embyforkodi (next-gen) 9.X.X support

quickmic

LongMan
6 minutes ago, quickmic said:

I think I finally found the solution. It has nothing todo with roles. It's the C10 field but only if an "actor" is matching that data, very weird. I'll perform some tests, but I can tell you straight. This is nothing for 9.X, I try to add it in 10.X

ok . thanks

LongMan

Sounds like the actors table have every person in the videos while any actor who is an artist in a music video is noted in C10. I assume there is a similar situation for movies and episodes.

quickmic
2 minutes ago, LongMan said:

Sounds like the actors table have every person in the videos while any actor who is an artist in a music video is noted in C10. I assume there is a similar situation for movies and episodes.

I never started digging for movies and episodes, might be yes but actually I don't think so cause only Musicvideos has this "special option" in Kodi settings.

Frankly, Kodi database design is a grown structure and now suffers from major flaws. e.g. no Tags in mymusic.db. Also no Tag assignment for episode or season, no proper designed path/file assignment. No picture support at all, only on filebasis. Nodes addressing videodb://inprogress etc. messing up favorites and not unified. Widgets have major issues with metadata from database etc.

...just to name a few.

quickmic

@LongMan

Just performed a test, but a node filter addressing matching tags results in an invalid database query from Kodi. Fantastic 😡

Kurosh
11 hours ago, quickmic said:

Cause it's logical to sync favorites by default. Favorties are favorites and not designed to used as an indicator from some script to delete something. I must say, you are the one doing some voodoo here not the plugin. 😉

If this breaks your workflow, it's up to you check the settings first and probably backup the favorites.

btw, syncing favorites was a user request.

Hi @quickmic

w.r.t. to voodoo, yeah possibly but that's only through lack of choice because this feature request from 2014 still hasn't been addressed as far as I know. Look throught his thread below, it points to the EmbySweeper script and other devs (Luke if I recall?) is aware of it.

FR: Server: Auto Delete Watched after "N" Days

It still doesn't make sense how it's logical to sync favourites especially the way favourites are sync'd? Essentially deleting & replacing existing Kodi favourites with just the Emby Server favourites? It is trivial to add a separate shortcut in any Kodi skin to 'Emby' Favourites as well (as I've done with 'Kodi' Favouties) so why the delete and replace functionality? It would be more understandable if you didn't delete and replace and merely added to what's there already. I've always had two (Kodi + Emby favourties) shortcuts, to kill the Kodi curated shortcuts and just have the media only Emby Server can interpret seems a bit heavy handed.

Also, though it was a user request (and I don't understand the implementation), that doesn't answer why on by 'default' - e.g. effecting all users? That's my main point.

Even if you disagree with everything I've written (though would be interested to know why), can you point me to what is the "non-voodoo" way to....

1. Houseclean media (delete after an amount of time base don whether watched, but to exclude/filter out some tv series/movies you want to keep)?
- I've ONLY been able to find EmbySweeper.
- This would allow me to stop using a 3rd party script to housekeep media which depends on Emby Favourites to exclude media for deletion.

2. Have shortcuts in Kodi to miscellaenous media which doesn't fit into a (TV Shows / Movies etc.) library?
- I've used Kodi Shortcuts pointing to a SMB share. Worked flawlessly for years.
- This would allow me to maintain accessing miscellaneous media outside of Emby.

Appreciate all you do, it's just this feels heavy handed to me, just not enabled by default would fix everything, then I doubt I would have even noticed it, certainly wouldn';t have turned it on.

Edited by Kurosh

LongMan

A list of artists separate from a list of other performers?

Was that the objective?

quickmic
4 minutes ago, LongMan said:

Was that the objective?

What are you quoting?

feerlessleadr

Hi @quickmicI had this issue on v8 of the plugin, but never reported, and it appears I'm still having it on v9 as well.

When I navigate to the dynamic nodes in E4KNG, then go to a custom library, then go to folder view, kodi crashes when loading the artwork for the folders. I captured a log below:

https://pastebin.ubuntu.com/p/SF6N3v2HX6/

It only happens on one of my custom emby libraries, and not all of them. 

Edited by feerlessleadr

LongMan

The answer was

Not currently no. There is also currently no way to get a list of music videos that feature a performer in the same way that you can get a list of movies featuring a particular artist. That only works for the main artist. For sure there are some further improvements that could be implemented but this cross-over stuff (especially where people want the video db to behave more like the music db) is not straight forward.  It is very easy to make what looks like a simple change but end up breaking a lot of functionality in some other part of Kodi.

quickmic
3 minutes ago, feerlessleadr said:

Hi @quickmicI had this issue on v8 of the plugin, but never reported, and it appears I'm still having it on v9 as well.

When I navigate to the dynamic nodes in E4KNG, then go to a custom library, then go to folder view, kodi crashes when loading the artwork for the folders. I captured a log below:

https://pastebin.ubuntu.com/p/SF6N3v2HX6/

Well, I don't see any crashes in the log. However, probably try 10.X cause I fixed several issues related to that matter.

quickmic

The answer was

I still don't know what are you quoting? Kodi forum? Did I miss something?

quickmic

from the forum I posted earlier. The discussion started around here
https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=356598&pid=3035387#pid3035387

Yes, and what you wanna tell me? I think the matter is clear, I will add all "actors" in 10.x but Kodi has another bug, when i comes to nodes filtered by tags.

I haven't reviewed workarounds yet, but the situation is clear to me. Using this "Show all performers for music videos" disabled will break the tag nodes filter.

quickmic
2024-02-18 16:57:05.109 T:7       error <general>: SQL: [MyVideos124.db] SQLite error SQLITE_ERROR (near "WHERE": syntax error)
                                                   Query: SELECT actor.actor_id, actor.name, actor.art_urls, count(1), count(files.playCount) FROM actor JOIN actor_link on actor.actor_id = actor_link.actor_id JOIN musicvideo_view on actor_link.media_id = musicvideo_view.idMVideo AND actor_link.media_type='musicvideo' JOIN files ON files.idFile = musicvideo_view.idFile WHERE actor.name IN (SELECT musicvideo_view.c10 from musicvideo_view) WHERE (( EXISTS (SELECT 1 FROM tag_link         JOIN tag ON tag.tag_id=tag_link.tag_id         WHERE tag_link.media_id=musicvideo_view.idMVideo AND tag.name  LIKE 'Music Concerts' AND tag_link.media_type = 'musicvideo'))) GROUP BY actor.actor_id
2024-02-18 16:57:05.109 T:7       error <general>: GetPeopleNav failed

quickmic

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="yes" ?>
<node order="9" type="filter">
    <label>Artists</label>
    <icon>DefaultMusicArtists.png</icon>
    <content>musicvideos</content>
    <match>all</match>
    <rule field="tag" operator="is">Musicvideos</rule>

<group>artists</group>
    <order direction="ascending">artists</order>
</node>

Mdrpi
On 2/17/2024 at 6:25 PM, quickmic said:

Please send me a kodi.log for review.

Wild guess, you use a proxy server with wrong configuration.

Not sure how to get kodi log. Do I need to send you kodi.log file right after I did the operations to setup the addon?

I'm using a cloudflare tunnel to connect to my emby server when not at home. Server is reachable because login and streaming work perfectly if I use a web browser.

LongMan
4 hours ago, quickmic said:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="yes" ?>
<node order="9" type="filter">
    <label>Artists</label>
    <icon>DefaultMusicArtists.png</icon>
    <content>musicvideos</content>
    <match>all</match>
    <rule field="tag" operator="is">Musicvideos</rule>

<group>artists</group>
    <order direction="ascending">artists</order>
</node>

Does this node work?

quickmic
3 hours ago, LongMan said:

Does this node work?

No, not with "Show all performers for music videos" set to disabled.

It leads to an invalid database query in Kodi.

"Show all performers for music videos" enabled, no problem with the node.

Edited by quickmic

quickmic
8 hours ago, Mdrpi said:

Not sure how to get kodi log. Do I need to send you kodi.log file right after I did the operations to setup the addon?

I'm using a cloudflare tunnel to connect to my emby server when not at home. Server is reachable because login and streaming work perfectly if I use a web browser.

Please open a new thread for this topic, how to get logs from Kodi depends on your device. There are tons of info in the net how to get logs.

• Thanks 1

Kurosh
On 18/02/2024 at 17:03, Kurosh said:

Hi @quickmic

w.r.t. to voodoo, yeah possibly but that's only through lack of choice because this feature request from 2014 still hasn't been addressed as far as I know. Look throught his thread below, it points to the EmbySweeper script and other devs (Luke if I recall?) is aware of it.

FR: Server: Auto Delete Watched after "N" Days

It still doesn't make sense how it's logical to sync favourites especially the way favourites are sync'd? Essentially deleting & replacing existing Kodi favourites with just the Emby Server favourites? It is trivial to add a separate shortcut in any Kodi skin to 'Emby' Favourites as well (as I've done with 'Kodi' Favouties) so why the delete and replace functionality? It would be more understandable if you didn't delete and replace and merely added to what's there already. I've always had two (Kodi + Emby favourties) shortcuts, to kill the Kodi curated shortcuts and just have the media only Emby Server can interpret seems a bit heavy handed.

Also, though it was a user request (and I don't understand the implementation), that doesn't answer why on by 'default' - e.g. effecting all users? That's my main point.

Even if you disagree with everything I've written (though would be interested to know why), can you point me to what is the "non-voodoo" way to....

1. Houseclean media (delete after an amount of time base don whether watched, but to exclude/filter out some tv series/movies you want to keep)?
- I've ONLY been able to find EmbySweeper.
- This would allow me to stop using a 3rd party script to housekeep media which depends on Emby Favourites to exclude media for deletion.

2. Have shortcuts in Kodi to miscellaenous media which doesn't fit into a (TV Shows / Movies etc.) library?
- I've used Kodi Shortcuts pointing to a SMB share. Worked flawlessly for years.
- This would allow me to maintain accessing miscellaneous media outside of Emby.

Appreciate all you do, it's just this feels heavy handed to me, just not enabled by default would fix everything, then I doubt I would have even noticed it, certainly wouldn';t have turned it on.

Hi @quickmic- any update on this? Happy to open a new thread if you'd prefer?

quickmic
7 hours ago, Kurosh said:

Hi @quickmic- any update on this? Happy to open a new thread if you'd prefer?

Yes, you can open a new thread for that, maybe there is a different solution (e.b. by tagging content instead of raping favorites).

Edited by quickmic
  • Agree 1

Kurosh
5 hours ago, quickmic said:

Yes, you can open a new thread for that, maybe there is a different solution (e.b. by tagging content instead of raping favorites).

"Kodi" Favourites? 😄

karmantyu

Is synchronizing 136000+ Person and the whole library by every start of KODI necessary / normal? Eg. how to switch off this? Latest 9.4.18 + server 4.9.0.4

quickmic
3 minutes ago, karmantyu said:

Is synchronizing 136000+ Person and the whole library by every start of KODI necessary / normal? Eg. how to switch off this? Latest 9.4.18 + server 4.9.0.4

It should sync Persons only once (on init sync) assuming you are not rebuilding your Emby database every time. But I've a feeling you do so.

I need a Kodi.log for review.

Edited by quickmic