Like 1

quickmic
1 minute ago, Imi81 said:

I just installed the emby beta repository. I installed the emby next gen beta version from it, but it still scans the directories. when it's done I'll try it to see if it works or not.

Did you trigger a reset? I should not scan anything, unless you forced a resync (which is not necessary).

Imi81

I removed the stable version and then cleaned the media library in kodi. After that I installed emby next gen kodi beta version. It takes a long time to examine the libraries because I have a lot of material, about 6 TB.

quickmic
Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, Imi81 said:

I removed the stable version and then cleaned the media library in kodi. After that I installed emby next gen kodi beta version. It takes a long time to examine the libraries because I have a lot of material, about 6 TB.

Takes long -> Yes I understand. Anyway this was not required. The plugin will tell you if a resync is mandatory and will force you. Otherwise the databases are compatible and you can switch between versions. No need to uninstall anything.

Edited by quickmic

Imi81

Valami nem stimmelt, mert a könyvtárak üresek voltak. Eltávolítottam és újratelepítettem a kodit, és most az emby next gen béta verzióját is. Sajnálom, hogy ilyen sokáig tart.

There was also a test with the beta version, but there is still no option to skip intro. no one puts that icon. Good in Emby application and good in embycon. Anyway, I use kodinerds nexus if that matters! Dolby vision requires this version.

Edited by Imi81
  • Like 1

quickmic
Posted (edited)
12 minutes ago, Imi81 said:

Valami nem stimmelt, mert a könyvtárak üresek voltak. Eltávolítottam és újratelepítettem a kodit, és most az emby next gen béta verzióját is. Sajnálom, hogy ilyen sokáig tart.

There was also a test with the beta version, but there is still no option to skip intro. no one puts that icon. Good in Emby application and good in embycon. Anyway, I use kodinerds nexus if that matters! Dolby vision requires this version.

Ok, I need the playback debug log please.

Did you use default skin?

Edited by quickmic

quickmic
Posted (edited)

Currently there are only two reasons left (without a log). First, the skip intro marks are not synced, or your skin is blocking the skip intro "button".

The first I could see in the logs, the second (skin) you need to test.

Edited by quickmic

Imi81

In the meantime, I downloaded the maven kodi matrix version and the skip intro works on it! I tried the next gen beta version and it works perfectly! I'll leave this up for now.

When you wrote that I should use the basic skin, I've been trying it ever since. Now I will turn on the error search on the maven kodi nexus and send it. A few minutes and I'll send it.

• Like 1

quickmic
3 minutes ago, Imi81 said:

In the meantime, I downloaded the maven kodi matrix version and the skip intro works on it! I tried the next gen beta version and it works perfectly! I'll leave this up for now.

When you wrote that I should use the basic skin, I've been trying it ever since. Now I will turn on the error search on the maven kodi nexus and send it. A few minutes and I'll send it.

If it's an option for, try Kodi 21 and 10.X plugin.

I guess, Kodi 21 is soon released as stable (currently release candidate 1, RC1). I think there is an Android apk (installer package) already available.

Imi81

Sorry, there may be a misunderstanding. I'm using a basic skin during testing. I don't know English and I use Google translator, which is not perfect. In the meantime, I did the test and here is the error log

https://paste.kodi.tv/fiqacahedi

I hope I did it well. I will try kodi 21. Kodi omega nightly. I will write whether it works or not. The good news is that it works perfectly on kodi matrix, but I would prefer to use a newer version of kodi.

• Like 1

quickmic
Posted (edited)
17 minutes ago, Imi81 said:

Sorry, there may be a misunderstanding. I'm using a basic skin during testing. I don't know English and I use Google translator, which is not perfect. In the meantime, I did the test and here is the error log

https://paste.kodi.tv/fiqacahedi

I hope I did it well. I will try kodi 21. Kodi omega nightly. I will write whether it works or not. The good news is that it works perfectly on kodi matrix, but I would prefer to use a newer version of kodi.

The log looks absolutely clean. I can see the skip intro marks. This means the sync was perfect. At the moment that's all I tell from the logs and the skip intro button should be displayed.

Unfortunately, I didn't add additional log information in the code (will do in next versions) for a deeper review. However, you said it's working on "maven kodi matrix"?

I don't know this version, actually I don't even use Android for my setup but obviously this indicates it's not a plugin issue.

At the moment I would declare this as Kodi issue specific to the version you used, but I keep it on my review list.

Edited by quickmic

Imi81

Emby next gen does not allow version 10.x to be installed on kodi 21 because it throws a dependency error. So that's it. nexus and omega code doesn't work, skip intro works but matrix code does. For now, I'm using the Matrix while it's supported by emby.

If you have the opportunity to try it on Google TV OS, please watch it. Thank you for your help and time. For now I use the Matrix and then there is no problem. Have a nice day.

quickmic
Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, Imi81 said:

Emby next gen does not allow version 10.x to be installed on kodi 21 because it throws a dependency error. So that's it. nexus and omega code doesn't work, skip intro works but matrix code does. For now, I'm using the Matrix while it's supported by emby.

If you have the opportunity to try it on Google TV OS, please watch it. Thank you for your help and time. For now I use the Matrix and then there is no problem. Have a nice day.

Look on the first page of this thread. 10.X has 3 "plugins" you must install all of them.

audio, image and last is video.

Edited by quickmic

quickmic
7 minutes ago, Imi81 said:

Google TV OS

Will you buy me a google TV 😁

I don't have one.

• Haha 1

Imi81

Look on the first page of this thread. 10.X has 3 "plugins" you must install all of them.

audio, image and last is video.

Then I didn't do it right! I just wanted to install the video! I will try this now.

• Like 1

Imi81

Version 10.x works with the next gen addon skip intro!! Thank you very much for your help! This was the solution! I'm sorry that I took up so much of your time with this problem, but I couldn't have solved it without you. Thank you very much!!

And, of course, I tried it on kodi 20 and kodi 21 and it's good on both!

• Like 1

quickmic
1 minute ago, Imi81 said:

Version 10.x works with the next gen addon skip intro!! Thank you very much for your help! This was the solution! I'm sorry that I took up so much of your time with this problem, but I couldn't have solved it without you. Thank you very much!!

And, of course, I tried it on kodi 20 and kodi 21 and it's good on both!

You are welcome, I'm glad to help 🙂

AurelMarius

Hi @quickmic,

After updating to 10.0.8, kodi player doesn't shows up in emby's Now Playing dashboard anymore. Log attached. Thanks.

LE: I think it has something to do with the fact that i started video from Next Episode Dynamic Node.

kodi.log

Edited by AurelMarius

quickmic
Posted (edited)
7 hours ago, AurelMarius said:

Hi @quickmic,

After updating to 10.0.8, kodi player doesn't shows up in emby's Now Playing dashboard anymore. Log attached. Thanks.

LE: I think it has something to do with the fact that i started video from Next Episode Dynamic Node.

kodi.log 102.76 kB · 0 downloads

Thanks, I can see a player crash but it was a movie. What else did you play?

Also I see you played LiveTV. Was it synced from Emby or "external/Kodi only" livetv?

The issue will be fixed in next version.

Edited by quickmic
  • Like 1

AurelMarius
4 hours ago, quickmic said:

Thanks, I can see a player crash but it was a movie. What else did you play?

Also I see you played LiveTV. Was it synced from Emby or "external/Kodi only" livetv?

The issue will be fixed in next version.

Yes, I play live tv from kodi using hts pvr addon. I don't use Emby for livetv.

I did a few tests, and the problem appears only if i start watching emby content from dynamic nodes. I removed the widget that i was using with dynamic nodes and replaced with synced nodes. Now it seems ok.

• Like 1

quickmic

New PUBLIC TESTING version available 10.0.9:

Delta changelog 10.0.8 -> 10.0.9

fix player crash
fix date created not updated
add additional debug log information

• Like 3

FrostByte
1 hour ago, quickmic said:

New PUBLIC TESTING version available 10.0.9:

Delta changelog 10.0.8 -> 10.0.9

fix player crash
fix date created not updated
add additional debug log information

@quickmic Did you get the chance to add that third hdrtype?  Actually, none of them are showing up for me so after you've added DV I'll probably have to post over there, but wanted to make sure they are all being populated first.