Kodi Beta version discussion thread

im85288

Angelblue05

I will check within the hour then, because it didn't find it yet. :) Thanks xnappo! Before updating to the newest version, I get url not found when I try to manually mark something as watched. Is this something that's solved in 0.9.755?

Angelblue05

@@xnappo and @@im85288

I would like to speak on behalf of the Kodi/Mediabrowser community (which I'm sure everyone will agree with) in saying: Thank you so much for all of your hard work and responsiveness. You guys are like superheroes, haha!

BTW, great job on the fast movies. It's loading my movies instantly, on my local server. On the remote server, it takes a bit longer to populate, which is to be expected I guess.

As for the "play all from here", has the watched status/monitoring been implement with the feature?

Edited by Angelblue05

im85288

Thanks, I'm glad the profile switching problem is finally resolved :)

As for the play rest of season thing, yes it does synch watch status. Currently testing it with Fargo which has gripped me.

Angelblue05

Ok, I will test the "Play all from here" feature. Btw I'm unable to use the feature when I'm using the remote server. Is it something that can only be done via smb access?

Edit: Brainfart....I was using the option via context menu when I was using the remote server. The feature you guys added totally works on local and remote. Awesome job! and it adds the watch status too, it's frikkin brilliant. I'm amazed at how far this add-on has come.

Edited by Angelblue05

dark_slayer

754 fixed the inability to ever login from a fresh install issue for my new OE 5 install

Beta repo needs a force refresh upon new installs to pull in skins and MB

Usernames are now found :-)

Also have to include a 10s startup delay for network to be ready or I get a can't find url error and nothing loads in XF or Titan (though it still works in the add-on)

Also, @@xnappo a lot of the things I held to nox4 for are kind of deprecated by a combination of the add-on and nox5

Looks like a lot has changed today. My setup went from working last night, to broke this morning, to working this afternoon, to now broke with 0.9.757.  :(  Titan tiles do nothing again and have to enter MB through the program add-ons list. From there I get all my lists and media, but choosing something to play results in nothing. Literally, nothing. No error, no nothing.

Haven't started looking at the logs yet and not complaining as I expect this much when using betas, but figured I'd throw out that something is broken for me now. Starting with the standard troubleshooting of reboot everything before digging in to logs. Will let you know if/what I find.

xnappo

I don't expect it to be that broken, but 0.9.758 is heading to the repo now. 

Please post logs...

Remember - you can rollback, and I recommend setting not to automatically update if family members are using beta :)

xnappo

I don't expect it to be that broken, but 0.9.758 is heading to the repo now. 

Please post logs...

Remember - you can rollback, and I recommend setting not to automatically update if family members are using beta :)

xnappo

I'll take a look at that release. Switching to use HTTP instead of SMB seemed to get it playing again. I'll try disabling that again shortly.

Rollback always seems to be grayed out for me and doesn't let me do it. 

Angelblue05

@@vidkun

Yeah, rollback doesn't work for me either.

I save a copy of a version of the add-on that works for me and keep it as backup. It's only a few MB and will save you a lot of headaches if something goes wrong and you need to restore a working version. I try to update the version so I don't restore a copy that's too old. Hope this helps.

Btw, if you need HTTP and your server is within your network, then I believe it's a share problem. Can you make sure that your media folders are setup correctly and the user running media browser server has access to your shared folders: http://mediabrowser.tv/community/index.php?/topic/703-how-to-make-unc-folder-shares/

Edited by Angelblue05

Hi, profile switching still has a bit of an issue. MB3 is correctly picking up the profile switch, so no problem there. The issue is the user logged in and related content is not loaded/refreshed after a profile switch.  The previous user info is showing (i.e. profile picture in 1080 skin + movie/TV show content).  Real issue here is parental controls are ignored until the add-on correctly picks up the new profile and loads relevant content (and excludes content that should not be viewed or played).  Takes about 5 minutes for the skin to update the new user that has logged in and show the correct content.

Let me know if this is a known issue or you need additional data to troubleshoot. 

Otherwise, the latest beta (.9.76) is pretty darn solid!

No worse, no!  I'd say go ahead and push it out unless there are other issues to address, but would appreciate it if it can be kept on a short list for a future release.

marcelveldt

Hi, profile switching still has a bit of an issue. MB3 is correctly picking up the profile switch, so no problem there. The issue is the user logged in and related content is not loaded/refreshed after a profile switch.  The previous user info is showing (i.e. profile picture in 1080 skin + movie/TV show content).  Real issue here is parental controls are ignored until the add-on correctly picks up the new profile and loads relevant content (and excludes content that should not be viewed or played).  Takes about 5 minutes for the skin to update the new user that has logged in and show the correct content.

Let me know if this is a known issue or you need additional data to troubleshoot. 

Otherwise, the latest beta (.9.76) is pretty darn solid!

Could you explain this problem in a little more detail ? Like what do you mean with "the content" ? Do you mean all menu items in the skin ?

We have made various optimizations on the menubuilding and the recent beta of the addon contains fixes for the profile switch to immediately get the correct menu items if the profile is switched.

The skins that use this new approach are currently limited to only 1080XF and Titan (others will follow soon I guess).

Do you experience these problems too with 1080XF or Titan ?

Hi marcelveldt, here is more detail as best as I can describe without showing you (maybe I can do that if you need visuals..?)...

Skin version: 1080XF MB3 V3.0.93

Add-on Version: 0.9.760

I log in on my own profile (Kent) who has no parental restrictions.  MB3 correctly reports that I have authenticated.  1080XF loads up my profile pic and name, and the menu items (what I refer to as content) is loaded according to my profile (playlists, parental controls, etc).

I then switch to another profile (Sebastian) and once again MB3 shows that Sebastian has authenticated.  However, 1080XF still retains the Kent pic and name as well as all relevant menu items for Kent (parental control, playlists).  If i start a movie or episodes MB3 does thankfully show that Sebastian has started it.  Now, within 5 minutes of logging in, 1080XF 'catches up' and will then show Sebastian's pic and name.  The menu items / spotlights (in Movies and TV Shows) then update according to his profile (parental controls, play lists).  One caveat is that the Home Ongoing TV Shows widget does not update properly and still retains the prior profiles playlist.

Hope that helps. I can take some screen shots, pull some logs or setup some tests accounts and PM you my IP and test IDs.  Let me know.

Thanks!

Edit: addition bit of information on behavior here as well: If I then exit out of Kodi (from Sebastian being logged in) and then open up Kodi and log straight into Sebastian's profile, the exact same symptoms occur as if I had just switched from Kent profile!

Some other details:

• Kent profile is the 'master user' in Kodi
  • The xbmb3c add-on is setup for each user profile with their respective login IDs and passwords
  • Kodi profiles were created as separate data sources and settings
Edited by Kent

marcelveldt

@@Kent, thank you for the additional info. Your issue has been reported by other users too and we will definitely investigate it and fix.

The primary focus in developing the addon hasn't been the multiple profiles support, this has just been added so it need some more tweaking.

I'll let you know as soon as I find out more about this.

• Like 1

xnappo

Also, @@xnappo a lot of the things I held to nox4 for are kind of deprecated by a combination of the add-on and nox5

Still no nice home screen widgets in nox5 though right?

I am trying to find my Helix skin... 

xnappo

Edited by xnappo

dark_slayer

Still no nice home screen widgets in nox5 though right?

I am trying to find my Helix skin...

Nice? Not sure. I've used it with the native library and a pretty straightforward disc art info screen mod

Plenty of eye candy, but the things I missed were the artwork downloader which was still on the screen but not as prominent. Certainly not as customizable on widgets but I really used those for pvr shortcuts with quickwmc before serverwmc was stable. Then the toggle in NOx4 where you can kick off AD after a library update which was all deprecated by mb3 integration by this awesome group [emoji1]

Sorry know it's OT for this thread, but I was one of AN4s biggest supporters for those reasons. Just sharing why for me those reasons don't have as much meaning. I also don't use as many video add-ons as I used to

xnappo

I mean it does have home screen widget like this right?

54a44084d0f9f_Capture.jpg

That widget view with the detailed menu in the center is a habit my family can't break.

dark_slayer

That widget view with the detailed menu in the center is a habit my family can't break.

Don't think you'll get top and bottom. Just top or bottom afaik