quickmic
16 minutes ago, Seger said:

image.thumb.png.8b743bcc116b7839b27433cb4061d991.png

Plugin VirtuelTV

I'll check...

• Thanks 1

quickmic

@Seger

What kind of channel setup do you use? -> screenshots of you settings please.

Seger

Please find attached the config file of the addon, everything is included. I have subsequently changed my user name.

Use VirtualTV in the latest DEV from the Emby catalogue

In the export settings I just generated a user, but I don't know if it is needed for Kodi now.

VirtualTV.xml

athanatos875

Hi @quickmic

I'll throw my logs in here too.  Using the latest beta and I cannot sync.  It looks like the photos library might be the cause of it.  I don't sync that library to Kodi, but I can keep that in my Emby config if you would like me to test.

kodi.log

quickmic
2 minutes ago, athanatos875 said:

Hi @quickmic

I'll throw my logs in here too.  Using the latest beta and I cannot sync.  It looks like the photos library might be the cause of it.  I don't sync that library to Kodi, but I can keep that in my Emby config if you would like me to test.

kodi.log 51.96 kB · 0 downloads

What kind of library is that? I have also photos in my libraries, but they are reported as "homevideos" not as "photos"

athanatos875
4 minutes ago, quickmic said:

What kind of library is that? I have also photos in my libraries, but they are reported as "homevideos" not as "photos"

Interesting!  It just says "Photos" for my library type.  It is an old library from several previous versions of Emby ago.  If I try to add a new library, looks like I have to have to define it as "Home videos & photos"

quickmic
Just now, athanatos875 said:

Interesting!  It just says "Photos" for my library type.  It is an old library from several previous versions of Emby ago.  If I try to add a new library, looks like I have to have to define it as "Home videos & photos"

Probably for the best, I can add a fix, but "photos" is not available on my setup.

athanatos875
3 minutes ago, quickmic said:

Probably for the best, I can add a fix, but "photos" is not available on my setup.

I'll rebuild it as the new library type.  Thanks for noticing that!  I would have been looking at the logs forever trying to figure that out.

• Like 1

LongMan

Just curious. It occurred earlier with a books library and now with a photo library. Why is a library that is not selected to be synced affecting the sync?
Edit: Can you not just request libraries chosen to be synced?

Edited by LongMan

quickmic
1 minute ago, LongMan said:

Just curious. It occurred earlier with a books library and now with a photo library. Why is a library that is not selected to be synced affecting the sync?

Dynamic nodes. They always reflect the entire libraries of Emby not just the synced ones.

LongMan
Just now, quickmic said:

Dynamic nodes. They always reflect the entire libraries of Emby not just the synced ones.

Thanks for explaining. Should that not be separate from synced libraries? Why do those need to be coupled?

quickmic
5 minutes ago, LongMan said:

I too have 3 photo libraries that were added in 2014 or 2015.

Interesting, I will exclude photos in next version. This also means, "photos" libraries are not addressed even by dynamic nodes and even Kodi is capable to handle that sort of content.

Anyway, I cannot add support for that, cause I cannot select "photos" as a "content type". e.g. Emby server -> "New library" -> there is no "photos"

Edited by quickmic

LongMan

Found an old node for one of the photos libraries,

<path pathversion="1">plugin://plugin.video.emby/?id=xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx&mode=browse&type=photos,return</path>

quickmic
3 minutes ago, LongMan said:

Found an old node for one of the photos libraries,

<path pathversion="1">plugin://plugin.video.emby/?id=xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx&mode=browse&type=photos,return</path>

That's not the problem and it's correct. I'm not talking about Kodi nodes. I'm talking about the libray type on Emby server. This issue is not related to Kodi at all.

What you posted is the content type and "photos" is valid there. But a librarytype "photos" does not exist in my setup. As mentioned, Emby library type for Photocontent is "homevideos" not "photos".

quickmic

Anyway, hold on a few minutes, I'll exclude "photos" but as @athanatos875did, you should probably migrate to homevideos on Emby server.

quickmic

New BETA version available 9.4.17:

Delta changelog 9.4.16 -> 9.4.17

exclude photos
fix virtual tv

Mdrpi

Hi everybody,

I'm trying to connect emby to my server from outside home. If I use the browser I can reach the server and login correctly.

If I try to use emby next gen inside kodi, the plugin keeps telling me the user or password are wrong even if I'm sure they're not. Same credentials work perfectly if I use the browser.

What am I doing wrong? Thanks in advance for your help!!

quickmic
1 minute ago, Mdrpi said:

Hi everybody,

I'm trying to connect emby to my server from outside home. If I use the browser I can reach the server and login correctly.

If I try to use emby next gen inside kodi, the plugin keeps telling me the user or password are wrong even if I'm sure they're not. Same credentials work perfectly if I use the browser.

What am I doing wrong? Thanks in advance for your help!!

Please send me a kodi.log for review.

Wild guess, you use a proxy server with wrong configuration.

Kurosh

Hi again @quickmic

Is there any reason why syncing Emby to Kodi favourites is one by default? It's played absolute havoc with my setup.

As it's on by default when thw addon updated, it overwritten my intentionally separate and different kodi favourites... on all my clients. When I disabled this feature it didn't revert back and when I delete the kodi favourites it also deleted my Emby favourites from the server.

I use EmbySweeper to delete watched episodes EXCEPT IF THEY ARE AN EMBY FAVOURITE. I also have manual shared SMB folders of miscellanous media for Kodi favourites which are media that don't fit into the Emby library categories, again these kodi favourites on all my clients got lost and overwritten with Emby favourites... without my doing as was enabled by default.

I'm very concious that any reset required of this Emby for Kodi Addon (quite often) will repeat this pain.

Thanks.

Edited by Kurosh

LongMan

@quickmicI noticed that actors for music videos are no longer synced to kodi, even though both Kodi and Emby supports actors on music videos.

quickmic
8 hours ago, LongMan said:

@quickmicI noticed that actors for music videos are no longer synced to kodi, even though both Kodi and Emby supports actors on music videos.

Yes they are synced. Please elaborate what's missing.

musicvideo-artist.png

Edited by quickmic

quickmic
9 hours ago, Kurosh said:

Hi again @quickmic

Is there any reason why syncing Emby to Kodi favourites is one by default? It's played absolute havoc with my setup.

As it's on by default when thw addon updated, it overwritten my intentionally separate and different kodi favourites... on all my clients. When I disabled this feature it didn't revert back and when I delete the kodi favourites it also deleted my Emby favourites from the server.

I use EmbySweeper to delete watched episodes EXCEPT IF THEY ARE AN EMBY FAVOURITE. I also have manual shared SMB folders of miscellanous media for Kodi favourites which are media that don't fit into the Emby library categories, again these kodi favourites on all my clients got lost and overwritten with Emby favourites... without my doing as was enabled by default.

Cause it's logical to sync favorites by default. Favorties are favorites and not designed to used as an indicator from some script to delete something. I must say, you are the one doing some voodoo here not the plugin. 😉

If this breaks your workflow, it's up to you check the settings first and probably backup the favorites.

btw, syncing favorites was a user request.

I'm very concious that any reset required of this Emby for Kodi Addon (quite often) will repeat this pain.

Yes, a factory reset will always reset to default settings AND will delete and rebuild the favorites.xml

But resets are mostly enforced while plugin is under development/major version upgrades, not for stable versions.

Edited by quickmic

NNate

I've been having weird progress syncing bugs since updating to 9.4.12 I think (I'm on the latest now). When I start streaming an episode I no longer get the status message in my Emby server Dashboard that states I'm watching an episode - same when it completes.

When I finish watching the episode, the nextup_episode.xml emby dynamic tv shows widget doesn't update in Kodi to show the proper next episode in the series. Quitting and re-opening Kodi doesn't fix that either. I have to manually enter the context menu and mark it as watched for the widget to update.

My logs have a bunch of errors, but I'm unsure if they may be related.

kodi.log

Edited by NNate

quickmic
8 minutes ago, NNate said:

I've been having weird progress syncing bugs since updating to 9.4.12 (I'm on the latest now). When I start streaming an episode I no longer get the status message in my Emby server Dashboard that states I'm watching an episode - same when it completes.

When I finish watching the episode, the nextup_episode.xml emby dynamic tv shows widget doesn't update in Kodi to show the proper next episode in the series. Quitting and re-opening Kodi doesn't fix that either. I have to manually enter the context menu and mark it as watched for the widget to update.

My logs have a bunch of errors, but I'm unsure if they may be related.

kodi.log 77.37 kB · 0 downloads

Well first, 9.4.12 is not the latest version. 9.4.15/9.4.17 are, however. I can see an issue in the log, but it's reporting as a movie. I'll check that.