embyforkodi (next-gen) 9.X.X support

quickmic

karmantyu
29 minutes ago, quickmic said:

I need a Kodi.log for review.

That is 120 MByte. What platform should I choose?

quickmic

120MB? This sounds wrong, you don't need debug log enabled and I just need a startup log. -> when the persons sync happens.

quickmic
8 minutes ago, karmantyu said:

If this is you startup log, first it's not complete. Second, it's syncing everything. There might be a bug at the end of the log (which I don't see, cause it's incomplete) or and that's what I think, you always rebuild your emby db from scatch and the delta sync (which should be processed on Kodi startup) is in this case everything.

Edited by quickmic

quickmic
1 minute ago, quickmic said:

If this is you startup log, first it's not complete. Second, it's syncing everything. There might be a bug at the end of the log (which I don't see, cause it's incomplete) or and that's what I think, you always rebuild your emby db from scatch and the delta sync (which should be processed on Kodi startup) is in this case everything.

Correction, log is complete.

karmantyu

This is a fresh install. I'm syncing everything. But the sync began again and again with every new start of Kodi. This happened three times, it seems after the fourth start there is no scanning, but there are items three times in library.

quickmic
5 minutes ago, karmantyu said:

This is a fresh install. I'm syncing everything. But the sync began again and again with every new start of Kodi. This happened three times, it seems after the fourth start there is no scanning, but there are items three times in library.

Can you assign me a test account on your server?

karmantyu

I am sorry, no. Just checked, the server is too well separated from outside world and I am not near to it. Monday I could dismantle security and build a route for access if it is still actual then.

• Like 1

quickmic
56 minutes ago, karmantyu said:

items three times in library.

This means something went wrong while sync, but I cannot see any issues in the log.

As this happens, you need a factory reset to clear the database and start over.

You could try sync in stages. Not all libs at once. This way at least, you could figure out what library causes the problem.

Probably timeouts on Emby server.

Edited by quickmic

karmantyu
2 minutes ago, quickmic said:

You could try sync in stages.

Good idea. Will reset database and sync in stages. I will report back Monday.

Thank You.

karmantyu

I've got back early. Upgraded server to 4.9.0.5. Reset Kodi database and added the libraries one after an other. Everytnig went OK. The database has single entries.

I think adding ALL libraries at once will not work because the are a lot of entries and as I saw the RAM usage, filling up free RAM space could be the casuse of database corruption.

After adding a libary I had to wait for Kodi to settle the data. I watched CPU and RAM usage.

If a user has huge databases and choses to add All libraries at once, maybe that would be a good idea if embyforkodi plugin would wait 30 sec after adding a library and restart Kodi to settle database and only then adding the next library, cycling until all library added.

What is recommended for Embuary helper and info plugins? Should they be stopped during database synching?

Edited by karmantyu
  • Like 1

quickmic
7 minutes ago, karmantyu said:

What is recommended for Embuary helper and info plugins? Should they be stopped during database synching?

I don't use them at all. They just need additional resources and have no benefit for my use case. I only use the custom nodes from the plugin.

Unfortunately, lots of skins adds helpers as dependency, even if there is no actual need for them. I patch my skins for max performance.

karmantyu
8 minutes ago, quickmic said:

lots of skins adds helpers as dependency,

Exactly that is my case. The skin needs them.

quickmic
2 minutes ago, karmantyu said:

Exactly that is my case. The skin needs them.

can be removed as mandatory dependency in skin's addon.xml (keep in mind, Skin updates will overwrite modification).

Edited by quickmic

karmantyu

Great. I have a derivate from Estuary mod v2 as skin.

Am I understand it ok, we can remove the embuary info and helper plugins because embyforkodi (next-gen) provides the necessary data for the skins?

I will edit the skin for sure.

Edited by karmantyu

smallghost

I meet a problem for this plugin, my emby server is docker latest version, plugin is stable version.

my emby library name is chinese word.

after i syncd all library to kodi, i can see all libraries but all tv show category can not display when i enter the folder.

for example, i have 3 tv shows named 動畫, 日劇, 美劇

when i go to folder 日劇 or 美劇, it always show 動畫 contents.

i saw every chinese name tv shows library path like this library://video/emby_tvshows____/all.xml

all chinese will be replace to underline, so all chinese name tv show libraries will go to wrong content.

• Agree 1

quickmic
6 hours ago, smallghost said:

I meet a problem for this plugin, my emby server is docker latest version, plugin is stable version.

my emby library name is chinese word.

after i syncd all library to kodi, i can see all libraries but all tv show category can not display when i enter the folder.

for example, i have 3 tv shows named 動畫, 日劇, 美劇

when i go to folder 日劇 or 美劇, it always show 動畫 contents.

i saw every chinese name tv shows library path like this library://video/emby_tvshows____/all.xml

all chinese will be replace to underline, so all chinese name tv show libraries will go to wrong content.

Thanks, I think I know what's the issue. I try to fix it in 10.X

Special characters are replaced with "_" for filenaming.

As a workaround, you can use Chinese character names with different length.

quickmic
9 hours ago, karmantyu said:

embyforkodi (next-gen) provides the necessary data for the skins?

Yes, but might need additional skin configuration work.

Edited by quickmic

karmantyu

These calls could simple be replaced by removing script.embuary.info and replacing with embyforkodi or something alike? I think that is not so easy.

RunScript(script.embuary.info,call=moviedbbrowser,search=True)

<animation effect="fade" start="100" end="0" time="300" condition="String.IsEmpty(Window(home).Property(script.embuary.info-nextcall))">WindowClose</animation>

<animation type="WindowCLose" condition="String.IsEmpty(Window(home).Property(script.embuary.info-nextcall))">

<label>[COLOR button_focus]$ADDON[script.embuary.info 32017]:[/COLOR][CR]$INFO[Container(10051).ListItem.Property(Known_For_Department)]</label>                            <label>[COLOR button_focus]$ADDON[script.embuary.info 32007]:[/COLOR][CR]$INFO[Container(10051).ListItem.Property(Place_Of_Birth)]</label>

<onclick>RunScript(script.embuary.info,call=textviewer,header='$ESCINFO[Container(10051).ListItem.Label]',message='$ESCINFO[Container(10051).ListItem.Property(biography)]')</onclick>

quickmic
7 minutes ago, karmantyu said:

These calls could simple be replaced by removing script.embuary.info and replacing with embyforkodi or something alike? I think that is not so easy.

RunScript(script.embuary.info,call=moviedbbrowser,search=True)

<animation effect="fade" start="100" end="0" time="300" condition="String.IsEmpty(Window(home).Property(script.embuary.info-nextcall))">WindowClose</animation>

<animation type="WindowCLose" condition="String.IsEmpty(Window(home).Property(script.embuary.info-nextcall))">

<label>[COLOR button_focus]$ADDON[script.embuary.info 32017]:[/COLOR][CR]$INFO[Container(10051).ListItem.Property(Known_For_Department)]</label>                            <label>[COLOR button_focus]$ADDON[script.embuary.info 32007]:[/COLOR][CR]$INFO[Container(10051).ListItem.Property(Place_Of_Birth)]</label>

<onclick>RunScript(script.embuary.info,call=textviewer,header='$ESCINFO[Container(10051).ListItem.Label]',message='$ESCINFO[Container(10051).ListItem.Property(biography)]')</onclick>

For skinning support please open a new thread. btw. I will not review specific skins. All I'm saying, it's not showstopper removing the helpers. e.g. for search there is always the "regular" Kodi search button not related to helpers. But if you want this feature as it is, keep the helpers. (globalsearch addon)

Edited by quickmic
  • Like 1

smallghost
15 hours ago, quickmic said:

Thanks, I think I know what's the issue. I try to fix it in 10.X

Special characters are replaced with "_" for filenaming.

As a workaround, you can use Chinese character names with different length.

Got it, I append English region code after every Chinese library name to do workaround.

Now it's working.

Thx.

• Like 1

sfatula

Is there a way to change the view type when using dynamic mode? For example, when I go to a dynamic node for an Emby library where the top level is just a folder list, Kodi ises list view and you cam't change it. i'd rather use another view, perhaps Wall. 

Edited by sfatula

quickmic
51 minutes ago, sfatula said:

Is there a way to change the view type when using dynamic mode? For example, when I go to a dynamic node for an Emby library where the top level is just a folder list, Kodi ises list view and you cam't change it. i'd rather use another view, perhaps Wall. 

This is up to Kodi/Skin. The plugin defines the types e.g. folder, but not the view types.