Kodi Beta version discussion thread

im85288

elcabong

Thanks I will give it try, pardon me with another question my WOL works locally, but I can get to come off sleep mode when I try to connect remotely, unless my server is keep on always. Any ideas what may have prevent the system from waken up?

Cheers!

you may need to specifically allow WOL through your router, or at the very least, open ports required for WOL to be sent through.  you may have too look that up as i dont know the specifics off hand.

• Like 1

Angelblue05

I'm running media brower as a kodi addon.  I changed it back to my ip address.  I think the problem is with my media folders.  But I thought I could play back content from Kodi through Media Borwser 3 using a separate device. Am I wrong?

You are correct. :) However, it seems no information is pulled from your server. Out of curiosity, do you have a username/password entered in the add-on configuration?

Edited by Angelblue05

Angelblue05

Kodi is just a player, the content is found via your Media browser server. You need to enter your Media browser server credentials into the MB add-on configs. This will give Kodi access to your Media browser content. I hope this clarifies it for you :)

Edit: Let us know if you get it work. If not, we are here to help.

Edited by Angelblue05

Vidman

I'm running media brower as a kodi addon. I changed it back to my ip address. I think the problem is with my media folders. But I thought I could play back content from Kodi through Media Borwser 3 using a separate device. Am I wrong?

attachicon.gifkodi.log

I say again there are two components required to use media Browser 3 ...a server and a client....the media Browser addon for kodi is just a client....you MUST also have the server running somewhere

cbarks

I am running the server, but I'm having issue setting up the media library.  I know Kodi is just a client, as well as any other device (android cell phone).  I want to play content that is on Kodi and watch it on my mobile device.  I noticed the server has recognized my phone, but it does not show up as an active device. 

cbarks

Yeah me too!!! 

I have AFT with Kodi installed.  Kodi is not installed on my computer but Mediabrowser Server is.  I think I need to put Kodi on the computer in order to use the MedaiBrowser to play content from Kodi.  Sorry for the confusion...

xnappo

Yeash you are confused.

You point MediaBrowser Server to your media.

You point Kodi to your MediaBrowser server (do NOT set up Kodi libraries)

You point Android to your MediaBrowser server

elcabong

It should be displayed on MB server dashboard under Active Devices.  You may need to restart Kodi after installing/changing settings of the MB addon so it re-authenticates with the server.

• 2 weeks later...
olerocker

Hi there, after media browser plugin updated today it keeps on asking for a password every time kodi boots up.

Looking in the plugins configure panel ther seems to be no field anymore considering passwords.

Is this right or has something been broken? I hate to have to insert my password every time kodi boots up.

denethor

Same here.

And there is no password section in the add-on configuration page. Only Primary Server, Port and UserName.

denethor

if you set the password does it go away?

The actual password is not stored now, it logs on once, gets an auth token and stores that for later use.

Yes it goes away. But 1080XF cannot display backdrops for New items on Movies and TV Widgets. But "Home" section is fine. And I can browse Movies if I click on "Movies" on below screen shot. Maybe this is a skin issue. @@im85288 ?

550754ed2ce7e_ScreenShot20150317at000600

Edited by denethor

im85288

I can't imagine it is a skin issue as I haven't made any changes to 1080XF in about a month now.

jasonmcroy

Has anyone started using Kodi 14.2?

Thanks

I am on Kodi 14.2rc1.

-Jason

denethor

I can't imagine it is a skin issue as I haven't made any changes to 1080XF in about a month now.

Yes but since the add-on changed something you may need to change something accordingly. At least looked like that way to me.

olerocker

I had the same problem with the backdrops before the addon update, but the problem resolved itself after a day or two.

The only problem i am having now is that some tv shows even though they appear in the library just refuse to play.

If you try to play them through the filebrowser they play just fine, they also play if you try to use the mediabrowser server website.

The problem has been kind of random and not that frequent but it does appear from time to time.

aperry

Just another data point: For several days I was having the same problem as denethor. Same symptom, same skin. Occasionally Kodi would crash (Windows) and it seemed related to the issue. Anyway, I switched to another skin a couple of days ago and things are working more smoothly. I'd like to go back to 1080XF at some point, but I'll wait for the fix.

LehighBri

Now that things are transitioning to the new Emby name, is there a new/updated addon repo to use to get the Emby version vs. the old Mediabrowser addon?