embyforkodi (next-gen) 9.X.X support

quickmic

sfatula
18 hours ago, Loondawg said:

@quickmic

Hi, I figured out what is causing the "playback failed" problem I was originally reporting with dynamic libraries. Playback will fail if you select "more information" instead of directly selecting "play."

Set the default video action under Settings > Media > Videos > Default Selection Action to Play and it works fine. But set it to Show Information and then select Play or Resume when the information dialog is shown and playback will fail with the message "Playback failed [OK] One or more items failed to play. Check the log file for more information about this message." You can test this quite easily by selecting Choose. Play from there works. Play after more information doesn't.

It dos not appear this is a skin problem as I tested with several different skins and it happened in all of them. And it's important to note, if the library is synced it will work fine even if you access videos through the dynamic library menu. It only fails if the library is not synced and you select show information before play.

Hope this makes sense.

Same for me on 10.0.6, glad you found that as I did have it set to show information and got same error! Would have never guessed that.

• Like 1

quickmic

New BETA version available 9.4.19:

Delta changelog 9.4.18 -> 9.4.19

fix Studio sync issue
fix BoxSet sync issue
backport MusicAlbum bugfix from 10.X
fix extracted bluray and dvd playback

Comment:

Refresh boxsets is recommended
For bluray/DVD extracted content, a repair-sync is required

Andy2k

Hi,

i have a problem with the latest 9.x.x tree versions i had before with the 8.x.x tree.

When i played non-synced (local) content (playing just a file), kodi stop to update the playstate (in progress, watched) on synced content (movies, tv-show episodes...) till i restart kodi.

This was fixed in 8.2.10+ versions.

https://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/116208-embyforkodi-next-gen-8xx-support/page/19/#comment-1268290

Since this bug returned in the 9.x.x tree its maybe possible it is in the 10.x.x tree also.

SwanStream

Question @quickmic. Ive had some trouble with the emby library.db. So I've nuked it and rebuilt. User watched status isn't restoring from backups (no idea why theres a whole thread about that mess), so wonder if I can use the addon to "update"embys watched status for the user I care about? Thoughts?

quickmic
Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, SwanStream said:

Question @quickmic. Ive had some trouble with the emby library.db. So I've nuked it and rebuilt. User watched status isn't restoring from backups (no idea why theres a whole thread about that mess), so wonder if I can use the addon to "update"embys watched status for the user I care about? Thoughts?

Unfortunately not. The content item's Emby Id in the database has changed. The mapping is no longer valid.

Edited by quickmic

quickmic

New STABLE version available 9.4.19:

New BETA version available 9.4.20:

Delta changelog 9.4.19 -> 9.4.20

fix 'FreeTypeFont' object has no attribute 'getsize' -> python pillow api change
fix playertracker issue
fix library removal issue for edge case
fix player crash

dapharsyde

Hi, I am using the latest version 9.4.20 and have a question about dynamic libraries.  While navigating my content through the "folder" view, after I delete a video from a folder, the UI still shows the video I deleted (even though the file was deleted successfully).  Is it possible to have the UI refresh the contents of this folder automatically after deleting a file?

quickmic
Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, dapharsyde said:

Hi, I am using the latest version 9.4.20 and have a question about dynamic libraries.  While navigating my content through the "folder" view, after I delete a video from a folder, the UI still shows the video I deleted (even though the file was deleted successfully).  Is it possible to have the UI refresh the contents of this folder automatically after deleting a file?

Did you return to a subfolder/previous folder and browse again?

Edited by quickmic

seashell

I'm new to Kodi, so new to emby for kodi as well.  Installed 9.4.20 on a 20.5 nightly build of Kodi.  Accepted the defaults, all libraries synced.  I'm using the default Estuary skin.

I see absolutely nothing in the way of "intro skips".  Playback settings has "Skip Intro" and "Ask Skip Intro" both on.  Skip intro works fine on the emby web app and android apps.

Am I missing something obvious to make this work?

And yes, I know it's a nightly so that could be the issue.  So I'm not at this time looking for debugging just a "you're doing it wrong (or not)" sanity check please.

quickmic
4 hours ago, seashell said:

I'm new to Kodi, so new to emby for kodi as well.  Installed 9.4.20 on a 20.5 nightly build of Kodi.  Accepted the defaults, all libraries synced.  I'm using the default Estuary skin.

I see absolutely nothing in the way of "intro skips".  Playback settings has "Skip Intro" and "Ask Skip Intro" both on.  Skip intro works fine on the emby web app and android apps.

Am I missing something obvious to make this work?

And yes, I know it's a nightly so that could be the issue.  So I'm not at this time looking for debugging just a "you're doing it wrong (or not)" sanity check please.

• Thanks 1

dapharsyde
22 hours ago, quickmic said:

Did you return to a subfolder/previous folder and browse again?

Yes, navigating to a previous folder and back in again still shows the deleted file.  My current workaround is closing and restarting Kodi to force a refresh.

quickmic
2 minutes ago, dapharsyde said:

Yes, navigating to a previous folder and back in again still shows the deleted file.  My current workaround is closing and restarting Kodi to force a refresh.

ok, I'll check the cache, cause it should be cleaned.

If I find a bug, I'll fix it in 10.X cause this is an absolute edge case.

dapharsyde
52 minutes ago, quickmic said:

ok, I'll check the cache, cause it should be cleaned.

If I find a bug, I'll fix it in 10.X cause this is an absolute edge case.

Thank you, I will keep an eye out.

I happen to have another edge case issue 😕 - again with dynamic nodes navigating by folder, when I have a file/folder structure like this:

/2024/
         01/
               only.one.file.in.folder.mp4
          02/
                one.of.many.files.in.folder.mp4
                two.of.many.files.in.folder.mp4
          03/
                 n.of.many.files.in.folder.mp4
           04/
               another.only.one.file.in.folder.mp4

the plugin will only show the files if they are the only one in a folder, and it will be at the upper folder level, all of the files from 02 and 03 appear missing - eg.:

/2024/

in the 8.x.x version of the plugin, the singleton files also appear at the upper folder level, but at least the other folders would show, eg.:

/2024/        
          02/
          03/

For now I'm working around the issue by trying to avoid having folders with only a single file, but I'm wondering if this was an intended change? 

quickmic
3 minutes ago, dapharsyde said:

Thank you, I will keep an eye out.

I happen to have another edge case issue 😕 - again with dynamic nodes navigating by folder, when I have a file/folder structure like this:

/2024/
         01/
          02/
          03/
           04/

the plugin will only show the files if they are the only one in a folder, and it will be at the upper folder level, all of the files from 02 and 03 appear missing - eg.:

/2024/

in the 8.x.x version of the plugin, the singleton files also appear at the upper folder level, but at least the other folders would show, eg.:

/2024/        
          02/
          03/

For now I'm working around the issue by trying to avoid having folders with only a single file, but I'm wondering if this was an intended change? 

For dynamic nodes switch to 10.X

There a major changes.

dapharsyde
18 minutes ago, quickmic said:

For dynamic nodes switch to 10.X

There a major changes.

Ok, I tried 10.0.11 and the behavior is the same.  

quickmic
1 minute ago, dapharsyde said:

Ok, I tried 10.0.11 and the behavior is the same.  

Which content type?

dapharsyde
2 minutes ago, quickmic said:

Which content type?

home video/photos

quickmic
11 minutes ago, dapharsyde said:

home video/photos

ok, I'll check that too

quickmic
2 minutes ago, quickmic said:

ok, I'll check that too

btw, try Photoalbum instead of Folders view.

dapharsyde
8 minutes ago, quickmic said:

btw, try Photoalbum instead of Folders view.

the content is videos though

quickmic
26 minutes ago, dapharsyde said:

the content is videos though

Emby Photoalbum Type also includes videos.

dapharsyde
5 minutes ago, quickmic said:

Emby Photoalbum Type also includes videos.

image.png.ab1410411293f295a0d7299dcf150409.png

If I navigate to Photoalbums, there are no results.  If I navigate to Videos, it shows all the videos without any nested structure at all.  Sorry, am I misunderstanding?

quickmic
5 hours ago, dapharsyde said:

image.png.ab1410411293f295a0d7299dcf150409.png

If I navigate to Photoalbums, there are no results.  If I navigate to Videos, it shows all the videos without any nested structure at all.  Sorry, am I misunderstanding?

I send you a test version via PM

• 2 weeks later...
quickmic
14 hours ago, JavierPa said:

Hello! How do you sort by genre in Kodi?

There are genre nodes available, or do you mean something different?

• Thanks 1