embyforkodi (next-gen) 9.X.X support

quickmic

quickmic

@NNate

I did a quick test with 9.4.17. No issue found, please try this version and report if the issue still appears. If yes, I need additional information.

NNate
5 minutes ago, quickmic said:

@NNate

I did a quick test with 9.4.17. No issue found, please try this version and report if the issue still appears. If yes, I need additional information.

Yes, sorry I wasn't clear. I'm on 9.4.17 now - I think the issue started with 9.4.12. I had hoped updating would help, but I'm still having the same issue.

I've reset my local db multiple times and have reconnected to the local emby server as well, but no change.

Edited by NNate

quickmic
Just now, NNate said:

Yes, sorry I wasn't clear. I'm on 9.4.17 now - I think the issue started with 9.4.12. I had hoped updating would help, but I'm still having the same issues.

Please post the full path of the file you played.

Mechanical Whispers

Since updating to 9.4.17, whenever I delete a watched TV episode from the Emby context menu in Kodi, it deletes the entire season. Thankfully, it's still in my Emby library. So if I resync the libraries, the listed TV episodes come back. But this just started happening since I updated to 9.4.17

quickmic
5 minutes ago, Mechanical Whispers said:

Since updating to 9.4.17, whenever I delete a watched TV episode from the Emby context menu in Kodi, it deletes the entire season. Thankfully, it's still in my Emby library. So if I resync the libraries, the listed TV episodes come back. But this just started happening since I updated to 9.4.17

ok, will check. Again, deleting content is dangerous. A tiny bug in the code can lead to catastrophic results!

I would never implemented that feature in the code if it was my decision. It's legacy from 4.X and was really a bad choice.

Edited by quickmic

quickmic
7 minutes ago, Mechanical Whispers said:

From where did you delete the episode? From a widget or a browsing list?

Mechanical Whispers
6 minutes ago, quickmic said:

From where did you delete the episode? From a widget or a browsing list?

I watch an episode in Kodi. And I have it set to prompt me if I want to delete the episode after I watch it. When I do, the rest of the season is removed from my Kodi. But it's still in my Emby library. It also seems to happen if I use the context menu in Kodi, delete a watched episode using "EMBY: Delete" in the context menu.

• Like 1

quickmic
3 hours ago, Mechanical Whispers said:

I watch an episode in Kodi. And I have it set to prompt me if I want to delete the episode after I watch it. When I do, the rest of the season is removed from my Kodi. But it's still in my Emby library. It also seems to happen if I use the context menu in Kodi, delete a watched episode using "EMBY: Delete" in the context menu.

Currently I'm not able to reproduce the issue.

quickmic

New BETA version available 9.4.18:

Delta changelog 9.4.17 -> 9.4.18

fix sync issue for invalid episodes metadata
fix nextepisodes synced node

LongMan

For metadata, a music video can have two categories of persons Artist(s),  and Cast/Crew (actors and directors). The artist(s), singer, rapper, band etc. The actors are the dancers, other artist making cameo appearances and if the video is of a live performance, members of the backing band. Director is self explanatory.
The artists are synced. It is the actors that are not. In Emby, the artists are at the top only as artist and the actors and directors are below as cast and crew.

On my system, none of the actors are synced to Kodi just artists and director. Your screen shot shows Depeche Mode as both artist and actor. There are no other persons in that screen shot

quickmic
38 minutes ago, LongMan said:

For metadata, a music video can have two categories of persons Artist(s),  and Cast/Crew (actors and directors). The artist(s), singer, rapper, band etc. The actors are the dancers, other artist making cameo appearances and if the video is of a live performance, members of the backing band. Director is self explanatory.
The artists are synced. It is the actors that are not. In Emby, the artists are at the top only as artist and the actors and directors are below as cast and crew.

On my system, none of the actors are synced to Kodi just artists and director. Your screen shot shows Depeche Mode as both artist and actor. There are no other persons in that screen shot

Yes, but Kodi works differently. I need to check how I could integrate that in a proper way.

Kodi has only actors and directors (not even sure directors are respected) for musicvideos. There is no artist in Kodi for musicvideos. (not entirely true, there is the C10 field if you know Kodi's database, but I think this would go too far).

If I would assign everything as an actor, you would lose a proper artist search.

e.g. I have lot's of musicvideos, and if I browse by actor I would prefer only list the artists and not background dancers whatsoever.

I see what I can do.

Edited by quickmic

LongMan

Put all persons as actors and for the actual artist put the role as 'artist', while for everyone  else copy their role from emby.

quickmic
6 minutes ago, LongMan said:

Put all persons as actors and for the actual artist put the role as 'artist', while for everyone  else copy their role from emby.

No convinced, this still wouldn't mess the browsing experience. As far as I know, the role is just a label and not possible to filter by role.

quickmic
18 minutes ago, LongMan said:

Just checked, with stock Kodi. No plugin at all. Multiple actors assigned to a video -> stock Kodi artist node -> All assigned actors are listed in artists view.

Edited by quickmic

LongMan
3 minutes ago, quickmic said:

Just checked, with stock Kodi. No plugin at all. Multiple actors assigned to a video -> stock Kodi artist node -> All assigned actors are listed in artists view.

There is a settings that controls whether all performers are shown or just the main artist (the ones with role = 'artist')

Edit: https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/pull/18826

Edited by LongMan

quickmic
Just now, LongMan said:

There is a settings that controls whether all performers are shown or just the main artist (the ones with role = 'artist')

ok, I'll try to find that option. btw, I always compare my sync integrations with Kodi's stock scan/scraped data. There is no role assigned by Kodi.

quickmic
6 minutes ago, LongMan said:

I found the option, but the result is no artists at all.

I tried "artist" and "musicvideoartist". Nothing

quickmic

@LongMan

I think I finally found the solution. It has nothing todo with roles. It's the C10 field but only if an "actor" is matching that data, very weird. I'll perform some tests, but I can tell you straight. This is nothing for 9.X, I try to add it in 10.X

quickmic
2 hours ago, JavierPa said:

Hello, a question, what is a dynamic node?

Section Sync content vs dynamic content

Dynamic nodes are for browsing dynamic content.